Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 03-03-2011, 08:19 PM
Master

Getting uncomfortable lying on my back

Hi all
What do you do when you are trying to AP? I am lying on my back waiting to AP. I have been on my back for a while without moving and my body starts to feel more and more uncomfortable. Do you persevere with just lying there, move around and start again or forget about trying to AP?
Old 03-03-2011, 10:06 PM
Simon Karlos

Hi Suzy.

To persevere in an uncomfortable situation would be unwise, whereas making a decision to feel better in the moment would be the path of least resistance. Moving around and shifting to a new position could be beneficial, if it isn't coming from a place of irritation and annoyment, but rather confidence. In terms of the best management of one's energy, forgetting about trying to astral project and getting up and doing something that would feel better is a great idea.

Feeling discomfort simply means, "I am not in alignment with the vibration of what I want to achieve, nor the energy of my Higher Self." It's just feedback from the Inner Being, so that we can let go of some resistance and gradually feel better. Just some reminders. You know these things.

Best Wishes, my friend
Kar
Old 04-03-2011, 02:36 AM
Experiencer

well, i've had probably more projections when I was actually lying on my side. So for me, I just roll over and get comfy. Sometimes if I'm too tired I fall asleep and once in a great while I am successful. Usually not if I get frustrated trying or if I am uncomfortable.
Old 04-03-2011, 09:42 PM
Master

That is sensible advice Simon. Next time when I start to get really uncomfortable I will get up for a while and start again.
Selenphina I often fall asleep when I am lying on my side.
Old 04-03-2011, 10:44 PM
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by astralsuzy
Hi all
What do you do when you are trying to AP? I am lying on my back waiting to AP. I have been on my back for a while without moving and my body starts to feel more and more uncomfortable. Do you persevere with just lying there, move around and start again or forget about trying to AP?

Hello

There is a name for that I have put here some information that might help some.

Torso Energy Surge:

The Torso Energy Surge is a surge of energy located in the torso area of the body. This surge can flow down into the legs but mostly its centered in at lower back area ( Pelvis area ) and the abdomen.

It can feel like a sensation of dropping suddenly. Like when one steps unexpectedly in a dip along a path.

This sensation most often happens when one is laying on one’s back and when one is in a state of almost drifting off to sleep. One is trying simply NOT to enter that sleep state.

What causes this surge ? It is thought that its an emotionally triggered that arises from the Heart Charka Centre. That is the centre where one leaves the body, so it is thought that the energy levels might well double in intensity as one readies to leave the physical body. This often gives one the need to grab onto something, often it be the sides of one’s bed.

What are the feelings one can have ? The first one is of course a feeling for being startled or of fear. It can leave one in search of one’s next breath in. This reaction most times is strong enough to take one from that relaxed state of being into one of full consciousness. As the body reacts often adrenalin is released and one’s heart will start to race. It can be at times a feeling of excitement in a shocking positive way like in finding one has won something. To others the feeling is that of being on a Coaster going up and down the hills and valleys. It can too bring on a feeling of an up set tummy.

A bit more uncommon but too all possible is sexual arousal, as there is a major Charka located there in the Sacral. It is caused by a sudden upwards surge of energy that travels through the genital regions and up into the abdomen and heart regions. This state of arousal , like the sudden drop effect , will bring one to break that state of being relaxed and ready to exit the body.

The most common position that brings on these issues is being prone flat on one’s back. The best way is to try on several positions and see what one’s might well work. One position is laying on one’s side, many find the Left heart side works better. The other is to prop SEMI upright. Also not to be overly comfortable but in a position that one can relax in. If one is too comfortable its too easy to drift into sleep.

How to move past this. Well the first thing is patients as it takes time, trust and practice. I like to say “ Rome was not built in a day .” It is too learning to trust the body and understand the feelings in the body zones or Charka’s. Finding a position that works well. Understanding the fear triggers and finding maybe a visual image to think on to move past them. The best way for Astral to work is through mediations and not being in a state of the body wanting to sleep. Try a projection on first waking states. Where the body has rested and the mind is calmer.

Lynn

Old 05-03-2011, 04:25 AM
Master

Hi Lynn, thanks for the information. I will lie on my back and when that gets too uncomfortable I will put pillows behind my back so I am half sitting up. When that starts to get uncomfortable I will lie down again. I know I just have to persevere with this. I know I can AP. It is frustrating. Once I get passed this step it will be great.
Old 05-03-2011, 04:55 AM
Master

There is another thread I just read about the urge to move. It suggest to just keep lying there until the urge to move stops. Next time it happens I will say to myself I am feeling more and more comfortable. I will talk myself out of feeling uncomfortable. I will let you know how it goes.
Old 05-03-2011, 05:19 AM
moondreamer

I always lie on my side, and that works just fine. Try other positions, but do whatever works best for you.
Old 05-03-2011, 06:16 AM
Master

Hi moondreamer, I always fall asleep lying on my side. I prefer that position as it is comfortable. I find it harder to falling asleep when I am lying on my back.
Old 05-03-2011, 06:37 AM
Simon Karlos

Hi Suzy. Do you have an account at DreamViews.com? It's an awesome website that I recently found, not only about dreams/lucid dreams/OBEs, but exploring the nature of consciousness and Spirit.

Cheers