Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Quotes & Stories

Old 17-10-2014, 11:51 AM
You are pure consciousness,
already free, awake and, liberated.
Stand up and walk out of your dream.
I am here to say you can do this.

- Adyashanti

https://www.adyashanti.org/index.php

An online course on the teachings of Nisargaddata
Oct. 31, 2014, registration deadline

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 25-10-2014, 02:44 PM

“The dawning of the enlightened mind is not at all what it is often imagined to
be
and not as far away as you might think it is.” ~ Adyashanti

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 28-10-2014, 02:30 PM
KevinO

God gets you to the plate, but once you're there, you're on your own.

Ted Williams
Old 29-10-2014, 01:27 PM
When you are discontent, you always want more, more, more.
Your desire can never be satisfied.
But when you practice contentment, you can say to yourself,
'Oh yes - I already have everything that I really need.'

Dalai Lama

Old 10-11-2014, 10:45 AM
Master
One can only define the unknown by its supposed and supposable relations with the known.

Succeed in not fearing the lion, and the lion will fear YOU. Say to suffering, 'I will that you shall become a pleasure,' and it will prove to be such-- and even more than a pleasure, it will be a blessing.

In olden times gold was manufactured by science; nowadays science must be renewed by gold. We have fixed the volatile and we must now volatilize the fixed—in other words, we have materialized spirit, and we must now spiritualize matter.

Weakness ever sympathizes with vice, because vice is a weakness which assumes the mask of strength. Madness holds reason in horror, and on all subjects it delights in the exaggerations of falsehood. The cause of all bewitchments, the poison of all philtres, the power of all sorcerers are there.

Progress is a possibility for the animal: it can be broken in, tamed and trained; but it is not a possibility for the fool, because the fool thinks he has nothing to learn. It is his place to dictate to others and put them right, and so it is impossible to reason with him. He will laugh you to scorn in saying that what he does not understand is not a meaningful proposition. 'Why don't I understand it, then?', he asks you, with marvellous impudence. To tell him it is because he is a fool would only be taken as an insult, so there is nothing you can say in reply. Everybody else sees it quite clearly, but he will never realize it.

Here then, at the outset, is a potent secret which is inaccessible to the majority of people; a secret which they will never guess and which it would be useless to tell them: the secret of their own stupidity.

'Father, forgive them,' said Jesus, 'for they know not what they do' -- People of good sense whoever you may be, I will add, do not listen to them, for they know not what they say.

Eliphas Levi
Old 11-11-2014, 01:14 PM
“Student, tell me, what is God?
He is the breath inside the breath.”

-Kabir, b. 1398

* If anyone doesn't know what he means
and would like to ...pm me. :)

Old 15-11-2014, 11:01 AM
Master

If we continuously maintain self-awareness, we will be able to experience peace and happiness.-- Mata Amritanandamayi

To disconnect mind from self-awareness and to become aware of anything else is nothing but unhappiness. - Sri Ramana Maharshi

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon
Old 15-11-2014, 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay00
If we continuously maintain self-awareness,
we will be able to experience peace and happiness.-- Mata Amritanandamayi

To disconnect mind from self-awareness and to become aware
of anything else is nothing but unhappiness. - Sri Ramana Maharshi
Again, these should be bumper stickers for all to see!

To a mind that is still, the whole Universe surrenders.

- Lao Tzu

Old 15-11-2014, 05:29 PM
KevinO

When I told the people of Northern Ireland that I was an atheist, a woman in the audience stood up and said, "Yes, but is it the God of the Catholics or the God of the Protestants in whom you don't believe?" --Quentin Crisp
Old 15-11-2014, 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinO
When I told the people of Northern Ireland that I was an atheist, a woman in the
audience stood up and said, "Yes, but is it the God of the Catholics or the God of the Protestants
in whom you don't believe?" --Quentin Crisp
Made me laugh!