Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 16-11-2015, 09:25 PM
Experiencer
Can anyone give insight on this type of dreaming?

Hello

Me and another fellow SFer were discussing dreams. the dreams they have they are sometimes standing on the sidelines watching a event unfold. and I asked them. " Ive been having those all my life, what type of ability ( if any) or dreaming would this be considered?" but since its new to them. They didn't know. so figured i'd ask here. I'll give some examples of some of the dreams i've had in the past.

They are usually not violent. Majority of my dreams aren't. but one night I had a dream about a tragic school shooting. I didn't get the location of the school or anything. but its as if i was watching it unfold. I was standing to the side and watching these actions take place. the person who was doing the shooting had red hair is basically all I saw. Some points throughout this dream - Its as if i "stepped" into one of the people running. and then I saw through their eyes. and by using that person. I was able to move a large group of people to safety. Another time i interfered when the gunner was aiming down at someone else and I stepped into that person and made them react to move out of the way. I wasnt lucid - I couldnt even think in this dream. It just happened.

Another example is: Sometimes i have dreams of watching people on the sidelines doing everyday actives. For some reason I was watching a woman I've never seen before fix her hair in the mirror? lol..

Another one I spent the whole day with these two people who were best friends. They couldnt see me, but again I was watching from the side lines. They ran into some trouble - somehow they ended up sourrounded by water and one of the friends were on top of the car trying to pull their other friend up to safey with them. I again stepped into that person and helped them pull that person up.

So my question is.. why do i have these dreams sometimes? and is it a category or a name for them so i can learn more about why i'm able to see/do these in non lucid dreams?
Old 16-11-2015, 09:54 PM
Newbie ;)

This type of dream may represent you feeling like you're watching things happen in your life and that you need to step in instead of being a spectator...

Or it could be a type of "remote viewing"?....difficult to tell, I don't believe I have had this experience while asleep and I definitely have had some headscratchers...

One thing I try to pay attention to is "is this a dream-dream"...or "is this a premonition?"....

Sometimes I dream about things that end up happening to me and the way to ell the difference is if I change rooms and the scenery changes with no consistency to what I know the environment to actually be...

Off hand, it sounds like you could be viewing things from another persons perspective and hopefully some of these things don't actually end up happening in real life...the true telltale is the dream about a girl standing in front of a mirror fixing her hair - if this dream has the same feel as the dream with the shootings then it gives you a clue as to what you are actually experiencing...

And make no mistake. These dreams are definitely experiences...It just depends on what type of experience it is and how you can tell the difference between a dream being a journey, premonition, metaphorical message or a viewing(so-to-speak)...

I don't know if this helps, but maybe I can give you insight as to what you might want to look for the next time you experience this...
Old 16-11-2015, 10:01 PM
Master
I bet the SFer you were having this conversation with is the most awesome person in existence.
Old 16-11-2015, 10:13 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by innerlight
I bet the SFer you were having this conversation with is the most awesome person in existence.

Indeed I bet they are

@Chuckid , Thank you for that. I somewhat get to what you're referring to. Usually when its a dream about me, i'm the person in the dream. like some times i've had dreams where my whole day is planned out . or just a snippet of the day. Just a few days ago I dreamed I was at work and I had to deal with a difficult customer. when I woke up. ( the start of that work day) I was dreading it cause I DIDN'T want to deal with that person haha.(luckily i didn't have to. atleast not yet ) Or other-times I'd see what i'm wearing in a dream and when I wake up I know what to put on.. that sort of thing. but these.. i've never seen these people in my life. or the locations. so i'm not sure.

So i agree, I hope they do not happen . the one that had the violence in it. I dreamed that a few years go. also the one with the woman fixing her hair.
Old 16-11-2015, 10:16 PM
Guide
Hi Kayfaei,
This is sooo fascinating! I've been interpreting dreams for over 25 years and have only recently in the past year stumbled upon this type of dreaming.
Crystalsong posted this response in a post titled "this might have been a dream" a couple months ago. It sounds so similar to your experience.

