Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Quotes & Stories

Old 24-03-2021, 04:47 AM
Master

Quotes on Virtue and Virtuous conduct

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost. ~ Buddha (AN10.1)

When even one virtue becomes our nature, the mind becomes clean and tranquil. Then there is no need to practice meditation; we will automatically be meditating always. ~ Swami Satchidananda

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the mind. ~ Rajini Menon

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon
Old 24-03-2021, 05:06 AM
Master

What is the meaning of "virtue" in the above quotes?
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 24-03-2021, 05:28 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
What is the meaning of "virtue" in the above quotes?
Hi Inavalan,

You can refer to this thread in this regard ( on Rajini Menon attaining enlightenment through virtuous conduct.)

https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/s...d.php?t=129341

Please post in the above thread any questions you may have, so that the quote thread is not derailed.

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon

Last edited by ajay00 : 24-03-2021 at 07:38 AM.
Old 26-03-2021, 05:25 AM
Experiencer

If I tell you that I would be disobeying the god and on that account it is impossible for me to keep quiet, you won’t be persuaded by me, taking it that I am ironizing. And if I tell you that it is the greatest good for a human being to have discussions every day about virtue and the other things you hear me talking about, examining myself and others, and that the unexamined life is not livable for a human being, you will be even less persuaded.

Socrates
My words of wisdom: Every civilization wishes to serve the Deity, but they can only do so to the extent of their wisdom and justice. & The greatest religious revelation is the correct interpretation of the things in the sky.
Old 27-03-2021, 11:22 AM
Master

Truth, as it exists in all the world, is of thirteen kinds. The forms that Truth assumes are impartiality, self-control, forgiveness, modesty, endurance, goodness , renunciation, contemplation, dignity, fortitude, compassion and abstention from injury. ~ Mahabharatha

Sincerity and Truth are the basis of every virtue. ~ Confucius.

I would rather be the author of one original thought than conqueror of a hundred battles. Yet moral excellence is so much superior to intellectual, that I ought to esteem one virtue more valuable than a hundred original thoughts. ~ William Benton Clulow

Old 31-03-2021, 05:23 AM
Master

For the learning of every virtue there is an appropriate discipline, and for the learning of suspended judgment the best discipline is philosophy. ~ Bertrand Russell

I need to be a mother to my mind, teaching it to think the right kind of thoughts. Even when everything is going well, I need to train the mind. Taking one positive thought every day and spending time with it brings good results. This training makes the mind obedient at the time of need and allows me to be positive even in the most negative situations. ~ Dadi Janki ( Prajapita Brahmakumaris)

Old 31-03-2021, 06:51 AM
Seeker
"Truthfulness alone is the spiritual discipline in Kali Yuga" - Ramakrishna
Old 09-04-2021, 09:29 AM
Master

Truthfulness means to speak the truth in a pleasing way, as declared by great sages. ~ Krishna ( Uddhava Gita)

Good manners without sincerity are like a beautiful dead lady. Straightforwardness without civility is like a surgeon’s knife, effective but unpleasant. Candor with courtesy is helpful and admirable. ~ Paramahansa Yogananda

There is a bond between love and words of sweetness. ~ Guru Nanak

Happy is the man whom the Muses love: sweet speech flows from his mouth. ~ Hesiod

Old 05-05-2021, 07:07 AM
Master

Desires slay patience. ~ Vidura (Mahabharatha)

If you have patience, then you'll also have love. Patience leads to love. ~ Mata Amritanandamayi

Patience leads to love. If you forcefully open the petals of a bud, you won't be able to enjoy its beauty and fragrance. Only when it blossoms by following its natural course, will the beauty and fragrance of a flower unfold. ~ Mata Amritanandamayi

Patience is all the strength that a person needs. ~ Sai Baba

Our patience will achieve more than our force. ~ Edmund Burke

Patience is not the ability to wait, but the ability to keep a good attitude while waiting. ~ Joyce Meyer

Patience is a form of wisdom. It demonstrates that we understand the fact that sometimes things must unfold in their own time. ~ Jon Kabat Zinn

Old 01-07-2021, 05:24 AM
Master

Feel grateful for your very existence and all that you have received. This will bring you a flood of prosperity and happiness. ~ Sri Sri Ravi Shankar

Acknowledging the good that you already have in your life is the foundation for all abundance. ~ Eckhart Tolle

For anything that has happened or not happened, feel grateful, thankful and happy about it. ~ Sri Sri Ravi Shankar

Your mantra is thank you. Just keep saying thank you. Don't explain. Don't complain. Just say thank you. Say thank you to Existence. ~ Mooji

Take every opportunity to celebrate, then you feel great and full - grateful. Celebration reminds you of the fullness of the moment. ~ Sri Sri Ravi Shankar

Gratitude is an essential part of being present. When you go deeply into the present, gratitude arises spontaneously. ~ Eckhart Tolle