Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astrology

Old 07-07-2020, 10:31 PM
Newbie ;)

What do these things in my natal chart mean? (Trying to make sense of myself)

I am very interested in astrology, except I'm quite new at it and it is a little overwhelming. I have noticed a few things in my natal chart that I think might explain (partially) why I feel so conflicted, insecure and "alien" all the time and I was wondering if anyone could tell me a bit more about it.

I've got sun and moon in Capricorn (7th house) and my assendant opposite both, Cancer (1st house).

Another interesting thing I discovered, which I truly can't interpret with my basic knowledge, is that I've got my sun and moon (both Capricorn) square Saturn (Aries). I know that Capricorn is ruled by Saturn, so what does this somewhat negative aspect mean?

I know that a full chart is probably required to fully understand, but I'm just curious about these specific things.

Any thoughts are welcome!
Old 12-07-2020, 10:53 AM
Elfin

Hi Snowflake. I can't help I'm afraid as all these "houses" and such like I cannot comprehend lol.... It's all alien to me. I don't even know what they mean!... The extent of my knowledge is within star signs as and when people are born etc and the element signs which I'm quite good at. But anything else is beyond me. So actually I was neither use nor ornament lol... But probably just wanted to say Hi. I hope someone on here has further insight for you....
Old 12-07-2020, 12:17 PM
Legrand

Hello,

Maybe you could post your natal chart like this one, it is mine.

No need to give your date an hour of birth here this way.

I used the free software astro 123 to generate this picture:

Old 12-07-2020, 01:20 PM
lejonjus

Hey snowflake

Looks like Legrand can assist you with what you're asking.

I'm into astrology too and use it for personal timeline readings, planning dates/events, to know when new cycles start. If you want help with that let me know.
Old 12-07-2020, 08:10 PM
Master

Hi Snowflake22

I have hesitated to respond sooner because my experience of interpreting a natal chart is limited, and I would have to consult a book to see what these particular combinations might mean, which you can do for yourself.

But a couple of thoughts.

One approach to astrology considers the ascendant as the sign of the Soul and Soul purpose during this incarnation, while the Sun represents personality and the Moon the emotions. If your ascendant is opposite your Sun/Moon then this would create an interesting dynamic between your Soul and your personality/emotions.

The Moon can also represent an area of challenge, and your Moon is in your 7th house, the house of relationships. Capricorn as an earth sign relates to manifesting qualities on the physical plane. Which suggests that you may struggle emotionally in your relationships with others and finding concrete connection in your daily life.

Saturn can also represent another area of challenge in our charts. Aries is about new beginnings and the energy to initiate something new. Saturn in Aries might suggest a blockage in this area, although conversely a favourable Saturn might actually help the physical manifestation of new projects. (As I said, my experience of interpretation is limited).

However, Saturn being square to your Sun and Moon does indicate that things do not flow harmoniously in your personal and emotional life, especially in the area of relationships. All of which might explain why you feel so "conflicted, insecure and "alien" all the time."

But we are not bound by our chart. The chart indicates the influences at play, but we can always rise above them.

Others with more experience of interpreting a chart may correct any of the above.

Peace
Old 12-07-2020, 08:50 PM
Legrand

Nice interpretation Iamthat,

You are better than me. It's been 30 years I've pulled out my astro books.

I'm curious snowflake on how you feel about the interpretation of Iamthat?

Enjoy!
Old 12-07-2020, 08:51 PM
Knower
Hi snowflake22,

Astrology is an absolutley fascinating subject & I really wish more people would turn to it. I have been studying it for 8 years & I personally think I would be lost without it. You are more interested in gaining deeper insight of yourself in order to solve issues you aren't quite able to grasp fully but wish to resolve in order to reach your full potential & that is awesome!

I practice karmic astrology and focus solely on the karmic aspects in our natal charts as opposed to the personality of an individual with little emphasis on the karma we carry in this life. It is soul oriented and provides a much deeper understanding of ourselves & our purpose.

Saturn is the heart of the karma in our birth charts and based on the information you provided it sounds like the obstacles you are currently facing are related to identity. Since I dont have your exact birth info I used your bday on your profile as well the information you have provided so it may need to be adjusted somewhat.

