Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 02-06-2015, 05:13 AM
Melainee

Light Headedness when Opening Crown Chakra and General Difficulties

I have no idea really where to start as for the longest time I've kept to myself. I find the amount of information available on the internet really overwhelming and so have tried to avoid gorging myself on it and instead focused on fundamentals. Unfortunately, with this comes a lack of knowledge about what I'm sure other's would consider rather basic things. I've decided that I'll ask for help, because in the end that's really all I can do. The truth is I'm at a complete loss at the moment, at a block, and I have a gut feeling that I'm holding myself back for some reason. I think I'm scared of the unknown and whenever I feel like I'm about to make a huge spiritual leap I pull myself back.

From my experiences so far whenever I begin to do anything spiritual I sense a slight shift mentally. Reality blurs a bit and while this means I can experience things, afterwards I'm left feeling off-kilter. This I can deal with, but what I'm struggling with is unexpected surges of energy and emotion. I don't know if that stems from emotion issues or spiritual ones. Quite a few times I'm felt a swell of incredible energy and emotion that pools in my heart chakra. It builds and builds and then stops. Once or twice this has lead to me feeling like I'm going to leave my body and astral project, but mostly I just move a cr*p-tonne of energy around my body before pushing it out through my hands.

It's really frustrating because I feel completely inept at doing basic things. I tried opening all my chakras because I thought maybe the reason I was getting so much sensation in my heart chakra was because it was blocked. I started at my crown, just sensing it first, trying to locate it before allowing it to slowly activate. That started fine, but when this great big crashing wave of dizziness and light headedness came over me and I had to stop.

I'd really like any advice from people who've had similar problems or just their own difficulties. Does anyone have any idea what's going on for me, because I'm completely lost. Thanks so much.
Old 02-06-2015, 11:35 AM
Master
I'll take a stab at it, but I hope others will take the time to add to it.

From your description it sounds to me like you have so much potential waiting to be allowed to bloom, but your apprehension keeps it controlled. We also require a little of that childhood sense of exploration and wonder at what is new and foreign to us, if there is that, each time we encounter something that makes us anxious and we stop, there is always the need to go back and explore again.

Then, there is the issue of self confidence, in these matters, at the beginning, before we have obtained our own experience history, much of it comes from knowledge. Where do we get knowledge? from reading of other peoples' experiences who have taken the time to write it down.
Trust yourself, allow the inner you to guide you, not the loud unsure self that we hear first and stops us from progress, but the more timid self that wants and needs expression also.

Light headedness is normal for crown and third eye chakra activity for me. If you saw a list of the crazy symptoms I deal with you might feel better about yours. :)
Old 02-06-2015, 11:00 PM
Ascender
Interesting. There's others who experience something similar.
Old 03-06-2015, 11:29 PM
Pathfinder

Hi Melainee.

I think it is a good sign that you are at a loss and are completely lost. Not knowing where you are is actually knowing where you are (sorry to be cryptic). You are at exactly the right place.

Seeing where you are, and the apparent 'ripeness of your symptoms,' you may enjoy this site; a couple of his meditations and his remote video shaktipat really opened me up: (cannot post link as I have not made enough posts here. It is lovebliss.eu).

With best wishes,
Old 04-06-2015, 09:57 AM
Master
When you start opening chakras, do NOT start at the crown. Start with the foundation, the root chakra, then work your way up.
From the problems you're describing, I think you may find that your first three chakras aren't working well, aren't opened and/or partially blocked still.
I would advice you work on those three first. This usually takes quite some time, as they really are the very foundation of your being: feeling safe, secure, confident, from which the ability can come to create etc.
Look at Maslow's hierarchy of needs, you can find it online (Google Images).
The bottom tiers basically equal the lower chakras. Plus, if you understand how Maslow's hierarchy works, you will understand how the chakra system works. You can't start at the top ... you got to work you way up from the bottom.

Many ppl have their higher chakras (partially) opened, and never check or work with the lower ones. But you need the foundation to be able to do 'higher' energy work, otherwise you're not stable on your feet so to speak. Like building a skyscraper without proper foundation: it will collapse.

From what you describe your foundation isn't strong enough to carry the heavier top, so you get dizzy, uncomfy etc.

You speak of a 'gut feeling' ... lower chakras ARE in your gut, so your intuition is right. Also holding yourself back has to do with the lower 3 chakras, which would indicate a fear to present yourself, to act, to manifest, feel confident enough etc etc, those kind of things. And those are all ... to do with the first 3 chakras.

So my advice really would be to forget about wanting to do energy work, or whatever it is you want to do, and work on your foundation. Take your time for that as well. Don't try to rush or force the process along. Most ppl forget this step, and it is SO important! You will benefit greatly when you invest the time in it and then you'll be happy you took the time, even though it may not be what you want. But unfortunately what we want and what we need are not always the same, lol.

Good luck!
Old 08-06-2015, 07:12 PM
Guide
Grounding, grounding, grounding.

In electronics, we ground circuits in order to protect them from surges of energy.

In our bodies we do the same.

Funny how similar things can be, isn't it?

grounding ourselves allows us to increase heart energy safely (as well as increasing higher chakras)
I turned to look but it was gone
I cannot put my finger on it now
The child is grown
The dream is gone
I have become comfortably numb.". - Pink Floyd

You'll find me here, in the back seat, just taking it all in
Old 09-06-2015, 06:17 PM
Master
FairyCrystal and the back seat have hit the nail on the head so to speak.
I have opened my third eye first by accident and was ungrounded it was a 2 week nightmare.
Hope you listen to there advice as crown chakra i think should be opened last.
Good luck
Old 10-06-2015, 07:47 AM
Deactivated Account

What FairyCrystal said, work on the lower chakras first, and stay grounded.
Old 10-06-2015, 11:15 AM
Master
Not sure what the fascination is with chakras. I would say, work on your virtues and all will take care of themselves.
It is natural to feel light headed with an open crown. It is the connection to your higher self. If is not difficult to run some energy into the earth and pull it up again. Very cooling and grounding if needed.