Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 12-12-2021, 02:17 PM
Ascender
Right hand path made my life miserable.

Right hand path made my life miserable. While left hand path gave me beautiful results.

When i started seriously chanting the Hare Krishna mantra, it was as if people of this world turned against me and i had to go through the worst phase of my life i remember, years of my life wasted. Also the main turning point towards my life turning bad happened at the moment i was chanting the mantra. Praying to God has either not worked for me or has given me opposite result(s), like if i pray to God that something doesn't happen then exactly that thing will happen.

Doing left hand practices has given me +ve and quick results. Not sharing the practices right now as there's a quote attributed to Neem Karoli Baba: "You should not talk about your wealth, wife, or sadhana or they will go away.". So i don't want to jinx what's working for me. "Sadhana" means spiritual practice. By left hand practices i mean taking control of one's spirituality in one's own hand instead of depending on God, even doing things which people consider taboo but i didn't do anything morally wrong.

But i would like if chanting God's names and praying also worked for me, instead of harming me. Connecting with God, being absorbed in God may help me, but I'm afraid of connecting with God again.
Old 12-12-2021, 03:22 PM
Master
The Kaula (kula) path in Tantra is loosely called the left hand path. The extreme example is aghoris. Now, there’s nothing wrong per say with any path provided we can adopt it in any authentic manner.

What’s authentic? We live unapologetically. Fully. Immersed in the celebration as an offering to God, devotion at its highest and completest.

It is easy to see why this path is unsuitable for most of us. Judgment suspended, unlike Buddhists, we negate nothing but in a way we do because we negate indulgence in as associated with sense gratification, surrendering each flicker of rapture to the divine sublime, moment to moment, breath by breath, be it a glass of wine or sex.

Whilst the paths of Tantra intersect often be it recognition (Pratyabhijna), celebration (Kaula), energisation (Krama) or vibration (Spanda), in my view, the act of doership opposes surrender, thus an ego blockage in disguise. The same applies for mantra chanting actually. Instead, if we are still, the optimal mantra will ‘come to us’.

As for sharing experiences, if it is done out of vanity, it could be harmful but if it is done with purity of intent of sharing to offer others validation like a beacon of light, then it emotes love … and love is all there is, all else being a thought construct.
Old 31-03-2022, 10:10 PM
Ascender
Edit

In my recent experiences,
By praying to God i get guidance,
By praying to Govinda, Govinda takes the burden - gives me what i want - without i needing to do any work.

Currently there are limitations of course, i'm not one of those fools who falsely claim that God answers their every prayer.
Old 20-06-2022, 07:54 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by kralaro
In my recent experiences,
By praying to God i get guidance,
By praying to Govinda, Govinda takes the burden - gives me what i want - without i needing to do any work.

This is not what life is all about - someone taking your burden, and you not having to do anything for the result. You will later realize the folly of your way of thinking. But carry on now and have a good time while you can. You wont realize anything now, but much later. Nothing can deter you from the left hand path because you are getting quick results, which is what you want. But God (the real God, not Govinda) is not your servant to give you instant results while you do nothing except pray.
Old 08-07-2022, 06:23 AM
Ascender
As my faith in him has increased, i no longer pray.
Old 12-07-2022, 11:29 PM
Newbie ;)

Perhaps you gave up chanting too soon?

Your tale of woe after commencing a "right hand path" is not unusual. You don't say whether you practiced with any guidance at all; for instance, were you a stickler about keeping your head, neck and trunk aligned? Did you practice the usual admonitions about bodily purity, etc.? Although these issues (and more) deal only with the manner of practice, not paying attention to them can result in shakti kundalini rising through subsidiary channels (nadis), resulting in physical and/or mental problems.

More importantly, perhaps you are unaware that, in the beginning, chanting a mantra almost ALWAYS results in upset. Maan means mind; tra means to go beyond. Proper use of mantra, therefore, takes the practicant beyond the mind. It is a purifier. If one’s mind can be compared to a lake, at the beginning of the journey, all the so-called negative stuff is happily nestled, comfortable and quiescent, at the bottom—on the lakebed. Undisturbed, shall we say?

The so-called positive thoughts are nestled right alongside those other players—also undisturbed. Yep, at some time, you will have to look at those, too. Earnest and devoted practice will make this sludge come up for review in all its mixed and muddy glory to be dealt with and disposed. The waters of the lake become clearer and clearer, stiller and stiller, but at first it simply looks like a catastrophe is happening. If you haven’t been prepared for this, you can’t help but wonder if something is wrong—either with you, the teacher or the teaching. Faith and perseverance are required.

You also don't say what your "beautiful results" are by practicing a "left hand path." If you are desirous of achieving Self-realization, Truth, Supreme Divine Love but are praying for and acquiring mundane "goodies" by your practice, you may want to rethink that. Goodies--by design--are impermanent. And while impermanent things may give you temporary happiness, they are incapable--by Design--of giving you permanent joy.
Old 13-07-2022, 03:23 AM
Master
About manifesting reality, yes, we can create it but …..

Here’s a poem I penned on this topic

Subtle desires bait,
urging we create,
as in manifest
fate at heart’s behest.

This sets in motion
needless commotion,
since on the rebound,
we fall to the ground.

Life’s not so simple,
for each thought ripple
needs to be rested
after it’s tested.

Yet desires distilled
by love, heart bliss filled,
is a joyous verse
of the universe.

Jueju
Old 17-08-2022, 09:29 AM
Ascender
I was told:
"Bad things happen to you when you do good deeds, 'cause otherwise you would causally link them and blame yourself."

So, in my opinion, the mod reading this please delete this thread, thank you.