Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 10-06-2016, 03:52 PM
Master
7 of swords...

This is a card I keep pulling, and it's a card that was also pulled for me. No matter what question is asked, it seems to find its way into the pull.

Now I know on a topical level it's a card that is sneaky, unethical, and even deceptive. Those are not the traits I exhibit and I hope to not be like that in the future. So what else can this card be about.

I like to think it's a card about trying to avoid responsibility, a calling even, like trying to not be whom I am..

Any other insights are welcome,

Cheers.

Last edited by innerlight : 10-06-2016 at 06:17 PM.
Old 10-06-2016, 04:34 PM
Master
I'll give you what I came up with when I was journaling all my cards.
Apart from the standard interpretation...
Sneaking off with something with something that isn't yours (literally or figuratively taking something from someone --> Manipulation?
Taking advantage of people/situation.
Keeping things hidden.

Can also be courage or care, depending on the surrounding cards.

For me, the man on the card can either be sneaking out of the camp with the swords, or sneaking in. Which one it is, depends on the reading, and the interpretation depends on that too.
If he's sneaking in with the swords, then to me it feels like he's living in the camp, has a family waiting for him, and he's bringing them ... whatever it is the swords represent.
As he's wearing a cloak, obviously trying to hide the swords from view, maybe someone's who's scared to let the word know what riches he has? Or scared to have the things he has and values taken from him.
This can ALSO be figuratively, for instance on the work floor or at home, not daring to reveal and/ or share what you have, like wisdom, or ideas, thoughts. And since all the swords are different, it may involve an awful lot of different things/thoughts/plans/ideas/wisdom.

On the card of my deck (Robin Wood) only two swords are in sight, behind the wall, so still sort of safe guarded. Maybe you don't show your full potential when you should?

To me it largely hinges on whether I feel the guy is sneaking in or out.

Maybe any of this rings a bell or helps you to steer away from the default interpretation.
Old 10-06-2016, 05:50 PM
Master
some possible interpretations:

- you aren't facing up to the truth
- you don't want to face the music
- avoiding obligations (work, relationship, commitment)
- dishonest people around you
- a friend or lover is two faced
- need to make sure you've covered your tracks
- can you get away with something you've done?
- possibly deceiving yourself that what you're doing is the right action to take
- use logic and clarity to get to the truth and clear the air
- isolating yourself from others is becoming a burden for you
Old 10-06-2016, 06:04 PM
Deactivated Account

Good question inner, because I had this card ( 7 of Swords) a few times myself and my first thought was that it meant trickery and deception. However, I have analyzed it a bit. I think it has more to do with the concept of "fooling" ourselves ( self deception)and not being authentic to our true calling/potential.

*edit* Sorry I realized my art is different from traditional tarot, may confuse people who aren't familiar with my brand and the locations of the objects. Almost gave you a full reading there. hehehe
Old 10-06-2016, 06:09 PM
Pathfinder
to me, the Seven of Swords is primarily about Logic and Intuition butting heads. There may be some sort of decision-making you're faced with. You have all the information you need to make this decision and yet you may still feel confused. The logical decision doesn't feel quite right and the intuitive decision feels uncomfortable because it defies all the information you've gathered.
So, it's a bit of a risk-taking card (to me anyway) that urges you to go with your intuition more.
Old 10-06-2016, 09:09 PM
Master
Thanks everyone. When this card comes out, he seems to be an odd man out. Not really fighting into the pull. As they will generally be pleasant and more upbeat than this guy. Who seems to be the proverbial "thief in the night." Or, in the missing picture from this post, the "goose in the night."

Which does not really fit my mo. I'm not really the Robin Hood type, to actively take, or willingly withhold something from someone. I also can't really see myself as being deceptive to myself, unless I'm blind to myself, and don't realize I am kidding myself. Hopefully not true. Maybe I am not being authentic to myself, or my calling. Perhaps this is what this card is telling me. To trust my intuition, realize I do have the answers, and those answers are exactly what I think I am...

Or, there is something I need to stop withholding, hording/stealing and work to share it with others.
Old 11-06-2016, 02:01 AM
Administrator
Hello Innerlight

The Seven of Swords -

* efforts and attempts amid uncertain or unstable conditions
* one’s success might be at the expense on another, you might get more than one bargained for
* keep things in perspective, and maintain balance
* if one is having a problem leave it alone, and come back to it later
* things will clear up and work out

This seems to pull me to a work situation where credit is not given where it is truly due to be given.

This is where you have to find that balance with it all or find another path. In this it feels like speaking up or out will clear nothing.

Lynn
Old 11-06-2016, 05:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
Hello Innerlight

The Seven of Swords -

* efforts and attempts amid uncertain or unstable conditions
* one’s success might be at the expense on another, you might get more than one bargained for
* keep things in perspective, and maintain balance
* if one is having a problem leave it alone, and come back to it later
* things will clear up and work out

This seems to pull me to a work situation where credit is not given where it is truly due to be given.

This is where you have to find that balance with it all or find another path. In this it feels like speaking up or out will clear nothing.

Lynn

Well, I can honestly say work does play into things, and was part of one of the pulls I received this card. And that was in wondering if a new path, a path of healing work, is the "right" path for me. As I am at a place where my current job has reached its end for me, and is now time to branch into other things. I am feeling the pull of the healing work, but was looking to see what guidance I could get from the cards. I do feel I do not get the respect and appreciation that I should have and deserve at my current work. That I am just grunt work. So that was part of the reason I bought myself a table to start going down that new path of healing work.
Old 11-06-2016, 06:01 PM
Master

Hello! Tealily The Tarot Rebel here.

7 of Swords

- As a 7, this is in my book as a "don't give up" card, particularly if it appears in the 'Advice' position
- As a Sword card, this probably refers to communications - talking, but also projects and things like job applications

This is very much a card about not having all your fingers in one pie and being flexible; however the underlying motives vary greatly.

Without more detail about the other cards in the spread, I can't comment further - but trust your gut/first impression, and be open to a range of meanings. I've even had things like The Tower and 3 of Swords come up as very positive messages before