Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 25-02-2012, 04:31 PM
Mayflow

Spirituality and Nutrition

I've been think about this for a while and while I think Spirituality and learning and understanding such is a most wonderful thing, I also think that understanding how the physical works is important as well.

What we put in our bodies and how we use are bodies has a lot of effect on how healthy we stay for how long and how good or bad we feel. I don't see them (our bodies) as some sort of goals to achieve as eventually they will be scattered into stardust and such - but we still can learn on the Spirit level from them and keeping them healthier for a longer time seems pretty useful to me.

This seems to me to mean that I consider the Spirit as the beginning and the end, and I suppose everything in between as well, and I see the physical as being a Spiritual playground for us to use to enjoy and learn stuff.
Old 26-02-2012, 05:11 AM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayflow
I've been think about this for a while and while I think Spirituality and learning and understanding such is a most wonderful thing, I also think that understanding how the physical works is important as well.

Absolutely! I'm thinking that the soul purpose of our being here is to study the idiosyncrasies of being human... of being conscious in an animal-based form..
And this vehicle we're now centered-within is perhaps the most important element we have, as both a tool in this regard, as well as a method of
clean integration and participation. This instrument is amazing... it's balancing trillions of minute processes, from individual cell placement and
continuous replication, to the overview of organ functions in harmony with gut flora and complex external variables... were we to fully reflect for a second
upon the genius of what's going on within each of us at any given moment we would drop to our knees in awe of this most intriguing and comprehensive symphony...

Sometimes we can try too hard and look far afield for imaginative things beyond immediate reach... and thus ignore what's beneath our very nose... it's clear this is
what often happens when we're thinking in "spiritual" terms... to ignore our body in relation to it's integration with nature, is to miss the very boat we sailed in on... :^)
Old 26-02-2012, 10:23 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayflow

What we put in our bodies and how we use are bodies has a lot of effect on how healthy we stay for how long and how good or bad we feel. I don't see them (our bodies) as some sort of goals to achieve as eventually they will be scattered into stardust and such - but we still can learn on the Spirit level from them and keeping them healthier for a longer time seems pretty useful to me.

This seems to me to mean that I consider the Spirit as the beginning and the end, and I suppose everything in between as well, and I see the physical as being a Spiritual playground for us to use to enjoy and learn stuff.

A fine idea for a thread!

Spirituality and nutrition. One word - veganism!

Fruit, especially berries, nuts and seeds, contain the life force and help to raise the spiritual vibrations of the body.

When it comes to this issue, over the years, I have learnt one thing above all else - the need for patience!
Though it pains me greatly that so many here and in the wider world fail to see the contradiction in terms of purporting to lead a spiritual life yet still partaking of foods obtained through cruelty, suffering and slaughter.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 26-02-2012, 02:20 PM
DebbyM

No surprise that I'm in agreement with you all, and particularly Knightofalbion's remarks. To look askance at violence and yet to participate in violence wholeheartedly seems to me to be spiritually contradictory. If ones ideal and goal was truly a peace-filled world with every human living in gentle harmony for the good of all(the world), how can one countenance any deviation from that. We live in a new time, with changes coming, good changes if we turn our gaze in that direction, and it is becoming more possible (again, if we choose) to live that kind of lifestyle.

Not only do we have the information necessary to nourish our bodies adequately, but we can learn to do it optimally and without resort to any form of violence. I for one feel that I am blessed to live in this time, with this knowledge and my personal philosophy. Not only are we who espouse non-violence for all, no longer as alone as we might have been 10, 15, or more years ago, but even corporations (for what that's worth) are finally responding.

Mind you, I'll be the first to realize that corporate involvement is not ultimately a blessing to the individual, but it can be seen simply as a signal that our numbers are increasing to the point where we are no longer the invisible 'fringes'.
Old 26-02-2012, 02:30 PM
Master
For those who use dairy, this should interest you.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010...-dairy-farming

Some try to use the argument that slaughter of calves is needed, but this shows it isn't.

Check out Cow potection sites too, these are I believed based on symbiotic/Vedic systems of human and cow society

Last edited by Podshell : 26-02-2012 at 02:30 PM. Reason: speling
Old 26-02-2012, 02:35 PM
Master
You have to scroll down on that link to see how the second herd is treated, and read the reviews of how better the milk tastes.
Old 26-02-2012, 03:47 PM
DebbyM

I'm so pleased to see how well the cows on the smaller farm are treated. And if all cows everywhere were treated as well, that would go a long way to taking the wind out of animal rights activists sails if you know what I mean. But we humans are all at different stages of evolution an while some would be right into supporting this style of dairy, the vast majority want plenty, they want it cheap and either they don't care (or, and I'm trying to be generous here, they don't know) who gets hurt in the process. And the result is animal rights activists and vegans.
Old 26-02-2012, 05:16 PM
Master
Yes the Krsnas believe this is the way it was in the beginning, people treated cows with so much respect as they produced many foodstuffs via the milk, eg Butter, Ghee, yoghurt , paneer, cheese.

What we are buying into today is bulk over nutrition, regards all foods, I think.

They use yield increase as a selling point for chemicals and the nasty GMOs, but where do you see mention of nutrient content increase?
Old 27-02-2012, 03:06 AM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyM
I'm so pleased to see how well the cows on the smaller farm are treated. And if all cows everywhere were treated as well, that would go a long way to taking the wind out of animal rights activists sails if you know what I mean.

Which is why we have to vote with our dollar (pound, euro, ruble, peso :^) in favor of this holistic approach. Regulation only goes so far..and lately has
been working against us... while consumer demand and education is the great steering wheel that will redirect this ship... Force them to list GMO's and
people will stop buying them (over 90% of people in the US surveyed said if they knew a product was GMO'ed they wouldn't purchase it... and that's how
they snuffed it in Europe) Buy local and buy friendly... support those who have our best interests at heart! :^)
Old 28-02-2012, 01:06 PM
DebbyM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenK
Which is why we have to vote with our dollar (pound, euro, ruble, peso :^) in favor of this holistic approach. Regulation only goes so far..and lately has
been working against us... while consumer demand and education is the great steering wheel that will redirect this ship... Force them to list GMO's and
people will stop buying them (over 90% of people in the US surveyed said if they knew a product was GMO'ed they wouldn't purchase it... and that's how
they snuffed it in Europe) Buy local and buy friendly... support those who have our best interests at heart! :^)

Which is why the government won't label for GMO's. Did you realize that one of Obama's promises was labelling of GMO's? Do you see that happening? How much cash do you think Monsanto drops on the senators and governors and whomever has an 'open pocket'? And yet other countries are getting smart and refusing to allow GMO's in. Because Monsanto can't reach their politicians and so the people's voices are having an effect.

When Monsanto wanted approval of one of their products, the FDA allowed them to do the study necessary and then write the report. And then just when that study was going to be submitted, the selfsame writer of the report moved over from Monsanto to work in a position at the FDA where his/her first act was to approve that report! Stink of collusion if you ask me.

We would love to be able to vote with our dollars, but except for buying organic, we aren't given the opportunity. As for organic products, if you think you're getting pesticide free produce, think again. Less effective and sprayed more often apparently so I think the only thing that is actually safe is your own garden. Where that leaves apartment dwellers, I don't know.