Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 16-09-2021, 05:03 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
The Store is in the 'Mind'

If it is the mind, then it is a Buddhist store. It has to be a general store where stuff of other religions are available to different people who "have various needs and expectations".
Old 18-09-2021, 03:39 PM
Master
laleyle,

have you thought about looking into animism?
Not much on the subject in the West, but in a nut shell, it is Spirit is in everything. At its simplest form, there are no rituals, no rules, etc.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 18-09-2021, 05:52 PM
Master

Animism: the belief in a supernatural power that organizes and animates the material universe. (Wikipedia)

I swear that is the belief of Christianity.
Old 18-09-2021, 06:28 PM
Master
No need to swear.
Animism and Christianity are completely different.

As for Wikipedia's definition: all I can say is that they screwed up on that...... also.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 19-09-2021, 01:31 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
As for Wikipedia's definition: all I can say is that they screwed up on that...... also.

What is your definition then? Every tree has a soul? What about the pesky weeds I pulled out this afternoon for two hours with hatred?
Old 20-09-2021, 11:34 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by laleyle
Hi I want to follow a natural religion of worshipping nature. I can only believe in one true source of good - the Universe itself ... I want to worship nature as a whole and the infinite Universe and I guess I am not much for rituals.

This is like what I've come to follow, although I use Being as well as Nature as the name. Any word which expresses the Whole, Everything, the Universe are just as good.

Worship is an interesting word, how do you practice it or envision it being practised? Meditation is nearer to what I do, although I'd say there's a lot of overlap here. One aspect is how I see myself worshipping or contemplating nature. I can see nature around me and contemplate it in awe. I can also recognise that I am myself part of nature, so this is nature observing itself without a barrier or separation, a natural mysticism.
Old 24-09-2021, 07:51 PM
Administrator
Please respect that everyone has their own opinion

Namaste
Old 26-09-2021, 12:55 AM
Seeker

Not a Wiccan but here is my opinion.

Hi, I am not a Wiccan but as a syncretic Neo-Pagan who has read a bit about Wiccans and other Neo-Pagans there are no super strict rules so I don't think you need to worry. For example there are a number Wiccans who believe in Diana or synchronize with other pagan religions, from what I know you do not need an orthodoxy within Wicca and the same goes for Neo-Pagans. As I stated I myself am a Neo-Pagan synchronizing Germanic and Slavic deities, I worship some but not all of the deities and it is not improbable that I could worship non but the spirits instead. Also I don't follow all the rituals the exact way ancient Germanic and Slavic people did, sure I have stones and wooden idols but I set them up very different from the source I learned this from so what rituals make sense to you matters more than having approval from others. So you say you believe in the universe? I'm afraid I have no specific answer because so many religions believe in different cosmologies the ancient Slavs for example had Rod the slavic god of society, family, kinship, the universe, and creation and in ancient China you have Taoism where they believe in Tao or "the Way". You have a lot of options
Quote:
Originally Posted by laleyle
Hi I want to follow a natural religion of worshipping nature. I can only believe in one true source of good - the Universe itself - and maybe it can have different parts of it that can be symbolised as gods and godesses but I still believe in only one true source and can only seriously refer to it as such. I tried to follow wicca but I do not understand if you are allowed to believe in one source of good because they say to believe in many gods and godesses and worship them. I do not want to worship them, I want to worship nature as a whole and the infinite Universe and I guess I am not much for rituals. When I do something like a spell I want to do it my way. I do not use circles. I do not use a long list of tools or ingredients, I use my energy and the power of believeing almost like law of attraction with extra steps. It works so I don't know why I should do it any other way because intention is most important to me everything else is extra though I think for example crystals can help. And circle of protection is great but I think its just as valid to just call on protection and maybe visualize yourself in a circle of protection.

So I like wicca but I dont agree with everything, like the threefold law. I dont like it because it does not seem fair to wish harm on someone x 3 for what they did because then you are wishing them extra harm, not just karma but something x 3 worse than what they did.. In my mind that brings bad karma to yourself to do that. /:
And sorry but I dont like how wicca borrows from all religions in terms of gods and goddesses.

I wonder about all the tools necessary. People buy all those things athame, all kinds of crystals, special altar cloths etc.. Its serious that its necessary or is it just to show off ? Serious question. It seems hypocritical for a natural religion. /: And if you cant afford it you are not welcome ? If I find any nice branch I want as wiccan wand, it is not valid..?

It is very hard to find info... I like wicca but some aspects not so much. Is there some religion similar or is it valid to follow wicca as I would wish?? If I came across a coven someday would they accept me...?
Old 26-09-2021, 01:00 AM
Seeker

I noticed Something

Someone else made a great suggestion already, animism. It appears most people have already helped with good advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svaroga
Hi, I am not a Wiccan but as a syncretic Neo-Pagan who has read a bit about Wiccans and other Neo-Pagans there are no super strict rules so I don't think you need to worry. For example there are a number Wiccans who believe in Diana or synchronize with other pagan religions, from what I know you do not need an orthodoxy within Wicca and the same goes for Neo-Pagans. As I stated I myself am a Neo-Pagan synchronizing Germanic and Slavic deities, I worship some but not all of the deities and it is not improbable that I could worship non but the spirits instead. Also I don't follow all the rituals the exact way ancient Germanic and Slavic people did, sure I have stones and wooden idols but I set them up very different from the source I learned this from so what rituals make sense to you matters more than having approval from others. So you say you believe in the universe? I'm afraid I have no specific answer because so many religions believe in different cosmologies the ancient Slavs for example had Rod the slavic god of society, family, kinship, the universe, and creation and in ancient China you have Taoism where they believe in Tao or "the Way". You have a lot of options