The ascendant I am using is at 6 degrees in Cancer (yay for cancer ascendants!) Which positions the descendant (the 7th house) directly opposite at 6 degrees capricorn. You had said the sun was in the 7th house so I just took my best guess. :-P

The ascendant is our outer personality and the one we tend to project to the world as a means of protecting our true personality which is represented by the sun. This is how others tend to perceive us & it more than likely differs from our real identity unless the 2 are conjunct one another but that's irrelevant here.

The sun on the other hand is who we are at our core. It is our soul, our life force and it is the person we are learning to be this lifetime. The moon on the other hand tells us who we were in a past life and provides us with the instincts needed in order for our sun to succeed. The actions from our sun determine the reaction the moon will have.

When we are younger we are affected more by the moon sign and ascendant as we have yet to develop our own identity. Not to say that the Sun is not used, it most certainly is, it is who we identify with. I am a sagittarius sun with a moon directly oppositein gemini and a cancer ascendant. I can remember reading about my sun sign when I was a kid and being like "yep that's me for sure!" The people closest to me knew that but for the most part I would hide behind my ascendant & my moon called the shots. I was a shy insecure kid as well so that had part to do with it as I wasn't always comfortable acting on the impulses of my sun sign as I was unsure of how to express them.

As we enter adulthood we are more secure and our sun sign starts to become more dominate and the ascendant, while still used, isnt as necessary as we have built an identity we can relate with and feel at our best when we are able to identify with it. At 33 I do realize I still put on my mask (especially when going to the grocery store..hahaha, pandemic joke not intended) but seriously...I am able to relate to the higher vibration of a more evolved and always growing sagittarius sun instead of a lower vibrating ego centered perspective that I had in my early 20s. Have you ever been around an immature sag? They are the worst!

Anyways to get back on track, you are likely feeling the effects of saturns journey through capricorn that began new years 2018 (12/21/17 I believe) you are likely reacting to the effects of him passing through your sun & moon and still positioned in your 7th house.

Your natal saturn is 13 degrees aries which squares both your sun and moon as well as your ascendant. Your own saturn was directly affected by the same saturn transit I just mentioned. A square is arguably the most difficult aspect to work with but shows potential to be our greatest strengths. The key is getting all of the planets to cooperate with each other. They are all working towards the same goal but going about it in different ways which can cause a great deal of frustration. Your ascendant is also opposite your sun and moon which is difficult as well but personally I dont find it as rage inducing as the square. They belong to the same axis so there exists a likeness between one another that I have used in able to recognize when I am using one as opposed to the other. The conjunction between your sun and moon can be both a blessing and a curse. The energies of the two have a tendency to blend together making it difficult to know where one begins and the other ends. At the same time they are using the same energy and easily work in unison.

The fact that you feel conflicted, insecure & alien is actually a good thing! It shows you have awareness even if just subconsciously, that you have much greater potential and you are struggling to find a way to overcome those unpleasant feelings.

If my guess was anywhere close to being accurate, it would land your Aries Saturn in the 10th house - the house of career and destiny. Saturn rules the 10th house and is at home here, however He has a difficult time expressing himself in aries as it goes against his nature. Saturn is disciplined and patient, he is about serving justice and making us accountable for our actions no matter the cost. He is no nonsense and the ultimate authority. his goal is to teach us our lessons at all cost. In all honesty it is better to work with him as it is much less painful. In Aries his energy conflicts with the impulsive, impatient, act before you think nature of the sign. Having him in the 10th house in Aries is similar to a square. It can prove to be frustrating and challenging working with this combination but it is you & allows more room for creativity when learning to utilize it.

The first house - the ascendant is the house of self and is ruled by aries. Being in cancer it is also square your saturn. Cancer is the most detrimental sign for saturn so having all of that tension going on between those two alone it is no wonder you are feeling conflicted! However this tells me that you are relying too much on your outer personality and the instincts of your moon, which is no longer of benefit to you and you are feeling the pain of not having that sense of self that you once had. The answer you are looking for is in your Sun.

I would suggest you familiarize yourself with an in depth explanation of what the sun represents as well as the ascendant including the signs they are in. In doing so will help you better recognize which one is which so you will have a better idea of which one you are connecting with in the here and now. When you notice your ascendant is in control make a conscious effort to rewire that pattern of thinking to reflect that of the sun, however that makes sense to you.

