Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 26-03-2016, 04:25 PM
Master
Thanks Linen for your advice! I have 16 days nicotine free now and while the cravings are gone, I still occasionally want to smoke. I hope this passes as each day goes by. I do deep breathing techniques as well as meditate and divert focus to my inner Silence and Awareness when this happens. That helps immensely and I get to hold space for the thoughts of smoking as long as it needs to until it goes away. :)

♬ ♫ ♪ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtnJUS30olE ♪ ♫ ♬
Old 26-03-2016, 09:03 PM
Master

You are very fortunate. Some people can quit with very little difficulty. And then there are people like me

Keep up the good work.
Old 26-03-2016, 09:10 PM
Master
It's easy when I don't have stress. The real challenge is when something stressful arise... I hope I can stay on the path if that happens! I'm good at quitting, it's staying the course that can be troublesome. >_<

Old 27-03-2016, 12:40 PM
Suspended
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mused
I'm thinking that if I love myself ... I can make healthier choices for my wellbeing in the long run rather than just go for the instant gratification. The only thing im addicted to is coca cola and its such a hard habit to kick sigh

I have a tendency to drink too much coffee so after my second cup I'll substitute with 1/8th teaspoon of powdered ginger covered with boiling water. Dysfunctional gallbladders may want to avoid it a site suggested.
Old 27-03-2016, 12:51 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imzadi
It used to be like this...

Old 27-03-2016, 01:16 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imzadi
I've been trying to work on writing things that are concise and to the point. It's difficult because my natural tendency is to ramble on and on. And now that I've discovered how to post pictures...

Haha! Well, I too have a habit of rambling at times...I have good intentions of attempting to post in concise/to the point manner, but I often find myself failing at such and ramble on....sometimes I wonder if my posts make any sense at times, LOL...They certainly make sense to me soooo....

Old 28-03-2016, 06:21 PM
Master
Here's an update:

On my 34th day no alkie, and 19th day no ciggies! Feeling slightly cranky and a bit voluptuous (been eating more to compensate for the oral fixation I got from ciggies), but otherwise good! I need to get those rock hard abs back before vacay! =D

Old 28-03-2016, 10:54 PM
Master
A social justice reason to give up Coke http://www.pbs.org/now/transcript/transcript_shiva.html
Old 31-03-2016, 09:26 AM
Guide

^ haha thank ew
Been replacing coke with coconut water more recently
its probably the temperature too... Hate room temperature drinks lolie
Maybe anything ice cold would work
Old 31-03-2016, 09:50 AM
Suspended

I hardly drink sodas...It's very rare I consume them...I mostly drink water, unsweetened teas (hot/cold), and coffee with minimal cream/sugar...I think I've said this before but I also stay away from artificial sweeteners...I can't stand the taste and I think it's absolute poison...