Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 12-03-2022, 10:00 PM
Master
Garlic, superfood, hair loss

Someone shared something with these words "Thanks to the garlic's antibacterial properties, it can inhibit the growth of bacteria responsible for hair loss"

Does anyone use garlic in this sense?

Irrespective of this, garlic has been a good superfood and I appreciate how nutritious it is
Old 13-03-2022, 07:54 AM
Ascender
No but it's good, especially with parsley and olive oil

One other cause of hair loss can be not washing your hair after working out.
If favors the development of those bacteria.
Old 13-03-2022, 07:56 AM
Master
I use huge amounts of Garlics, Onions, Tumeric, Ginger, etc. but I never tried anything for hair loss. I just like these items.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 13-03-2022, 01:51 PM
Ascender

The two big nutrients for reversing hair loss that I know of are biotin and iron. People who are deficient in iron due to anemia or other causes are prone to hair loss. Biotin can help your hair grow too. I've used it and it does help with hair growth.

I've not heard of garlic for hair loss. However, if you suffer from a yeast overgrowth or that painful bacterial infection called folliculitis of the scalp, I can see garlic being helpful. But I personally would use a shampoo with tea tree and rosemary oil instead. Those smell better, lol.

Garlic contains a lot of sulfur which is antibacterial and interestingly enough can encourage hair growth. The supplement MSM (methylsulfonylmethane) contains sulfur and is traditionally used for arthritic pain, and has been purported to help in hair growth. I think MSM is a more concentrated form of sulfur too. The funny thing about garlic, if you eat enough of it or take garlic supplements, the garlic smell starts coming out through the pores of your skin. People can smell the garlic on you.
Old 13-03-2022, 03:09 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillaume
No but it's good, especially with parsley and olive oil.

I love olive oil
Old 13-03-2022, 03:09 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
I use huge amounts of Garlics, Onions, Tumeric, Ginger, etc. but I never tried anything for hair loss. I just like these items.

I like these items too
Old 13-03-2022, 03:10 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler
People who are deficient in iron due to anemia or other causes are prone to hair loss

Thank you for that needed reminder
Old 13-03-2022, 09:34 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn

What you need to look into for hair loss boils down to - what are you eating or supplementing with that blocks DHT (dihydrotestosterone)? I'll say this - before you start blocking DHT - just lose your hair because "problems" can get worse.
"You have to work really hard, and you have to be prepared to fail over and over again, and to make mistakes over and over again ... we have to experiment with every stupid wrong idea before we get on to the right one."
Dr Lee Smolin
"It isn't that they can't see the solution, it's that they can't see the problem."
G. K. Chesterton (1874 - 1936)
Old 14-03-2022, 06:28 AM
Master
"A multitude of medical studies confirm that garlic in several forms can reduce cholesterol"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...-medicine.html