Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 05-09-2020, 05:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
What sources do Gnostics even use in their defence that Jesus is on their side?

Like John, I am suspicious of ''hidden knowledge''. Why should knowledge be hidden?

Ask Jesus

Matthew 13:11
He answered and said to them, Because it is given to you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.
Old 05-09-2020, 05:43 PM
Master
Quote:
What sources do Gnostics even use in their defence that Jesus is on their side?

Like John, I am suspicious of ''hidden knowledge''. Why should knowledge be hidden?

and it so well hidden, even they can not discuss it ...........
probably because they do not know what it is!

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 05-09-2020, 06:26 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
and it so well hidden, even they can not discuss it ...........
probably because they do not know what it is!

Probably only the Inner Circle members, who adhered to some very strict abstinences, is my guess. Mystical traditions tend to follow the same formula.
Old 05-09-2020, 06:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Probably only the Inner Circle members, who adhered to some very strict abstinences, is my guess. Mystical traditions tend to follow the same formula.

From what some Gnostics say, it appears they have no enlightenment from what I can see.

Animosity for Christianity is not enlightenment in my opinion. But then, they are not the only religions that behaves this way.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 05-09-2020, 06:39 PM
janielee

Let's hear what some of the Christian Saints have to say about this topic.
Old 05-09-2020, 06:40 PM
janielee

I WILL JUST SAY THIS

We

bloomed in Spring.

Our bodies

are the leaves of God.

The apparent seasons of life and death

our eyes can suffer;

but our souls, dear, I will just say this forthright:

they are God

Himself,

we will never

perish

unless He

does.

– St Teresa of Avila
Old 05-09-2020, 06:42 PM
janielee

ASK ANYTHING

‘Ask anything.’

My Lord said to me.

And my mind and heart thought deeply

for a second,

then replied with just one word,

‘When?’

God’s arms then opened up and I entered Myself.

I entered myself when I entered

Christ.

And having learned compassion I

allowed my soul

to stay.

~ St Thomas Aquinas
Old 05-09-2020, 06:44 PM
janielee

“The eye through which I see God is the same eye through which God sees me; my eye and God’s eye are one eye, one seeing, one knowing, one love.”

– Meister Eckhart
Old 05-09-2020, 08:19 PM
Soul Seeker

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
Look up the teachings of the Nicolations.
Who's teachings Jesus clearly says He hates, in the letters dictated to John the Revelator!

In His letter dictated to John concerning the church of Thyatira, He states He will put these false teachings from a person known as "Jezebel", on a bed of illnesses, and He will take all her offspring from the world prematurely!

This is not your God of the O.T. which you want to condemn, this is Jesus, in the New Testament!

They are basically twins, if you only see the Roman Jesus.

Gnostic Christians like the more mystical Jesus archetype.

Quote:
Gnostics want to teach you can recognize Jesus on some spiritual level, and do whatever you want in body.

Yes to the first and no to the last.

Quote:
Jezebel, in the city of Thyatira, taught that people could commit fornication in dedication to Balaam, and that it was fine!

However, Jesus said OTHERWISE.

Jesus kept out of the bedrooms of the people. So should we all.

This excludes violence etc.

Quote:
No wonder many Gnostics dislike the Bible, and Biblical canon.

Fully wrong.

The bible is a great book to lean moral from.

It is what taught me that genocide was always evil and that Yahweh was as well.

Strange that immoral Christians see the opposite.

What is your view?

So, what is the difference between Gnostics, and Luciferians? Who don't believe in anything but,
"What they see"?

That is not true at all.

What is the difference between Luciferians and Christians?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNcRXeCzpno

First. All religions based on the supernatural are following a foolish, faith based myth.

We do not believe in only what we see. I myself will swear to telepathy and that is invisible, basically.

We believe only in what we know or can know. Gnosis means know. It is also the root of agnostic. A close relationship as we too are seekers. Perpetual seekers in fact. Check your terms my friend.

Regards
DL
Old 05-09-2020, 08:25 PM
Soul Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
Luciferianism is a belief system that venerates the essential characteristics that are affixed to Lucifer. The tradition, influenced by Gnosticism, usually reveres Lucifer not as the devil, but as a destroyer, a guardian, liberator, light bringer or guiding spirit to darkness, or even the true god as opposed to Jehovah.
Gnosticism (from Ancient Greek: "having knowledge") is a collection of religious ideas and systems which originated in the first century AD among early Christian and Jewish sects. These various groups emphasized personal spiritual knowledge (gnosis) over orthodox teachings, traditions, or the authority of the church. Viewing material existence as flawed or evil, Gnostic cosmogony generally presents a distinction between a supreme, hidden God and a malevolent lesser divinity (sometimes associated with the Yahweh of the Old Testament) who is responsible for creating the material universe. Gnostics considered the principal element of salvation to be direct knowledge of the supreme divinity in the form of mystical or esoteric insight. Many Gnostic texts deal not in concepts of sin and repentance, but with illusion and enlightenment.

Just one thing.

We like matter as it houses the spark of god within us. That is more or less equivalent to our souls.

Christians inquisitors twisted our beliefs to try, and fail, to justify their mass murder of a better religion.

One that did not venerate genocide, homophobia or misogyny and believed in full equality of all souls.

The bad Christians won that war and the only good Christians lost.

We were not violent enough for Constantine's church.

Regards
DL