Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 23-07-2021, 04:45 PM
Master
I first got interested in the art of healing over 50 years ago when I emerged completely symptom-free from an "irreversible coma" when doctors had predicted that, in the unlikely event of survival, there would be severe brain/organ damage. After that, I had a very intense interest in the healing process and the nature of the mind-body-spirit connection relevant to healing.

One interesting recent healing example is the story of my friend Jakob in Vienna whom I met about 5 years ago when he was a depressed 23-year-old who had been diagnosed with the incurable degenerative neurological disease called Ataxia. He had been told by doctors that he would gradually lose control of his limbs and be wheelchair bound. Through meditation, positive thinking, and holistic practices (no medications of any kind were available), he has reversed the disease completely and his therapist recently told him that he didn't see any signs of Ataxia. A documentary was just made on his story and will premiere in the "Impact Hub" in Vienna on August 28th, 2021.

The power of mind over matter cannot be underestimated. In double-blind studies conducted by medical researchers on pain-killing medications (as per a course offered by the University of Minnesota), it was shown that the placebo group experienced a 30-40% improvement in pain relief while the actual medication only accounted for an additional 10-20% improvement.

I once met a healer in India and asked him directly how much of the cure was due to him personally or to the patient. He indicated that the patient's attitude accounted for 70% of the cure and the 30% that he contributed was making them BELIEVE that a cure was possible. The specific methodology was not the major factor.

Studies with multiple-personality-disorders (now called a dissociative disorder) have shown that a major disease like diabetes can disappear IMMEDIATELY with a personality switch.

I am not saying that the mind/belief is the "only factor" but it is a significant factor.

Last edited by Still_Waters : 24-07-2021 at 02:46 PM.
Old 23-07-2021, 09:23 PM
Administrator
I can relate to the last post very much, when my fourth child was 2 years old my neighbour who was a friend came to my house for a coffee,
as a rare occurrence my daughter fell asleep.

My neighbour went home i had a sudden urge to go to the bathroom i fell to the floor in agony i could only crawl to the phone.i called my husband he could hear i was in pain

he came straight home,i phoned the doctors she could hear how bad i was she came straight out,
i was sent straight to hospital for a scan, they found nothing.

i was back and to to the hospital for three weeks, until in the end i told my pain to go away i wasnt going to except it.
the pain went easier i went for a Laparoscopy they gave me no water because i was going to theatre i did not go it went on for three days,
When i went to the nurses station demanding they do something a young Irish locum doctor saw me and said you look well to think you have been to theatre when i said i hadnt he got straight on the phone to theatre,

I Went to theatre it turned out i was i minute away from death as i had a Ectopic the baby was 14 weeks old and still in my tube.
I MADE a complaint they blamed me for having a high pain barrier.
i said no i didnt accept the pain its Mind over matter

until that point the doctors didnt believe in mind over matter now they do

Namaste
Old 24-07-2021, 02:43 PM
Master
QUOTE 22 EXCERPT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
i said no i didnt accept the pain its Mind over matter

until that point the doctors didnt believe in mind over matter now they do

Great real-life example for "mind over matter".

Thanks for sharing !
Old 24-07-2021, 04:34 PM
Master
Don't you have some 'mind over matter' accounts to share?

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