Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 14-11-2010, 12:21 AM
debbie.b

bible

the bible........fact or fiction?
Old 14-11-2010, 01:01 AM
Shim

If fiction, then there would be no value of importance, at least when made in comparison to any other book.

However, the Bible is truth revealed and preserved for us in the Holy Scriptures. 2 Timothy 3:16: "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,"

The OT's inspiration had been validated by the Lord Jesus Christ by quoting; the law and prophets. Matthew 5:17-18:

“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.

Preparing His disciples the Lord endorsed the NT in principle. John 16:12:

“I have much more to say to you, more than you can now bear. But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. He will glorify me because it is from me that he will receive what he will make known to you. All that belongs to the Father is mine. That is why I said the Spirit will receive from me what he will make known to you.”
Old 14-11-2010, 01:23 AM
Master
The Bible is a Metaphor just like all scriptures, to argue over them being true or not is completely missing the whole point.
Old 14-11-2010, 01:33 AM
Shim

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
The Bible is a Metaphor just like all scriptures, to argue over them being true or not is completely missing the whole point.

Surely, many have stood in front of the same scene wondering why their faith couldn't move a mountain.
Old 14-11-2010, 01:42 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shim
Surely, many have stood in front of the same scene wondering why their faith couldn't move a mountain.
There also is such thing as blind faith, this is what most literalistic believes have.
Old 14-11-2010, 02:04 AM
Guide
Neither. Fact implies that everything it says is true and literal, which it is not. Fiction implies that it was all made up, which it is not. Nor is it the word of God. However the teachings it contains, especially the accounts of Jesus's life, are very true and worth your consideration. That's just my two cents.
Old 14-11-2010, 03:11 AM
Gracey

the bible was written by man for man to control man. and its a good history book, well, i would not let my young ones read it, some of those stories are just too brutal.
Old 14-11-2010, 03:16 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracey
the bible was written by man for man to control man. and its a good history book, well, i would not let my young ones read it, some of those stories are just too brutal.
Yea thats true, I have been transferring vinyl records onto Cd's for a Christian friend, there story's from the bible for children and I have to say I wouldn't let my children if I had some listen to this horror.
Old 14-11-2010, 03:40 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracey

They have some good books just about Jesus that are more appropriate for kids.
Old 14-11-2010, 04:11 AM
Master
I like the story's of Krishna, now they are great story's, he was such a mischief little boy, just like a normal little boy. I have head some people in my church tell their children that if you sin you make Jesus cry, wow, he must be crying 24/7 lol.