We spend 1/3 of out life asleep, but not all of us is asleep, our consciousness doesn't need sleep, only the body does for cellular repair. We have a number of energy bodies and these can be used instead of the physical body. I don't understand how it all works but I know a young lady who leads a double life. One in her physical body and one in her astral body.
She often wakes up with an amazing story and marks on her body which last a day or two.
For whatever reason she often enters soldiers bodies in the field who have frozen in dramatic circumstance in fear and she gets their body moving and out of harms way.
I remember staying at their farm for about 2 months and one morning she limped into the kitchen. "Good Heavens Girl what in the world did you do to yourself in your sleep?!" I asked, as she hadn't limped to bed the night before.
"Oh it's not mine, it's his, he got shot as I jumped his body into the river. I just feel these things for a while afterwards. MY foot is just fine".
"I'm sorry, back up please, I'm not following.." I replied confused.
So she told the story. Her brother and Mom were nearby and didn't even blink and eye and in fact said she'd been doing this since a young child.
After going to sleep her consciousness left the sleeping body and found a patrol going along a river bank, moving ahead of them she saw movement and tried to warn them of an ambush but wasn't able too before the gunfire started. One soldier froze in fear unable to react, she entered his body and dove him into the river, his foot was shot before it got under water. She swam him down stream under water for as long as possible, then as he recovered telepathically urged him to the bank and to climb out. She then left his body now that he had his senses back.
"Okay so his foot was shot, but why are you limping?" I asked.
"I don't know, it just happens like this, guess I'm still sort of connected to him or something? It'll go away later today or tomorrow. It always does. His won't though." Then she giggled and added "His other option was to be dead though so he can deal with a little foot wound".
Over the two month spell with them several times she came out bleary eye's and very out of it in the morning and not wanting to talk. It would take till about mid day before she would grumble something like "I was traveling last night, bad conflict area, got one guy out but couldn't help his friend..." Then she'd shut down and no more details would come out. She often had bruises or sore muscles or weird marks which would fade away quicker than an ordinary wound.

My theory is that it isn't dreaming or astral projection, but some unique spiritual gift that you must have chosen to do during this incarnation. That's my gut feeling. I just think it's so fascinating and a powerful gift. Similar to a walk-in experience, but temporary and full of kindness!

Hope is praying for rain; Faith is bringing an umbrella
Old 16-11-2015, 10:27 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayfaei
Hello

Me and another fellow SFer were discussing dreams. the dreams they have they are sometimes standing on the sidelines watching a event unfold. and I asked them. " Ive been having those all my life, what type of ability ( if any) or dreaming would this be considered?" but since its new to them. They didn't know. so figured i'd ask here. I'll give some examples of some of the dreams i've had in the past.

Mostly these refer to "Being the Observer" which is our own AWARENESS and not the drama filled ego

They are usually not violent. Majority of my dreams aren't. but one night I had a dream about a tragic school shooting. I didn't get the location of the school or anything. but its as if i was watching it unfold. I was standing to the side and watching these actions take place. the person who was doing the shooting had red hair is basically all I saw. Some points throughout this dream - Its as if i "stepped" into one of the people running. and then I saw through their eyes. and by using that person. I was able to move a large group of people to safety. Another time i interfered when the gunner was aiming down at someone else and I stepped into that person and made them react to move out of the way. I wasnt lucid - I couldnt even think in this dream. It just happened.

These have two meanings...... one you can aid others in this manner! The second is you are seeing something that is going to happen or you are going to see it in news the following day or so.

Another example is: Sometimes i have dreams of watching people on the sidelines doing everyday actives. For some reason I was watching a woman I've never seen before fix her hair in the mirror? lol..

Another one I spent the whole day with these two people who were best friends. They couldnt see me, but again I was watching from the side lines. They ran into some trouble - somehow they ended up sourrounded by water and one of the friends were on top of the car trying to pull their other friend up to safey with them. I again stepped into that person and helped them pull that person up.

So my question is.. why do i have these dreams sometimes? and is it a category or a name for them so i can learn more about why i'm able to see/do these in non lucid dreams?

Your dreams indicate your helpful nature to others. All consciousness is CONNECTED ..... even in sleep ...... sometimes you may be aiding others without knowing it or their knowing it. Work with this ..... read "Dreams: Your Magic Mirror by Elsie Sechrist and The Edgar Cayce Companion by B. Ernest Frejer" these will help increase your Awareness and dreams will become more lucid....sometimes VISIONARY.
Old 16-11-2015, 10:29 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourner2013
Hi Kayfaei,
This is sooo fascinating! I've been interpreting dreams for over 25 years and have only recently in the past year stumbled upon this type of dreaming.
Crystalsong posted this response in a post titled "this might have been a dream" a couple months ago. It sounds so similar to your experience.

