Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 10-06-2023, 01:11 PM
Newbie ;)

HELP!!! Something is trying to kill me in my sleep

Something was trying to drown me in the bathtub in my sleep, I woke up in my bed and was like "what the heck?", I went back sleep not too long afterwards on my back this time, and this time as I fell asleep I felt myself in the tub again with water filling up to the top over my head and I felt someone put my left arm down to get me fully submerged into the water. Then I woke up again and now I'm up and annoyed. For years I've been having bad dreams and I want them gone. I'm tired of going through this.
Old 10-06-2023, 02:37 PM
That sounds awful and terrifying. I'm so sorry.

BUT, I would not say ''someone' -' is doing this...our subconscious mind is complicated, imo, how it works.
Something is coming out into your dreams, from what I know about it.

Google about the subconscious and our dreams - learn more...someone here I hope can offer more help .
Best wishes...In the meantime, think good thoughts during the day --meaning kind, compassionate thoughts about
others even those that have hurt you or you can't stand. Ha! :)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 10-06-2023, 06:41 PM
Administrator
What Miss Hepburn said is good advice.
but this could also be a Past life Memory
Have you looked into past life regression? this may give you the answers you seek

Namaste
Old 10-06-2023, 07:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
but this could also be a Past life Memory
OH....yes. Agree!
I don't wanna say anything...but...my friend's little boy had a a serious thing happen to him
when he was SO little he could be washed in the kitchen sink. I rem the day she called me to tell me
what her boyfriend did. We were freaked...we knew this would have a lasting effect...he is 43 now...and doesn't get
near a swimming pool or do water sports.

Of course, he doesn't rem the incident.
Is it still in there? You bet!!

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 11-06-2023, 09:10 AM
Master

There could be many things but in my opinion whatever is, is expressed by the subconscious mind that way.

Before going into the spiritual and things like that, make sure your health is fine and that you do not suffer from some kind of problem, for example, your breathing may stop for a while at night and that is the experience you get because of it. If you wake up taking a huge breath of air this may be explained by a health issue, I am not a doctor, just trying to put things in perspective.

Then there's also trauma, a traumatic event that happened to you in which you could not breath, possibly something related with water. Notice that you are not drowning in an ocean, see, pool or something with a large quantity of water, but in your bathtub.

There could be something totally different, for example, things from your day to day life that may come up in your subconscious in the form of that experience.

As a last resort there could be supernatural things which are more difficult to quantify for there could be so so many things, sudden past life memory, having a nasty entity around that area, things like that.
Old 11-06-2023, 09:14 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
...BUT, I would not say ''someone' -' is doing this...our subconscious mind is complicated, imo, how it works.
Something is coming out into your dreams, from what I know about it
What exactly do you mean that "Something is coming out into your dreams".? I've also tried thinking positively, and I still seem to have bad dreams. I don't know what's going on.
Old 11-06-2023, 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HopeForChange
What exactly do you mean that "Something is coming out into your dreams".?
I've also tried thinking positively, and I still seem to have bad dreams. I don't know what's going on.
Something in our unconscious mind or our subconscious could be coming out in our dreams that is UN -conscious to us:

As in, someone could have seen a terrifying thing, a traumatic 'thing' could have happened to a person, say even at 6 months old ,
2 yrs old...the person doesn't rem it at all consciously ---but it is 'in there'.
This 'thing' could act itself out in your life or come out into your dreams.

Ok, say you were terrified on a camping trip or hike as a baby...a 9 foot
bear roars on it's hind legs...as you are being carried.
That event stays with you, tho you have NO memory of it.
Then, it could act itself out in a dream of seeing a scary bear or a monster of some kind.

All of this has been written about extensively - it can be Googled.

Btw, trying never cuts it...people ''try' to quit smoking everyday.
You either do it or you don't ...Ref to Yoda in Star Wars.
Sorry, but true.

Old 11-06-2023, 07:06 PM
Master

This could well be a subconscious memory of a past traumatic event trying to make itself known to your conscious awareness.

Another possibility is that water is the element associated with the emotions, so dreams of water and drowning could reflect that we sometimes feel we are being overwhelmed by our emotions.

Or recurring dreams of someone trying to harm us may require us to turn and face this "someone". As Miss H. said earlier, this someone may be a creation of our own subconscious, a personification of some aspect of ourselves acting out a particular role. When we turn and face whoever or whatever is trying to harm us then it dissolves.

We are each the best interpreters of our own dreams.

Peace
Old 11-06-2023, 10:19 PM
Yaoughta

This is NOT a past memory. It just doesn't seem to fit the normal pattern of such things presented in the dreamscape. More than likely, it is a projection of how you're feeling in a current situation. I suspect you're feeling emotionally manipulated or overwhelmed and are experiencing more drama than usual. The water in the tub represents are emotional body. Typically, baths represent cleansing and relaxing, but since you're feeling as if someone is drowning you, it probably represents the feeling of being forced to explore your emotions or go deeper with your emotions or that you feel you cannot have a relaxing and calm moment. Either way, you as the dreamer should be able to tell. I always recommend going off of how you felt to steer you in the right direction of your dreams. Since you felt annoyed, that should be your clue. What are you annoyed about in your waking state?

A good way to rid yourself of these is upon awakening from bad dreams or any dream really and the moment you realize you're awake in the realm you feel is you or your waking state, ask yourself in your mind "Why did I receive this?" "What must I learn from this?" Also, as soon as you awaken from ANY bad dream and you realize that is was but a dream, close your eyes and picture the dream images playing out the way you would wish and reclaim your power. In this case, picture yourself seeing who is holding you down in the water. Picture yourself rising above the water and telling whoever it is holding you down "You have NO power over me!"
Old 12-06-2023, 12:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaoughta
This is NOT a past memory.
Ya just can't say that here as a fact. We can't know that for sure.
Whether true or not...think it, believe it, ok...but, say it's your opinion on the Forum, please.
It seems I'm starting to write this one time a day!