Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Films

Closed Thread

Old 13-10-2006, 05:47 PM
Master
Favorite Films?

We have had lists of our favorite books, artists and music, so how about favorite films?

I must admit that my favorite films have 'mystical' or 'spiritual' qualities.
I love Sergio Leones 'Spagetti Westerns' with 'ol Clint Eastwood as the mythical 'Man With No Name'. 'The Good The Bad And The Ugly' is timeless.
I also like Sam Peckinpahs westerns 'The Wild Bunch' and 'Pat Garret And Billy The Kid'.
Also Clint Eastwood as a director did some classic Westerns; i.e. 'Unforgiven', 'Pale Rider' and 'The Outlaw Josey Wales'.

Just to top it all off; I love Walt Disney cartoons like: 'Snow White' 'Cinderella' 'Bambi' and so on.

How about your favorite films?

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 14-10-2006, 04:12 AM
Master
Just to add one more film; I must not forget 'Legend' by Ridley Scott.
Funnily there are two versions, both virtually identical except for the music.
The European version has music by William Goldsmith (I think that is his name), which is fine. But the American version has music by Tangerine Dream which is incredible.
A very 'Spiritual' Film!

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 14-10-2006, 05:07 AM
rose

i loved Legend when i was young. i remember the opening scenes taking my breath away they were so beautiful. must watch it again.

i love the labyrinth, stealing beauty, water ( a recent indian movie), the constant gardener, march of the penguins, amelie, city of lost children, the red, white and blue trilogy, black cat/white cat, betty blue,

basically anythings set in france, italy or europe...the list is too huge

jean de florette, la dolce vita....
Old 14-10-2006, 01:39 PM
forgetful

I personally loved Forrest Gump. I think it is really one of the greatest messages I have ever seen on film. And I sincerely feel if a human being lives entirely from the heart, like Forrest did, the universe would be completely behind that person. Then again it is just a movie. A very good one I thought.
Old 14-10-2006, 01:45 PM
Deactivated Account
i love legend now i'm old lol
loved 'powder' too
Old 14-10-2006, 02:53 PM
e-ma

rose, you mentioned some really top films - March of the Penguins was one of the most harrowing, beautiful films I have ever seen! I watched it on cinema last year when it was freezing and icy. The amount of hardship and suffering that the penguins have to go through in the hope of raising a live young is incredible. I was in tears. Wow.

The Constant Gardener was fantastic because I loved even the simple concept of the daily practise of gardening or tending to plants, whilst so much profound other stuff was happening. It's like, worlds can be made and destroyed and the biggest events can take place, and all you can do is continue to go about your daily activities. The moral message was great too, about corrupt pharmeceutical giants, and I loved how bold and fearless Rachel Weisz was.

I love anything that makes you think hard, anything with an epic, planetary slant.. Apocalypse Now was amazing because it showed how far one man could go in his lifetime.. how far away from his previous understanding of life, that is. Also it shows war from a philosophical perspective.. I love to ponder over life and death.. what happens when you kill, or are killed.

Also love wierd / foreign / psychedelic film of any type, the more surreal the better
Old 14-10-2006, 03:13 PM
~Jay~

Erm - Harry Potter?.....

*gets coat*

Old 14-10-2006, 10:18 PM
BLAIR2BE

lol. i love legend, always a favorite, the godfather trilogy, the labyrinth is also a grand movie. almost any clint eastwood western, tho highplains drifter is my favorite, spirited away is great, anything wierd, or thought provoking. the list is astronomical.........
Old 15-10-2006, 05:53 AM
rose

we all love those old fantasy movies. that's great

i love harry potter jaycee! have read all the books and seen the movies. i took my niece. that was my excuse for the last few

e-ma....aren't those movies wonderful?! i cried and laughed so hard in march of the penguins. i love people's views on movies and books etc. to me, his character in the constant gardener kept his plants going because it grounded him and kept him going. and he plugged away at growing them quietly like he did in his search for his wife's killers. i adored his character. both their characters. they were the opposite. the gentle and the bold. and they taught each other so much. and it's the balance this earth needs. in our ways of changing things. sorry...this movie triggered so much for me :)

blair...i have never seen the godfather trilogy. i can't believe it myself! i must get them out on dvd sometime soon.
Old 15-10-2006, 08:46 AM
e-ma

Aww... yep rose, those are wonderful thoughts about the film.. the relationship between them was really unique, too, I thought, I loved the spontaneity of their meeting and then going to Africa.. and the fact that he was quiet and withdrawn but incredibly strong and calm, as you said, just plugging away at what needed to be done.. really cool :-)
Closed Thread