Now regarding your moon, who is also in its detriment sign of capricorn. The moon regards our emotions and unconscious. It can also represents the relationship with our mothers as the sun does our fathers. In capricorn, the moon has a difficult time expressing emotions using the cold, structured and disciplined nature of the sign. The moon rules cancer so being in capricorn can cause you to dismiss emotional responses as being irrational or invalid as you likely have the instinctive reaction to repress them as they are uncomfortable and confusing.

This nice little trifecta you have going on is no doubt the cause of your pain and understandably so. Your afflicted moon is unsure of itself, it has a need to be recognized and healed. You feel uncertain with this moon, your disconnected and while deep down you may crave an intimate and meaningful relationship but because of how it is affected, you may be afraid, or feel guilty or weak or undeserving. Whatever the reason you dont know how to obtain it so the way you protect yourself is through avoidance. But both your sun AND moon are in the 7th house. That is very significant, through avoidance you are turning away from yourself essentially. Partnerships are crucial to you more than most. Repressing these emotions, you are unconsciously living through your ascendant in an attempt to feel connected since cancer is its home and all the moon really wants is for us to feel at home.

I hope you got something out of all that. I'm happy to help out anytime I can. I could go on for days regarding astrology but I have to stop somewhere. I know 1st hand the pain an afflicted moon can cause. It has been the source of my suffering my whole life but it is also my greatest strength. Anyways...yeah.
Old 12-07-2020, 08:58 PM
Legrand

Just wonderful Gemini!
Old 12-07-2020, 10:42 PM
Master
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowflake22
I am very interested in astrology, except I'm quite new at it and it is a little overwhelming. I have noticed a few things in my natal chart that I think might explain (partially) why I feel so conflicted, insecure and "alien" all the time and I was wondering if anyone could tell me a bit more about it.

I've got sun and moon in Capricorn (7th house) and my assendant opposite both, Cancer (1st house).

Another interesting thing I discovered, which I truly can't interpret with my basic knowledge, is that I've got my sun and moon (both Capricorn) square Saturn (Aries). I know that Capricorn is ruled by Saturn, so what does this somewhat negative aspect mean?

I know that a full chart is probably required to fully understand, but I'm just curious about these specific things.

Any thoughts are welcome!

Ignore the negative and embrace the positive aspects of your chart. Amen
Old 13-07-2020, 07:51 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini46
The ascendant is our outer personality and the one we tend to project to the world as a means of protecting our true personality which is represented by the sun. This is how others tend to perceive us & it more than likely differs from our real identity unless the 2 are conjunct one another but that's irrelevant here.

The sun on the other hand is who we are at our core. It is our soul, our life force and it is the person we are learning to be this lifetime. The moon on the other hand tells us who we were in a past life and provides us with the instincts needed in order for our sun to succeed. The actions from our sun determine the reaction the moon will have.

Interesting. I suggested that this was the other way round - i.e. the ascendant indicates Soul purpose and the Sun is our outer personality. This was based on Esoteric Astrology by Alice Bailey. There are various websites on esoteric astrology which follow the same convention. Out of curiosity, where does your information come from?

The following comes from Ruth Hadikin's website:

Your Soul Sign = The Rising Sign or Ascendant

The Rising Sign is your Soul Sign and the potential for your highest expression in this lifetime. It is the sign that was rising on the horizon at the exact time of your birth. It heralds the dawn of your life and is considered the most important sign in Soul Astrology!

Your Soul Sign indicates your innate spiritual essence. The essence of who you really are and the energy you have brought into the world, to contribute, in this lifetime. This will remain latent while you are identified with, and driven by, the needs of the personality. As long as you are driven by the needs of your personality signs, they will distract you from recognizing and aligning with your spiritual essence: your Soul.

Your Sun Sign

This is one half of your personality: the part that you are aware of because it is in the light. It is your ‘modus operandi’ (MO), your main way of perceiving the world and navigating your way through it.

Your Moon Sign

This is the other half of your personality. It is your shadow, or the side of your personality that is most difficult for you to see because it is in the dark. Until you do some personal and spiritual development, this will be your blind spot.

However, it is who you become in relationship. In terms of how you relate with, and experience others, emotionally your experience will be influenced largely by your Moon sign. It is your emotional world, and it is revealed to you through your relationships with others.

But I see that other sites attribute Soul and personality differently.

Peace