Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 25-09-2020, 05:26 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo50
satan has a play in confusing us to believe anything that God had nothing to do with. Jehovah does not give us free will, wanting us to do right by it. yet planned all along for us to do wrong, sadly many believe this.

Satan only confuses those who believe in Satan, you become what you believe.
Peace
Old 25-09-2020, 06:39 PM
Soul Seeker

Quote:
sadly you chose to ignore the scripture, it showed that the Pharaoh already had a harden heart towards the Israelites. what part of that verse, did you NOT understand? show me the verse that showed the Pharaoh's heart were soft towards them. you say I'm wrong, so show by scriptures ,you're right, I did! even if you refuse to see it. peace

Do you cook a cake that is already cooked?

Do you harden a heart that is already hard?

Show you can follow the logic trail now.

Regards
DL
Old 25-09-2020, 07:24 PM
janielee

Quote:
please ,don't get it twisted, I hold ALL of Jehovah God's words, close to Heart. if we do research we would see that the Pharaohs of Egypt believe that they were gods, once they were crowned. also it was the king who allowed his own heart to grow hard towards the Israelites. because of them growing in numbers, he was afraid they may over take Egypt. it was already in his Heart to mistreat those people. read the scriptures...

(Exo. 7:9,10 So he said to his people: “Look! The people of Israel are more numerous and mightier than we are. Let us deal shrewdly with them. Otherwise, they will continue to multiply, and if a war breaks out, they will join our enemies and fight against us and leave the country”). Jehovah God KNEW that this man was Never going to let his people go.

it wasn't that he took a man who's heart would have humbled. he took a Haughty, arrogant "king", who he know would NEVER humble down. so Jehovah God continue to let the man heart stay the way it was. so that he could show him, that NO ONE ,not even you, will keep my people in bondage.

there were kings before him, that treated the Israelites good. like the Pharaoh who allowed Joseph to bring his family to Egypt. if Jehovah wanted just use any Pharaoh in order to prove who he was and what he could do. he could have harden the Hearts of those past ones. he didn't, because again, those past ones didn't plan to mistreat Jehovah's people and make them slaves. peace

Is this God of the Bible one who only believes certain people are "His"?

And I take it to mean only the Jews? Oh, I see. So was the Bible produced by the Jewish people?
Old 25-09-2020, 07:57 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
You are correct in saying Yahweh gave us FREE WILL. Even though we have FREE WILL, it is up to us individually not to use it in the wrong way.

I suspect all religions believe that....... but then, there are those who will disagree.

I do not know of one religion where the people do not have Free Will so this should not be an issue.

Same goes for casuality. That seems to be common in all religions, also.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 25-09-2020, 08:06 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
Is this God of the Bible one who only believes certain people are "His"?

And I take it to mean only the Jews? Oh, I see. So was the Bible produced by the Jewish people?

It's strange that there is no Archeological evidence that Exodus actually happened, and yet some still believe these myths.

Israeli Orthodox rabbi and scholar Mordecai Breuer has written some interesting Papers regarding this so called event....
Old 25-09-2020, 08:14 PM
Master
Quote:
I do not know of one religion where the people do not have Free Will so this should not be an issue.

Same goes for casuality. That seems to be common in all religions, also.

All religions seem to follow the Golden Rule and are told to honor and show respect for their parents.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 25-09-2020, 08:35 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Does life come down to a choice? A choice between either God or 'I'. You can either choose to be your own God or you can choose for God to be God?

That is how it seems to me. Most people choose to be their own God or make no choice at all. But Christians, Muslims and Jews choose our Father to be God. The difference between Muslims, Jews and Christians is that Christians have a set path to follow to reach God. Muslims and Jews believe that our Father is God but can they reach Him?

If you do a study on Elohim, the word that gets translated in the first creation account as God, you will have a better understanding on the subject.

Old 25-09-2020, 08:38 PM
Master
Quote:
All religions seem to follow the Golden Rule and are told to honor and show respect for their parents.

Except Buddhism,

Respect ' All ' Sentient Beings Equally....

Asian Lay Buddhist put their Parents first but that is not what Buddha taught. Suttas/Sutras are an excellent source of Buddhas Teachings....
Old 25-09-2020, 09:03 PM
Master
Quote:

Even Buddha spoke of placing parents in a special place as discussed in the Kataññu Suttas: Gratitude.

Old 25-09-2020, 09:20 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
What about the 3rd choice?
The unification of God and I.
Which I believe it is attained through the Spirit of Love.

(106) Jesus said, "When you make the two one, you will become the sons of man, and when you say, 'Mountain, move away,' it will move away."
Gospel of Thomas
Namaste