Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 11-11-2010, 07:17 PM
Experiencer
over empath

hi every1
heres the situation a lady i know is an empath and has been into her spirituality for many many years she grounds herself and protects herself but she is being hospitalised by other peoples pain any suggestions on what to do other than making her live on a desert island surrounded by nothing pls let me know
Old 11-11-2010, 08:17 PM
Master
does she do readigns? If so she needs to take some time out, if she's that much of an empath she needs to learn BETTER way to protect herself because obviously it's not working. Also how do you guys know that this is other people's pain she's in the hospital for?
Spiritlite.
Old 11-11-2010, 08:21 PM
Master
She's still human and subject to disease and disasters of all kinds.
Protection does not mean she will avoid all bad things happening to her.
She should be capable of learning how to protect herself during readings or if she's just sensitive to all people around her, it's not news that we need to do this.
I will pray for her.

Old 12-11-2010, 06:54 PM
Experiencer
it isnt through readings or healing other people its through general life plus it is her experience which makes this so confusing she knows and does protect herself alot better than i can we know its not her pain because doctors can find nothing physically wrong
Old 12-11-2010, 07:32 PM
Master
Are you guys absolutely sure it's not her pain? Just because the docs can't find anything wrong doesn't mean they are right, have you gotten third, fourth, fifth opinions? I had to get three opinions to finally get my shortness of breath properly diagnosed which was blood clots in the lungs.
Spiritlite.
Old 12-11-2010, 08:10 PM
Rumar

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyme2
hi every1
heres the situation a lady i know is an empath and has been into her spirituality for many many years she grounds herself and protects herself but she is being hospitalised by other peoples pain any suggestions on what to do other than making her live on a desert island surrounded by nothing pls let me know
That deserted island looks very welcoming though, she can go ahead and protect herself all she wants, she can't make herself invulnerable.
Old 12-11-2010, 09:02 PM
Gerryh

What kind of pain is she having?
Old 12-11-2010, 09:35 PM
Experiencer
stomach pain mostly tho she does get other pain she will know when ppl are having e.g. liver problems etc etc etc i think rumar has the best answer tho it may well be a life lesson she has to learn tho it doesnt seem fair that she has to feel everybody elses pain aswell
Old 12-11-2010, 10:59 PM
Enya

She does have a choice. It may be on some level she needs to ask herself what she gets out of the pain links... It may sound harsh, but it's a valid approach that we all get something out of our experiences, even negative ones. For instance, I admitted to myself a long time ago that I enjoyed anxiety attacks. They made me feel alive and brought me attention when I knew of no other way to communicate.

Here are some questions she can ask herself - stomach pain... what can she not 'stomach' in her life? Why does she not train herself to acknowledge others pain and then release it, why does she hold on to it?
Old 12-11-2010, 11:39 PM
Sangress

IF this is not her pain, then being in a hospital full of ill people isn't exactly going to improve her condition.

If I were you, I'd make sure nothing is physically wrong, multiple times, and then get her to walk outside (if she can...if not then I'd carry her.)

Then I would force energy into her and throw some of my own psychic/energetic shields over her as well (without telling her I was doing so, of course) then I would ask her whether she felt better now that she was outside, and whether the pain has abated.

If she would say no, then I would mentally note that it is most likely her own pain.

Then in order to find out whether its psychologically induced pain, I would ask her to shield herself and THEN say I would help her to do so. Perhaps also get her to sit quietly and meditate and focus on something other than the people around her, and her pain.

If her pain miraculously ends when she shields herself, then we can say it was psychological pain that she is blocking her own mind telling her something is not well instead of others peoples physical pain.

If her pain returns when she comes back into the hospital, then I would further question when and where the pain started and possible reasons why the hospital could be linked with her pain.

(Would she act ill and in pain because she was in a hospital? Because she knew there were ill people in the hospital so she would automatically (even subconsciously) mimic their pain?)

I'm not saying any of this is all true in her situation, only running through some theories and scenarios.

*Shrugs* That's just what I would do.

Not sure if anyone else would take the same not-so-honest approach to figuring out her condition, but I know it's a surefire way to understand the situation a little more.