Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 12-11-2010, 11:48 PM
Rumar

Reason why I wouldn't quite doubt this is because my buddy/mentor had the similar strength of empathy where a friend of his who was pregnant was going through some difficulties started feeling the nausia kicking in, he calmly walked up to his room and started vomiting into the toilet, some empaths (him especially) can actually take the pain FROM them as their own and they stop feeling it.
Old 14-11-2010, 09:47 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangress
IF this is not her pain, then being in a hospital full of ill people isn't exactly going to improve her condition.

If I were you, I'd make sure nothing is physically wrong, multiple times, and then get her to walk outside (if she can...if not then I'd carry her.)

Then I would force energy into her and throw some of my own psychic/energetic shields over her as well (without telling her I was doing so, of course) then I would ask her whether she felt better now that she was outside, and whether the pain has abated.

If she would say no, then I would mentally note that it is most likely her own pain.

Then in order to find out whether its psychologically induced pain, I would ask her to shield herself and THEN say I would help her to do so. Perhaps also get her to sit quietly and meditate and focus on something other than the people around her, and her pain.

If her pain miraculously ends when she shields herself, then we can say it was psychological pain that she is blocking her own mind telling her something is not well instead of others peoples physical pain.

If her pain returns when she comes back into the hospital, then I would further question when and where the pain started and possible reasons why the hospital could be linked with her pain.

(Would she act ill and in pain because she was in a hospital? Because she knew there were ill people in the hospital so she would automatically (even subconsciously) mimic their pain?)

I'm not saying any of this is all true in her situation, only running through some theories and scenarios.

*Shrugs* That's just what I would do.

Not sure if anyone else would take the same not-so-honest approach to figuring out her condition, but I know it's a surefire way to understand the situation a little more.

ty for your time in writing it we have figured and know it is not her pain she is not in hospital at the min she is at her house and works at a care home she picks up on there pain and goes home and lives next to drunks she is surrounded by pain all day and is un able to send it away so easily because it is never ending and she seems to have gotten more sensitive to it she has been protected not only by herself but many others she has been to hospitals many times before and they have come up with nothing she is herself a nutritionalist and iv never seen any1 eat quite as healthy as her and she still gets stomach pain basically she is as i suggest over empathic the question is how if u can can u stop a gift i have been told before it is like denying a part of yourself to deny your gift but in extreme cases what would you do?
Old 15-11-2010, 05:29 PM
Seeker
An Empath's abilities

I have read through all of the posts and find it fascinating. I am glad you found what was hurting her. I, too, am an empath and, although it hurts a lot when you get pain and negativity flooding into you (because I am extra sensitive to it) is really is a treasured gift. I love having my abilities and, around trusted people, admit to being a psychic.

Rather than denying her abilities she should embrace them as they are a part of her. We all have challenges in life and her empathy, I bet, plays a significant part in her life. Like me, she just needs to learn how to control it and shield herself from harm.

It may be more difficult because she is surrounded by pain, but the only limits she has are those she puts on herself (I believe it is true in this case).

Let me know how the results.
My blessings to her, from a fellow empath.

Love and Light,
UniverseofLove xx

If you're going through hell, keep going..
Old 15-11-2010, 09:30 PM
deepsea

Empathy is one of the worst gifts to have.

You can actually feel others' mental and physical pain.
It took me years to accept that it was not my pain but other people's suffering that caused me feel depression,mental anguish and anger.
Before I sleep now,I clear my mind by grounding,thus making sure my mind and thoughts are clear.

Deepsea
Old 15-11-2010, 10:50 PM
Racer X

Too much EMPATH(Y) for others is too little EMPATHy for SELF!

She needs to take a break, a vacation!

Edgar Cayce had too much Empathy too. One of his readings told him to only give two per day! When he found himself ill, another reading told him to take a vacation. When he asked "how long?" He was told "Until healed!"; he did not listen and returned early.....he died that same year!

Help others.......yes
Do not forget to "Treat your Self just as well as treat others"; no more, no less!

If she she cannot leave on vacation, then find a good massage therapist or a class of interest to take. A yoga instructor, a nutrition adviser, anything which will help her take better care of the body-mind-spirit.

A simple meditation practice of continual asking "Thy Will, not mine, what would you have me do?"

A critical error occurs when one thinks they can "save the world.......alone!" You cannot, not even Jesus, Buddha, or Lao Tzu carried that burden!

Empaths............reflect on this! You cannot be of a greater good if you can not care for Self. You are of EQUAL value, do not under value your own worth. Rest as often as you aid others! If you give an hour, rest an hour or even two.........
Old 16-11-2010, 07:05 AM
deepsea

Excellent advice.
Deepsea
Old 16-11-2010, 12:42 PM
Greenslade

I'm with you on that one, Racer. If you're not fit for yourself you're not fit for anyone else.

A sense of empathy comes from sensing the energies. Aware of it or not but we send out energies into the Universe and that's what empaths pick up on. Imagine energy as a stream - meditate on it if it works for you. You can stand in the stream and get a good soaking, or you can stand to one side - just a few steps - and just get your feet wet. You don't have to leave the stream completely, all you have to do is side-step a little. When you need to, a side-step is all it takes to get back into the main flow.