Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astrology

Old 14-07-2020, 01:55 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Interesting. I suggested that this was the other way round - i.e. the ascendant indicates Soul purpose and the Sun is our outer personality. This was based on Esoteric Astrology by Alice Bailey. There are various websites on esoteric astrology which follow the same convention. Out of curiosity, where does your information come from?

The following comes from Ruth Hadikin's website:

Your Soul Sign = The Rising Sign or Ascendant

The Rising Sign is your Soul Sign and the potential for your highest expression in this lifetime. It is the sign that was rising on the horizon at the exact time of your birth. It heralds the dawn of your life and is considered the most important sign in Soul Astrology!

Your Soul Sign indicates your innate spiritual essence. The essence of who you really are and the energy you have brought into the world, to contribute, in this lifetime. This will remain latent while you are identified with, and driven by, the needs of the personality. As long as you are driven by the needs of your personality signs, they will distract you from recognizing and aligning with your spiritual essence: your Soul.

Your Sun Sign

This is one half of your personality: the part that you are aware of because it is in the light. It is your ‘modus operandi’ (MO), your main way of perceiving the world and navigating your way through it.

Your Moon Sign

This is the other half of your personality. It is your shadow, or the side of your personality that is most difficult for you to see because it is in the dark. Until you do some personal and spiritual development, this will be your blind spot.

However, it is who you become in relationship. In terms of how you relate with, and experience others, emotionally your experience will be influenced largely by your Moon sign. It is your emotional world, and it is revealed to you through your relationships with others.

But I see that other sites attribute Soul and personality differently.

Peace

I have never heard that anywhere before in the 8 years I have been studying astrology, although i havent done much reading into esoteric astrology. From what I have read it follows a completely different structure than the one I am familiar with. Or there are people that just make up their own meanings and follow that instead to make themself feel important maybe, or both. Either way I didnt find much interest in it and prefer the more tried and true method as it makes sense from what I have seen in my own life as well as that of others over the years. But that is just me.
Old 14-07-2020, 08:42 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini46
I have never heard that anywhere before in the 8 years I have been studying astrology, although i havent done much reading into esoteric astrology. From what I have read it follows a completely different structure than the one I am familiar with. Or there are people that just make up their own meanings and follow that instead to make themself feel important maybe, or both. Either way I didnt find much interest in it and prefer the more tried and true method as it makes sense from what I have seen in my own life as well as that of others over the years. But that is just me.

Conventional astrology tends to be concerned with the personality and the influences acting upon it through the planets. Esoteric astrology is more focused on the journey of the Soul and its expression through the personality.

There are various differences between the two approaches. For example, conventional astrology has a traditional set of rulers for each sign. Esoteric astrology recognises this but also ascribes different rulers for the individual who is on the spiritual path. This adds a whole new dimension to astrology.

Esoteric astrology also considers the influence of the Seven Rays which govern the various signs and planets. Again, this adds a new dimension to our understanding.

I don't think it is about people making up their own meanings to feel self-important. It is more about seeing astrology in a larger context. The esoteric astrologers I am familiar with, such as William Meader and Phillip Lindsay, are very knowledgeable astrologers.

Peace
Old 18-07-2020, 09:57 PM
Newbie ;)

Sounds like you have a T-square going on in your chart - which takes some juggling to balance out the intensity of the energies.

What do you have opposite saturn in aries? Any planet in libra/scorpio on the IC?

With saturn in aries near your MC this will be a major focusing energy - excellent as youre a cap sun!

I dont see square aspect as negative - moreso they show an abundance of energy and work generated and require much focus by the native throughout their life. We work hard where we have square aspects....and this work can bring great rewards,

‘Pleasant’ trines/sextiles etc are ‘easy available energy’ and the downside to them is that because this energy is soooo easy for the native to generate its taken for granted and hardly used while the squares and oppositions rule the life, as they cause more noticeable ‘activity’ in life, because they demand so much more energy from the native.

With a T-square aspect pattern the ‘trick’ to releasing and balancing those energies generated by 2 square aspects and an opposition is to look to the opposite place of the ‘apex’ of that T-square - for you that would be your IC libra/scorpio. This is the most ‘personal’ part of the chart, the inner you.
Do you have planets there in those signs in house3/4?

(Easier if you posted your chart with birth time/place annonymised)

Libra and scorpio signs will help balance out your asc/ma saturn/dc sun moon T-square - so venus....where’s that in your chart? Wheres mars/pluto? Going deep down the rabbit hole of enquiry into life will be your personal ‘balancer’ for your ‘outer life tense T-square’ experiences. These experiences will also cause you naturally to enquire deeply (scorpio) into what makes you and others ‘tick’.

Replying to other responses - i dont study ‘esoteric’ astrology and give different meanings to all the placements - the esoteric is evident within the ‘standard model interpretation’ - that being house 8 and 12. Karmic patterns chiron will show.
The AC is the ‘mask’ we wear in this world - the lower/mid-ego persona - i would never ever interpret that position as ‘soul personality’. The sun is our ‘truer identity’.
I now see an astrology chart as an indicative blueprint colouring of the entire consciousness of the being. Its strengths/weaknesses, the lower/mid/higher ego’s aswell as soil essence - theyre all blended in there. The whole chart is the flavour quintessentially of the ‘soul’. The MC shows the direction in this life that soul should follow.

I’ve studied various forms of astrology , some more than others, but essentially traditional approach yields the most insight imo and is more accurate.

However, as mentioned, ultimately we need to ‘transcend our wheel’ - and we do that by ‘perfecting ourselves’ balancing all the energies within the chart, so we operate like a swiss watch than a imbalanced wheel missing a few spokes ;-)