Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astrology

Old 24-07-2020, 08:08 AM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

Getting Started

Hi

I've recently been wanting to learn more about Astrology- for something so ubiquitous, I know precious little about it. And therein lies the problem- it's so ubiquitous, I can't tell the real from the fake. I figured doing my chart would make sense...except it doesn't! Again so many apps and sites.

Can anyone give me advice on trustworthy apps, websites, and books on beginning with all this?

Thank for reading

Myk
Old 24-07-2020, 07:43 PM
Master

Hi Myk

Yes, astrology is a vast and confusing subject when you first look into it.

I tend to use astrodienst.com. Much of it is free. Just register, enter your details and you get your chart and a limited interpretation. If you want a fuller interpretation then you have to subscribe. They also provide information on transits in your chart, with free interpretations one day per week.

As for understanding your chart, maybe begin with a simple understanding of each planet, sign and house and what they mean. And become familiar with the aspects between planets, which simply means how many degrees apart they are from each other. Some aspects are harmonious, other aspects may present challenges.

There are so many books on astrology that it is difficult to know what to recommend. Presumably there are books on Astrology for Beginners, which might be a good place to start. And maybe try to find a good reference book which goes through each planet in each sign and house. You don't have to read the whole thing - just look up whatever appears in your chart.

Once you have a grasp of the basics then you can look into astrology in more depth.

Peace
Old 24-07-2020, 08:24 PM
Master
Find a different 'entrance'. If you start with a chart you'll get overwhelmed.
Why not go for aspects of your horoscope first. Like where's your Moon, Venus, Mars, and look up what that means. Familiarise yourself with such things.
You can also look up that info of people you care about. Exes maybe. Sometimes it gives good insight in why certain things didn't work out.
Find some nice book, doesn't have to be a tome. I got a basic astrology guide. Nice for quick reference.
A thin A5 book called "Love on a Rotten Day: An Astrological Survival Guide to Romance" that's utterly hilarious but the astrologer who wrote it is brilliant. You cannot write a silly book without knowing all the ins & outs.
It has tables too on Venus, Moon, Mars so you can look that up, and then read in the book what it means.

That's a fun and easy way to get to understanding it all a bit more.
I've been busy with astrology for over 30 yrs, but I don't read charts. I don't need to be an expert. But I know enough to make it useful.
Old 26-07-2020, 09:42 AM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

Thanks for your help- all advice duly noted and taken onboard

Thanks again