Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Welcome to Spiritual Forums > Forum Help

Closed Thread

Old 18-02-2011, 04:49 PM
Experiencer
Suggestion: Trade/Barter Area

My adventures takes me up and down the east coast.. let anyone around the corner from my house.. Often items are left on our front porch as offering or donations..

Case in point.. had a fellow drop by two years ago.. with a low powered microscope.. and simply gave it to me.. he said his company was throwing things away.. and thought I could use it..

No the microscope isn't for trade.. But I do have allot of jewelry items, minerals, craft items etc.. and I can even tumble you a set of stones.

Here is the issue.. it is apparent that this site is not willing or highly unlikely to agree to this sort of thing.. But I'm not asking for money thou shipping the items to you would be a trade off..

We would place items in the topic area.. (clear images) seeking trades with others for items of similar value etc..

Idea 2: Because I enjoy taking pictures.. I'm willing to offer my services to take pictures of your items as a trade/barter types service..

Possible?..
Old 18-02-2011, 04:55 PM
Myer

Hello Wiz !

Why do people leave things on yout porch ?

Myer
Old 18-02-2011, 05:03 PM
Master
I like the idea a lot, but can imagine how quickly things could get out of hand. I wish everyone knew how to create their own forums and it's supposed to be easy, if I knew the first thing about creating a site where people exchange things, I'd do it in a heartbeat. I'd like to see some raw and/or unique crystals, for example.

Old 18-02-2011, 05:32 PM
Master
Try freecycle.org
Old 18-02-2011, 05:33 PM
Experiencer
Re:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myer
Why do people leave things on yout porch ?

Well to be honest.. many in the neighborhood as well as family members know that my wife and I are scavengers.. and crafters.. they would rather leave the items with us, knowing that we can find homes for it.. or use it in our crafts..

Over xmas.. there was a large box on the front porch.. containing xmas items.. wrapping paper.. kids coloring books.. ornaments.. ribbon.. yarn.. You name it..
Old 18-02-2011, 05:37 PM
Experiencer
Re:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
..if I knew the first thing about creating a site where people exchange things, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Well I have been toying with the idea myself.. but it seems every time I attempt to create a site of my own.. i end up closing the site due to lack of support or interest.

But I'll willing to try it again.. if we have enough users interested..

Possible sites (free to all users):

Opera
Groupsite
Facebook

I have accounts at bot of these sites and they both have many options to create this type of group.

other suggestions?..
Old 18-02-2011, 05:40 PM
Master
Hmmm, as with all 'businesses', there's gotta be a hook.
What that could be for you or other individuals wishing to do the same,
I guess is a matter of calculated luck...

I'll check those all out plus freecycle.org, Kaere. Thx.

Old 19-02-2011, 02:54 PM
Experiencer
I've carefully studied the freecycle.org web site.. the site isn't very well laid out or constructed. It's cookie cutter & cheesy format needs allot of work.. but then again.. I used to design basic web sites for others..

I still like the idea of Opera, Groupsite or Facebook. As of yet.. no one else responded to this topic thus I doubt I'll create anything anytime soon.
Old 19-02-2011, 03:18 PM
Saladkiller

I have to agree with kaere on this. There already exists many websites that does this sort of bartering, so adding a function like that to SF would be kind of redundant.

Besides, does the admin here look like the staff of ebay? lol..
Old 20-02-2011, 03:14 PM
Myer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardOfTheStone
Well to be honest.. many in the neighborhood as well as family members know that my wife and I are scavengers.. and crafters.. they would rather leave the items with us, knowing that we can find homes for it.. or use it in our crafts..

Over xmas.. there was a large box on the front porch.. containing xmas items.. wrapping paper.. kids coloring books.. ornaments.. ribbon.. yarn.. You name it..

Oh WIZ.....I am really worried that you might be a hoarder?

The kind of people that won't throw anything away, because it might come in handy somewhere down the line. I'd have a fit if people were leaving their junk on my porch! This is not good !

Myer
Closed Thread