We spend 1/3 of out life asleep, but not all of us is asleep, our consciousness doesn't need sleep, only the body does for cellular repair. We have a number of energy bodies and these can be used instead of the physical body. I don't understand how it all works but I know a young lady who leads a double life. One in her physical body and one in her astral body.
She often wakes up with an amazing story and marks on her body which last a day or two.
For whatever reason she often enters soldiers bodies in the field who have frozen in dramatic circumstance in fear and she gets their body moving and out of harms way.
I remember staying at their farm for about 2 months and one morning she limped into the kitchen. "Good Heavens Girl what in the world did you do to yourself in your sleep?!" I asked, as she hadn't limped to bed the night before.
"Oh it's not mine, it's his, he got shot as I jumped his body into the river. I just feel these things for a while afterwards. MY foot is just fine".
"I'm sorry, back up please, I'm not following.." I replied confused.
So she told the story. Her brother and Mom were nearby and didn't even blink and eye and in fact said she'd been doing this since a young child.
After going to sleep her consciousness left the sleeping body and found a patrol going along a river bank, moving ahead of them she saw movement and tried to warn them of an ambush but wasn't able too before the gunfire started. One soldier froze in fear unable to react, she entered his body and dove him into the river, his foot was shot before it got under water. She swam him down stream under water for as long as possible, then as he recovered telepathically urged him to the bank and to climb out. She then left his body now that he had his senses back.
"Okay so his foot was shot, but why are you limping?" I asked.
"I don't know, it just happens like this, guess I'm still sort of connected to him or something? It'll go away later today or tomorrow. It always does. His won't though." Then she giggled and added "His other option was to be dead though so he can deal with a little foot wound".
Over the two month spell with them several times she came out bleary eye's and very out of it in the morning and not wanting to talk. It would take till about mid day before she would grumble something like "I was traveling last night, bad conflict area, got one guy out but couldn't help his friend..." Then she'd shut down and no more details would come out. She often had bruises or sore muscles or weird marks which would fade away quicker than an ordinary wound.

My theory is that it isn't dreaming or astral projection, but some unique spiritual gift that you must have chosen to do during this incarnation. That's my gut feeling. I just think it's so fascinating and a powerful gift. Similar to a walk-in experience, but temporary and full of kindness!

Hi Sojourner! I actually remember seeing where Crystalsong posted that, but it didn't ring a bell for me until you brought it up again. They are similar! and to be honest if I do that while sleeping the thought doesn't scare me. Long as I don't get "stuck" in the other people.(since my conciounces does it on its own i'll still trust it for now ) to be honest I haven't had a dream like that in months so I'm not even how how its triggered, I just go to sleep haha. but since me and the other person was talking about it. it made me think about to it, and I was thinking "hey..wait a minute"..

lol I can say sometimes when I wake up my body does feel stiff as if i've been traveling - normally though when I feel that way, I remember small glimpses of seeing terrain passing by underneath me. the last time i remember that though was a few weeks ago - it was snowy mountains - who knows where I was. lol in the dream me and my family went to Florida.. and it was snow there. last time I checked Florida haven't seen snow in ages. but thank you for reminding me of that. I just wish I knew a name for this so i could look it up more Just to get a better understanding - If it happens naturally I think I will continue to let it happen.
Old 16-11-2015, 10:33 PM
Experiencer
Golden Eagle thank you ! I have the next three days off so I shall be getting those books on Amazon.

Thank you all for the replys. I'm glad to be able to come here and explain these and have someone understand or knows what i'm talkng about. I am really greatful.
Old 16-11-2015, 10:48 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayfaei
Golden Eagle thank you ! I have the next three days off so I shall be getting those books on Amazon.

Thank you all for the replys. I'm glad to be able to come here and explain these and have someone understand or knows what i'm talkng about. I am really greatful.

Intuition guided me here .... i was just following orders from within ~

You are welcome and you will love those two books as they will answer more questions than you can imagine!
Old 16-11-2015, 10:50 PM
Guide
if this is a spiritual gift you and others may have, it gives such a beautiful feeling on ONENESS to the human experience. To think that you are giving courage to someone in the world in a moment of excruciating fear--in order to save his/her life, it just feels like a oneness that we may not feel in our daily life, such as dealing with a grumpy customer at your day job!

I really do feel it must be a spiritual gift, but I don't think everyone has it. IDK, but truly embrace it--that would be my advice!

Hope is praying for rain; Faith is bringing an umbrella