Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 22-03-2023, 06:52 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
i agree with that. But I find it hard to decipher what god wants.

I was thinking that when I read that quote from Jesus. He said to do God's will. How do we know what God's will is? Do I become a Police Officer or a Teacher or a Priest or Nun? Do I have kids or not? Which is God's will?

From reading everything Jesus said, seems to me God's will is treating others with love. That's all that matters. Maybe pick a profession where you help others? Really we can help others and love them in a lot of ways. Pretty much in almost all professions.

Sadly so many ways people make money these days is ripping off other people. Help and care for others. That is God's will I think. See God in everyone and love them.

Even if you were a hermit living in a cave you can do God's will by being a point of love in the world. Love the plants and animals around you. Love the stranger who wonders by. Love the sky and earth and trees. If you are filled with love you are filled with God.
Old 22-03-2023, 11:36 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maisy
Help and care for others. That is God's will I think. See God in everyone and love them.

a lot of people don't seem to 'get' that love isn't just a happy feeling you have for yourself and trade around with others, the things that were said about love for example in corinthians point to NOT doing things that are intended to either get you what you want, or make you look good in the eyes of others. Or sometimes, even make you 'happy'. While still not giving up.
Old 23-03-2023, 06:51 AM
Master

I think the root of divine love is feeling that strong connection with others.
Old 24-03-2023, 12:30 PM
Master

I've never really been able to be 'connected' to others except at a distance, so it isn't something I could know about...
Old 24-03-2023, 01:44 PM
Master
Quote:
I've never really been able to be 'connected' to others except at a distance, so it isn't something I could know about...

What about ' interconnected '
Old 24-03-2023, 04:41 PM
Master

Quote:

I feel connected in the sense we are all souls. But as far as ego's the souls have aligned with, those "personalities" I don't connect with at all. So I can not connect with the "person" but still know under all that meanness and aggression is a divine essence.
Old 24-03-2023, 11:45 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maisy
I feel connected in the sense we are all souls. But as far as ego's the souls have aligned with, those "personalities" I don't connect with at all. So I can not connect with the "person" but still know under all that meanness and aggression is a divine essence.

that makes sense. kinda like, love the person even if they are only wearing loud and tawdry clothes that you don't like even one bit?

the distance for me is, nothing in common. Like being in a 'cold' place where others don't wanna go...
Old 25-03-2023, 09:06 PM
Master
Quote:
that makes sense. ...
... others don't wanna go...
I assume the person who is in that place, don't wanna be in that place themselves either.
perhaps that is why they are distant. Because they actually don't want ANYONE to be in that place.
Old 26-03-2023, 12:17 AM
Master

it is very difficult to want anything, that noone else wants. Possibly, if I had had a real choice I would have done something else? But by the grace of god I'm here, now, I see why this is better than what I wanted anyway, so I'm willing to go along with it until the next time of forgetting. lol.