Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Films

Old 28-12-2014, 11:10 AM
Deactivated Account
Lost (tv show)

Anyone else seen it? Like many tv shows and films there's a strong spiritual theme underlying it. I love the fact it's existential i.e concerned with the nature of existence on a very strange and unknown island where the fight for survival conflicts with belief that there is a meaning and purpose to it all. The character of John Locke is just brilliant.

I'd love to hear any thoughts on this show.
Old 01-02-2015, 03:33 AM
Guide
I watched all 6 seasons. Didn't think it was very good though. I'm pretty sure they just made everything up as they went along. But I enjoyed it too sort of. I liked that it was filmed in Hawaii. Definitely science fiction themed show more than a spiritual themed show. Time travel, parallel universes, magic, and Bermuda Triangle kind of themes.

Spoilers.

Season 6 has two different parallel universes happening simultaneously. The same characters doing two different things that cannot coexist. The way I see it the universes are not parallel but exist in sequence. The first universe in the sequence is the one where they crash on the island. The second universe in the sequence is the one where the plane doesn't crash. I see them ordered that way because the characters in the second universe have memories of crashing on the island even though that did not happen in their universe. But the characters on the island don't have memories of making it home without crashing. So even though it happens in parallel it's still like it comes after the other universe.

Some people think that everyone dies in the end of Season 6. But I didn't see it that way. It was just a gathering where everyone from the first universe including characters that died in that version of events, were able to come together in the second universe and remember that first-universe experience they all shared together. After that they go on with their lives as normal.
Old 01-02-2015, 04:33 PM
Experiencer
I love Lost.I think it has an open end,as well as in each season there is something for everyone.If one watch it again years later,i bet they will find something new.
Old 19-02-2015, 09:57 PM
Suspended
I saw this all the way through (was one of my favorite TV shows) when it first aired. It's been so long now that it's hard to remember the details. I never stopped to look at the underlying theme's of this one, it was for me a great adventure.

I do remember John Locke though. I think he was the only one who had something to be happy about after the plane crash. And so he came to feel that his miracle had a more profound meaning. He was if I remember correctly, most responsible for pushing the idea of there being a meaing to it all.

Last edited by Astro : 20-02-2015 at 12:16 AM.
Old 19-02-2015, 10:28 PM
TesseLated

Great show...I dont watch too many...but this included great actors...and at least...an interesting story line..
Old 04-03-2015, 03:37 PM
Deactivated Account
I understood the ending as everyone coming together years after it all happened. I didn't think everyone died at the actual ending although I can see how it was misinterpreted.

I'm pretty sure the writers did make it up as they went along. I still think it was brilliant though. It struck me very early on that John Locke was presented as a sort of mythical/Christ figure and I really identified with a lot of the feelings his character had.

I'd like to watch it through from the beginning again. I'm sure I'll get even more from it.
Old 19-03-2015, 09:33 PM
Suspended
I remember Locke telling or teaching Walt something. There was a scene where they were playing backgammon, and Locke used backgammon pieces to explain something. I can't remember what he said though, so I had to look it up.
As a former backgammon player, the history of the game that Locke offered came to my attention, as I remember it being considered as the oldest known game, although for some reason I remembered it being linked to China...
The rest of what Locke had to say didn't bring much back to me. Light & dark; I don't remember how things played out.
Hard to believe it's been eleven years since I saw it!
Old 23-04-2015, 10:49 PM
tyunty

Happy to see Lost here. It's my all time favourite Tv-show.
I've seen interviews with the creators and yes, there were times when they made things up as they went. I think the last 3 or 2 seasons were planned whatsoever.

Ahh I miss Lost :( I miss the excitment/suffering every week, waiting for the new episode.
Old 24-04-2015, 08:42 AM
Deactivated Account
I miss Lost too! I didn't see if when it came out, only on DVD, but I have to say I really miss the show and its characters. OIf course I could buy the series and watch it again but it's really not the same.

I know it's silly but I'm holding out watching the final ep of season one Once Upon a Time right now as I've loved that show too and although there's more seasons to watch (and they may still be making them - unsure) I'll never come to it fresh again. For me there's always sadness when I've enjoyed and invested in a show.

But yes...Lost was fantastic, esp season one when I didn't have a clue what was happening.
Old 24-04-2015, 09:05 AM
DeadlyNightShade

Lost was an amazing TV show did anyone else cry much when they experienced their flashbacks to their time on the Island? The parallel flashbacks where they suddenly remembered everything? This can reduce me and some of my friends to tears.