Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 30-10-2010, 12:30 AM
Master
Brilliant! Where did you find this quote? And please don't tell me to read the Pali Canon.
Old 30-10-2010, 01:09 AM
Jules

Quote:
Believe only what you yourself judge to be true.”
this is sooo refreshing to hear. Hallelujah. THIS is how I try and teach by example. Listen to your instincts, that little voice of reason we tend to push back when we don't want to ACCEPT our own truth. Thanks for sharing EP x

Quote:
And please don't tell me to read the Pali Canon.
Erm, and why not?
Old 30-10-2010, 01:28 AM
Master
Belief is comfortable, convenient; it dulls. It is a kind of drug; it makes you a zombie. A zombie can be a Christian, \Hindu,
Mohammedan - but they are all zombies, with different labels. And sometimes you get fed up with one label, so they
change the label; the Hindu becomes a Christian, the Christian becomes a Hindu, a new label, a fresh label, but behind the label the same belief system.
Destroy your beliefs. Certainly it will be uncomfortable, inconvenient but
nothing valuable is ever gained without. Osho
Old 30-10-2010, 01:31 AM
Jules

Hmm. Not understanding that Rob. So you're in effect saying that the belief I have in my instinct, that all consuming knowing from the higher c is talking a load of rubbish? ello btw :) xx
Old 30-10-2010, 01:37 AM
mahakali

similar to my signature quote lol
Old 30-10-2010, 01:43 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules
Hmm. Not understanding that Rob. So you're in effect saying that the belief I have in my instinct, that all consuming knowing from the higher c is talking a load of rubbish? ello btw :) xx
Hi Jules, yes if its a belief then I'm sorry to say yes lol, but if its an inner Knowing, an intuitive feeling from deep within, then its not a belief, its a truth that needs no one to believe in. Truth flows while a belief is held in the mind, truth can change from one day to the next but a belief cannot change, it is cling to, while truth cannot be cling to, it will only slip through your fingers.I hope that makes since, but please don't believe it lol.
Old 30-10-2010, 01:44 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahakali
similar to my signature quote lol

Yes, know the self and be faithful to that truth.

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 30-10-2010, 01:50 AM
Shim

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
Hi Jules, yes if its a belief then I'm sorry to say yes lol, but if its an inner Knowing, an intuitive feeling from deep within, then its not a belief, its a truth that needs no one to believe in. Truth flows while a belief is held in the mind, truth can change from one day to the next but a belief cannot change, it is cling to, while truth cannot be cling to, it will only slip through your fingers.I hope that makes since, but please don't believe it lol.

Ahh, so this would apply as so: psychoslice is not an infidel because ten years from now he may change his belief? Not saying psychoslice is an infidel or that he needs to convert, so please do not believe this. I had to look up the definition of infidel before making this post. Even though this term is not from my belief, I decided to change labels and terms and realized really we are both talking the same lingo, but in practice we are not anything alike.

2 Corinthians 6:14

Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
Old 30-10-2010, 01:51 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by John32241
Yes, know the self and be faithful to that truth.
Good one John, just simple and strait to the point.
Old 30-10-2010, 01:53 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shim
Ahh, so this would apply as so: psychoslice is not an infidel because ten years from now he may change his belief? Not saying psychoslice is an infidel or that he needs to convert, so please do not believe this. I had to look up the definition of infidel before making this post. Even though this term is not from my belief, I decided to change labels and terms and realized really we are both talking the same lingo, but in practice we are not anything alike.

2 Corinthians 6:14

Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
As I said I have no beliefs, I only have my teddy bear lol.