Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Welcome to Spiritual Forums > Forum Help

Old 15-10-2023, 04:24 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBe
The poetry section says 53 people looking lol which isn’t right..

When I hit it to open it, up comes that Great Wall of black in white wall of text.

Next time you see a great wall of text press CTRL+F5 and see if that fixes it. On Windows that will force a reload of your page. If you are Mac/iOS click here.

I temporarily disabled Cloudflare just to see if that solves any of the problems being experienced on here.

I can confirm that "Error 520: web server returns an unknown error" message because I saw that one myself. Here's what Cloudflare says about that:

Quote:
Error 520 occurs when the origin server returns an empty, unknown, or unexpected response to Cloudflare. For example:

Origin web server application crashes
Cloudflare IPs not allowed at your origin
Headers exceeding 16 KB (typically due to too many cookies)
An empty response from the origin web server that lacks an HTTP status code or response body
Missing response headers or origin web server not returning proper HTTP error responses.
upstream prematurely closed connection while reading response header from upstream is a common error we may notice in our logs. This indicates the origin web server was having issues which caused Cloudflare to generate 520 errors.

Cloudflare acts as a proxy and so the "origin server" referred to above is the spiritual forums server. With Cloudflare, our forum software can only see the Cloudflare IPs not the user's IP address (without additional tweaking of the code.)

With Cloudflare temporarily disabled on the site we can look for one or more of the above problems.

Also please let me know which problems continue to occur without Cloudflare.

Additional problems that can occur with or without Cloudflare:
  • Caching problems. If you suspect this, try clearing your browser cache. or press CTRL+F5 to force reload the page.
  • Problems with staying logged in. When logging in make sure Remember Me? is checked. If you still have trouble, clear your browser's cookies.

Note that viewing SF in a private incognito window will always start with a blank cache and cookies.
Old 15-10-2023, 09:59 PM
Master
Thank you. That makes sense. I’ll do as you’ve shared.
Old 16-10-2023, 07:08 PM
Master
Just curious that the viewing numbers have now increased as Justbe mentioned,is that now because bots are counted?(that's if they enter SF)
Old 16-10-2023, 09:29 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Podshell
Just curious that the viewing numbers have now increased as Justbe mentioned,is that now because bots are counted?(that's if they enter SF)

In the admin panel there's an option for Time-Out for Cookie:
Quote:
This is the time in seconds that a user must remain inactive before any unread posts are marked read. This setting also controls how long a user will remain on Who's Online after their last activity.

One of the users had asked me to extend this from 2 minutes to something longer. So I extended it to 50 minutes. From the description above this also affects the Who's Online numbers.

I'm gonna go ahead and re-enable Cloudflare. That should lower the numbers somewhat since it filters out anonymous users.
Old 25-10-2023, 09:42 AM
Master
When I open SF with Firefox the home page comes up, but if I try to open a thread, log in or in any way attempt to navigate the site I get this error:

"Request Header Fields Too Large

The server refused this request because the request header fields are too large."
Old 26-10-2023, 04:29 AM
Guide
This is caused when there are too many cookies being sent to the server. I added some JavaScript to the home page that should delete any cookies that are not being used. You could also try clearing your cookies for this site by following these steps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
When I open SF with Firefox the home page comes up, but if I try to open a thread, log in or in any way attempt to navigate the site I get this error:

"Request Header Fields Too Large

The server refused this request because the request header fields are too large."
Old 26-10-2023, 07:11 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by inspirit
This is caused when there are too many cookies being sent to the server. I added some JavaScript to the home page that should delete any cookies that are not being used. You could also try clearing your cookies for this site by following these steps.
Amazing!
Old 27-10-2023, 11:08 AM
Knower

I went to my profile page yesterday to update my age and everything was working fine. Today, when I click on the link under my profile, "Find all posts" I get a message: "Sorry, no matches." Nothing appears. Curious, I tried other users' profile pages to see if they worked, to see if clicking on their "Find all posts" link would show anything, and they all work fine but mine. Conspiracy?
Old 27-10-2023, 07:55 PM
Dude111

Hm I just tried

Find all posts by Found Goat
and
Find all threads started by Found Goat
and the list came up for both......
Old 03-11-2023, 11:12 AM
Master

This morning there was an outdated ssl certificate error