Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 10-10-2011, 01:34 AM
Master
The trouble with Sai Baba calling himself God.

Is that one can start assuming that God prefers India over every other country. That God Himself is in fact Indian and has Indian customs and sees things in a Hindu way.

When Sai Baba was alive he used to ARRANGE marriages. That is an Indian custom. So what does that tell us? That God prefers arranged marriages? That Indian customs are more holy than other customs?

Sai Baba displayed many characteristics of an Indian man. He saw things in a Hindu way and abided by Indian behaviour. So that implies that God feels closer to India than any other nation.

That is NOT fair. That is why one should not fall prey to calling oneself God HIMSELF. As Baba did.

All the poor other people and other countries who were not included in Babas love and attention must have felt left out. By God himself.

It is a great act of Egotism to call oneself God.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 10-10-2011, 02:41 AM
Guide
Dear Honza,

I am very far of being a Sai Baba's fan, he never moved me but, in my understanding, he used to say that God was everyone of us. Here are a couple quotes referring to God:

"God, if you think, God you are. Dust if you think, dust you are. As you think, so you become. Think God, be God."

"See God in everyone you meet;
See God in everything you handle;
Live together;
Revere each other;
Let not the seeds of envy and hate grow and choke
The clear stream of love."

"God can be addressed by any name that taste sweet to your tongue or pictured in any form that appeals to your sense of wonder and awe.
God designed in different faiths adored by different human communities are all limbs of the One God that really is.
God does not live in structures of stone or brick. He lives in soft hearts warm with sympathy and fragrant with universal love.
God has no forms, no limbs, no qualities, no preferences, no prejudices.
God has no beginning and no end. "

My personal position is neither embracing any doctrine nor following any leader in particular, including Baba. Instead of that, I take what resonates within me of each one. I think that no being has a privileged position concerning spiritual development.

Love and Light,

TISS
Old 10-10-2011, 02:51 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiss
I think that no being has a privileged position concerning spiritual development.

I would agree. Which is why I get annoyed at Baba. Because he implied that he did have a priveleged position concerning EVERYTHING. Because he was God.

I understand that we are all God. But there is a difference between saying I AM GOD and i am god.....if you see what I mean?

He literally said he was the highest one can be.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 10-10-2011, 02:53 AM
Master
Well presented and well said, thanks TISS.
Old 10-10-2011, 03:05 AM
Guide
I agree Honza,

When someone says "I am the highest" or "I am the best"...or "I became enlightened"... well... seems there is still a looooong way to walk...

Thanks psycho! I am pleased that you liked my post.

TISS
Old 10-10-2011, 03:50 AM
Master
I didn't know Sathya Sai Baba was sustaining our existence...and I didn't know I was sustaining my own existence.

If I were God why can't I determine the time or day that I leave my body and exhale that last bit of breath?

If Sai Baba knew anything about this religion he would know that the Great Yogis do NOT see themselves as God. Not Yogananda, not Ramakrishna. None of them. They saw themselves as children of God or "divine" when reaching a certain point.

Breath is connected to spirit, the great masters have control over breath and decay in the body but even they say by karmic compulsion (A law of God) they will need to leave their body no matter what.

Man and God may be one in "nature". But in person....No. Because I am not sustaining anything. If that is the case I hope some people will start saying I pray to Amilius777 sometimes, or so and so. I can't wait for that
Old 10-10-2011, 07:56 AM
Skins_Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Is that one can start assuming that God prefers India over every other country. That God Himself is in fact Indian and has Indian customs and sees things in a Hindu way.

When Sai Baba was alive he used to ARRANGE marriages. That is an Indian custom. So what does that tell us? That God prefers arranged marriages? That Indian customs are more holy than other customs?

Sai Baba displayed many characteristics of an Indian man. He saw things in a Hindu way and abided by Indian behaviour. So that implies that God feels closer to India than any other nation.

That is NOT fair. That is why one should not fall prey to calling oneself God HIMSELF. As Baba did.

All the poor other people and other countries who were not included in Babas love and attention must have felt left out. By God himself.

It is a great act of Egotism to call oneself God.

I don't think the universal god/mother nature prefers one country, race, sexuality, creed, etc over another. However when you get into minor gods and goddesses that are faucets and splinters of the main god than perhaps there's some nationality bias, but most of that is just human based IMO. Because if you look at the Hindu dieties for example most of them are always in ancient Indian garb with Indian features, and then you have celtic, Norse, Egyptians, etc gods and goddesses. And yes, technically Jesus is supposed to be a Middle Eastern Jew with darker skin but since the middle ages Europeans have been creating him in their own image for comfort and thus it continued into America. And they also say Jews are God's chosen people but that is the Christian god, who is technically not Jesus, but often times is confused to be it.
Old 10-10-2011, 10:02 AM
mattie

ALL Religions Seem To Own God!

Virtually all organized religions seem to have God favoring THEIR particular religion.
Old 10-10-2011, 11:17 AM
slave of Allaah

The trouble with sai baba was not his prefering indian culture. The trouble with sai baba is that he claimed himself as a god.

There is no god but God/Allah.

And your Lord creates whatsoever He wills and chooses, no choice have they (in any matter). Glorified is Allâh, and exalted above all that they associate. (68) [Quran: Ch.28]

sai baba had no choice in his appearance. He had to be less than many people in beauty.

Beauty is God's, He enlighten therewith whom He wills.

And if Allâh were to enlarge the provision for His slaves, they would surely rebel in the earth, but He sends down by measure as He wills. Verily! He is in respect of His slaves, the Well-Aware, the All-Seer. (27) [Quran: Ch.42]
Old 10-10-2011, 12:31 PM
Krishna-prem

Hey Slave,

Please stop proselytizing. Most of us are highly educated about Islam and know your and Islam's point of view on things. This is a Hindu subforum. If we wanted to talk Islam then we would do so but as you can see most of us here on this subforum are interested in talking about Hinduism.

Please either respectfully participate in dialog or leave us in peace.