Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 28-11-2019, 02:40 PM
Newbie ;)

Yes, I've a situation in life at the moment that feels unfair and unjust. It seems all that can be done about it is to surrender it. Don't know how this situation will turn out but at least there is no bitterness. Perhaps it is a test.

A quote from Ramana on surrender:

"Either the thoughts are eliminated by holding on to the root thought ā€˜Iā€™ or one surrenders oneself unconditionally to the Higher Power. These are the only two ways for realisation. It is not enough that one thinks of God while doing the karma, but one must continually and unceasing think of Him. Then alone will the mind become pure. God cannot be deceived by outward genuflections, bowings and prostrations. Leave it to Him. Surrender unreservedly. One of two things must be done. Either surrender because you admit your inability and also require a Higher Power to help you; or investigate into the cause of misery, go into the source and merge into the Self. Either way you will be free from misery. God never forsakes one who has surrendered."
Old 28-11-2019, 02:45 PM
Newbie ;)

"Surrender is complete only when you reach the stage Thou are all’ and ‘Thy will be done’. … you can have no likes or dislikes after your surrender; your will should become completely non-existent, the Lord’s will taking its place."

Ramana
Old 29-11-2019, 05:04 PM
Pathfinder

The silent, unbiased, non-judging witness - excellent thoughts ! How to do it for me is another question - I am the opposite a lot of the time.
Old 29-11-2019, 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by enaid
The silent, unbiased, non-judging witness - excellent thoughts ! How to do it for me is another question - I am the opposite a lot of the time.
Thought Control, my friend. Takes practice - soon you are on auto -pilot - took me 2 weeks -
some could take longer, cuz they may not have the steadfast, determined, desperate desire I did. Oh yeah.

Every single thought you must capture and banish if it is something you do not want - unkind, negative,
judgmental, fearful, anxious, jealous, prideful, angry, lustful, vengeful...whatever. AND they are not 'you'.

"You" are a wonderful, innocent babe...making your way in this nutty place
wanting love and happiness, right?
Stop it in it's tracks. You are the captain of your ship! Not these errant thoughts.
"Just say no." Nancy Reagan's motto.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 02-12-2019, 10:37 AM
Color

''Everything that's transpiring is transpiring within yourself,
and you watch, you observe, like you watch a movie.''

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 18-12-2019, 12:28 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Well, after 12 years of practicing Thought Control...
I can attest to this being true.
I hardly remember the mischief my thoughts used to do!
In Christian speak...'the devil gets tired of playing with a person that he can't bother'.

Just a cute story...I have a gorgeous Ramana book that I pull out on my shelf so I can see his face all the time.
One time I just glanced at his face and suddenly was given another one of my 'moments'...except this
altered state lasted 2 hours of being 'struck' with an awesome realization...my dog even knew, "Um...you're different..."
Whew. I love when that happens.
Awesome. what was the realization? Share with us
Old 25-12-2019, 04:16 PM
Angel1

I'm so bad - I just came back to to this thread to get inspired by Robert's insights...and here was a ques
to me from a week ago. So sorry...and who knows if you will see this, spiritsoul!

I had said: "...except this altered state lasted 2 hours of being 'struck' with an awesome realization..."
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritsoul
Awesome. what was the realization? Share with us
Realizations are hard to talk about - one - they are for the individual -
two -one can never really capture the profound depth of a revelation given you...it ends up sounding trite, imo.
One of those: "You had to be there", things.
That being said - for hours I was in a zone - Cuz it 'seemed' as if looking at Ramana's photo that I was suddenly 'given' this experience...like
a brick falling on my head or something.

This was it in a nutshell - "You can be where we are."
In other words, telepathically - "Everything we have reached",
(the other yogi pictures in my room)---is so within your reach -
you can be where we are."
And all that that means was instantly 'put in me' --the depths of it.

How can I say...being in touch constantly, forever with - Reality....and all that means apart from this place, this world,
these separate beings here, this play of the 3rd Dimension that is not even real - but made of dreamstuff -
I could dwell in a State of Awareness...an expanded Consciousness and Satchitanand... all the time...
It was SO possible and my (our) destiny.
I was shown how close 'it' was and how it is right there.

I have started threads before this on: What is the difference between you and a Yogi? There is no difference--
they stopped tolerating suffering - and put their noses to the grind stone and did what was necessary
to get out of this mundane consciousness they had.

That is all --they stopped tolerating suffering in this Illusion.

Once a person really sees the possibility, (ie the story of the 4 minute mile), it
becomes more possible for all of us to achieve.

Old 25-12-2019, 05:27 PM
Thumbs up

"The only way you will ever awaken is through silence,
not through analyzation of facts.
Not by sorting out good and bad, but through simple silence, letting go.
Letting go of all thoughts, all the hurts, all the dogmas and concepts.
Letting go of these things daily."

~ Robert Adams

Old 25-12-2019, 07:09 PM
Thumbs up

Quote:
“The realisation of the Supreme Being (Paramatma) as our own self is the realisation of Truth.
The universe is the outcome of imagination.
Then why try to get a superficial knowledge of the imaginative universe,

rather than acquire the knowledge of self (Truth)?”
-Meher Baba
''The universe is the outcome of imagination.
Then why try to get a superficial knowledge of the imaginative universe...''

That's what I came up with over a decade ago ---yeah, why?
So I decided to learn as much as I could about Truth, Reality, God.
Best thing I ever did.

Old 09-01-2020, 04:13 AM
Knower
D.: If God is all why does the individual suffer for his actions? Are not the
actions prompted by Him for which the individual is made to suffer?

M.: He who thinks he is the doer is also the sufferer.

D.: But the actions are prompted by God and the individual is only His tool.

M.: This logic is applied only when one suffers, but not when one rejoices. If the conviction prevails always, there will be no suffering either.

D.: When will the suffering cease?

M.: Not until individuality is lost. If both the good and bad actions are His, why should you think that the enjoyment and suffering are alone yours?
He who does good or bad, also enjoys pleasure or suffers pain.
Leave it there and do not superimpose suffering on yourself.

Talks with Sri Ramana Maharshi
Talk 420.