Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 04-05-2020, 10:50 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeS80
Asking one's self "who am I?" is a positive mental intellect method while resonating with oneness or wholeness as Iamit said, is a mental and positive feeling of I AM relating harmoniously to oneness, wholeness and truth.

And yet the knowledge of I AM is nothing to do with the mind or the emotions. Oneness, wholeness and truth lie beyond the mind and the emotions, so we can resonate mentally and emotionally all we want, but realisation is something completely different.

Peace
Old 04-05-2020, 10:54 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
So why do you do so, pray tell?

Because it is such fun!

Peace
Old 05-05-2020, 06:56 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
And yet the knowledge of I AM is nothing to do with the mind or the emotions. Oneness, wholeness and truth lie beyond the mind and the emotions, so we can resonate mentally and emotionally all we want, but realisation is something completely different.

Peace
I said feeling not emotional. emotional is a mental thing, while feeling in the heart is not mental.
Old 05-05-2020, 08:52 AM
Master

Quote:
Yet your posts insist that all differences are illusory because everything is Oneness manifest.

You say that there are no separate people to realise Oneness. You say that there is no need for realisation because everything is already Oneness manifest. So why do you now emphasis the difference between traditional Advaita and Neo-Advaita? Surely if everything is just Oneness manifest, then such differences are just another illusion? Why the need to discuss such illusory difference?

It seems as if your intellect wants it both ways. When it comes to separate people having to attain realisation, you say that this is not necessary because all is One. Then you comment on me not understanding the differences between traditional and Neo, as if to say that these are two separate things within your Oneness manifest.

If I were a cynical fellow I might suspect that your intellect likes Neo-Advaita because it suggests that no effort is necessary and there is nothing you have to do to realise Oneness. Which is a very easy undemanding path. Good luck with it.

Peace

The differences are apparent in the manifestation for all to clearly see. Non Duality is a story in the manifestation, probably a fiction made up a long time ago. That might matter to you and others who are seekers of truth. It matters not to those that are not.
Old 05-05-2020, 09:17 AM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamit
The differences are apparent in the manifestation for all to clearly see. Non Duality is a story in the manifestation, probably a fiction made up a long time ago. That might matter to you and others who are seekers of truth. It matters not to those that are not.

You are both sides of the same coin, the seeker and that which is sought. To deny one side (the seeker) is to deny the omniscience, omnipresence and omnipotence of the other (the sought).
Old 05-05-2020, 11:58 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
You are both sides of the same coin, the seeker and that which is sought. To deny one side (the seeker) is to deny the omniscience, omnipresence and omnipotence of the other (the sought).

Yes there is no such thing as enlightenment for a seprate individual.
Old 05-05-2020, 12:51 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamit
Yes there is no such thing as enlightenment for a seprate individual.

And yet here we are, having this discussion. LOL!

https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/The_C...ses/Meditation

"I am never Râma [never one with Ishvara, the personal aspect of God], but I am [one with Brahman, the impersonal, all-pervading existence]. Here is a huge mass of clay. Out of that clay I made a little [mouse] and you made a little [elephant]. Both are clay. Melt both down They are essentially one. "I and my Father are one." [But the clay mouse can never be one with the clay elephant.]"

The novice says to the master, ‘What does one do before enlightenment?’
‘Chop wood. Carry water,’ replies the master.
The novice asks, ‘What, then, does one do after enlightenment?’
‘Chop wood. Carry water.’

What is chopping wood and carrying water, clay or mouse & elephant?
Old 05-05-2020, 01:53 PM
Master
Quote:
Because it is such fun!

Peace
Then it is NOT 'pointless', is it!
Old 05-05-2020, 02:04 PM
Master
Quote:
"I am never Râma [never one with Ishvara, the personal aspect of God], but I am [one with Brahman, the impersonal, all-pervading existence]."
Contrast this statement with with: “At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.”(John 14:20). aye what?

My comment: This [latter] statement cannot possibly be made sense of using simple, linear A→B→C logic, of course, but how aspects of the identities of personal and transpersonal beings (beingnesses, really) can operationally be ‘in’ one another becomes readily understandable if, when and as one realizes, as more and more people are now doing, that our existential reality is a matrixially interwoven, dynamically living (that is, creatively growing, developing, evolving, etc.) system wherein the output of every personal and transpersonal component of said system functions as input in relation to any and all other components which, because of constitutional similarities and/or complementary affiliations, are vibrationally ‘attuned’ thereto, such that the process of every singular or compound element thereof, ‘from the least to the greatest’, ultimately directly or indirectly affects and is affected by the process of every other aspect of Life.

Beats simply being 'one with' (what is called) Brahman hands down, on my scale of values (plural!), that is.
Old 05-05-2020, 02:21 PM
Master

Quote:
And yet here we are, having this discussion. LOL!

https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/The_C...ses/Meditation

"I am never Râma [never one with Ishvara, the personal aspect of God], but I am [one with Brahman, the impersonal, all-pervading existence]. Here is a huge mass of clay. Out of that clay I made a little [mouse] and you made a little [elephant]. Both are clay. Melt both down They are essentially one. "I and my Father are one." [But the clay mouse can never be one with the clay elephant.]"

The novice says to the master, ‘What does one do before enlightenment?’
‘Chop wood. Carry water,’ replies the master.
The novice asks, ‘What, then, does one do after enlightenment?’
‘Chop wood. Carry water.’

What is chopping wood and carrying water, clay or mouse & elephant?

Apparently:)