Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 04-09-2020, 06:25 PM
Master
The beginnings of Gnosticism in Christianity?

Look up the teachings of the Nicolations.
Who's teachings Jesus clearly says He hates, in the letters dictated to John the Revelator!

In His letter dictated to John concerning the church of Thyatira, He states He will put these false teachings from a person known as "Jezebel", on a bed of illnesses, and He will take all her offspring from the world prematurely!

This is not your God of the O.T. which you want to condemn, this is Jesus, in the New Testament!

Gnostics want to teach you can recognize Jesus on some spiritual level, and do whatever you want in body.

Jezebel, in the city of Thyatira, taught that people could commit fornication in dedication to Balaam, and that it was fine!

However, Jesus said OTHERWISE.
No wonder many Gnostics dislike the Bible, and Biblical canon.

So, what is the difference between Gnostics, and Luciferians? Who don't believe in anything but,
"What they see"?

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 04-09-2020, 08:51 PM
Master

Luciferianism is a belief system that venerates the essential characteristics that are affixed to Lucifer. The tradition, influenced by Gnosticism, usually reveres Lucifer not as the devil, but as a destroyer, a guardian, liberator, light bringer or guiding spirit to darkness, or even the true god as opposed to Jehovah.
Gnosticism (from Ancient Greek: "having knowledge") is a collection of religious ideas and systems which originated in the first century AD among early Christian and Jewish sects. These various groups emphasized personal spiritual knowledge (gnosis) over orthodox teachings, traditions, or the authority of the church. Viewing material existence as flawed or evil, Gnostic cosmogony generally presents a distinction between a supreme, hidden God and a malevolent lesser divinity (sometimes associated with the Yahweh of the Old Testament) who is responsible for creating the material universe. Gnostics considered the principal element of salvation to be direct knowledge of the supreme divinity in the form of mystical or esoteric insight. Many Gnostic texts deal not in concepts of sin and repentance, but with illusion and enlightenment.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 04-09-2020, 11:35 PM
Master
Thanks for the delineation.

I have offered the alternative explanation regarding the angelic nature of Adam and Eve, and a whole new history and timeline involving our present organic form, and nature.
See my notes of prior posts.

As we can see, "Paradise" is about a greater reality and Truth involving the timeless.
You think this material existence is primary?

All of Christ's disciples were martyred for their faith.
Go order "Tortured for Christ". Learn something.

Gnostics do not believe the historicity of the scriptures. They could care less about the Essenes records which they recorded confirming our present translations.
Don't believe in Christ's physical incarnation. Or, in His prophesied atonement for all of the world.
Despite His own words to the contrary.
Reject the Bible and canon and are not therefore Christians.
Again, having no foundation regarding the hodgepod of their beliefs.
Not Christians. No matter what they describe themselves as being.

Go ask the aberrant farce here what they think of the O.P.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 05-09-2020, 08:18 AM
Master
Gnosticism is odd. I don't recall Jesus saying he believed in a 'demiurge' or evil creator. Gnosticism seems attractive to those who wish to ''unite'' Eastern thought with a belief in Jesus, and also attractive to those that are into self-deification.

It takes an odd and depressed personality to believe that ''the world is evil'', IMO, be they Gnostic, Christian, Hindu, Buddhist, Muslim or anything else. Happy, people don't believe in such.

Not sure what the point about ''fornication'' is all about. It is ''Sexual intercourse between people who are not married to each other'' (can be consensual and without cheating).

Last edited by Altair : 05-09-2020 at 08:58 AM.
Old 05-09-2020, 08:57 AM
Master
Well Altair, you don't see a problem with public orgies? And, in devotion to some false god?
You should look up, Balaam.

As well, the world is evil having to do with our present organic situation, and involving the fall.
Not because of the Lord.

You don't see Jesus making a point of it in the scriptures?

Old 05-09-2020, 08:59 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
Well Altair, you don't see a problem with public orhies?

As well, the world is evil having to do with our present organic situation, and involving the fall.
Not because of the Lord.

I wasn't thinking of orgies there but two people not married but in love.
I know many Christians believe sex should only be for married couples, and I disagree.
Old 05-09-2020, 09:32 AM
Master
Quote:
Well Altair, you don't see a problem with public orgies? And, in devotion to some false god?
You should look up, Balaam.

Not because of the Lord.

You don't see Jesus making a point of it in the scriptures?

You could blame God for the ' Evil '... The God depicted in the ot is a very good Teacher on how to practice ' Evil '.
Old 05-09-2020, 04:17 PM
Master
Quote:
Thanks for the delineation.

I have offered the alternative explanation regarding the angelic nature of Adam and Eve, and a whole new history and timeline involving our present organic form, and nature.
See my notes of prior posts.

As we can see, "Paradise" is about a greater reality and Truth involving the timeless.
You think this material existence is primary?

All of Christ's disciples were martyred for their faith.
Go order "Tortured for Christ". Learn something.

Gnostics do not believe the historicity of the scriptures. They could care less about the Essenes records which they recorded confirming our present translations.
Don't believe in Christ's physical incarnation. Or, in His prophesied atonement for all of the world.
Despite His own words to the contrary.
Reject the Bible and canon and are not therefore Christians.
Again, having no foundation regarding the hodgepod of their beliefs.
Not Christians. No matter what they describe themselves as being.

Go ask the aberrant farce here what they think of the O.P.

INTERESTING TOPIC!

Gnostics claim they believe........ but their beliefs resonate with anti-Christianity and not with 'hidden' knowledge which is deceptive in of itself.

They can cleverly manipulate virtually anything to make God look bad but they offer only criticism and nothing of real value. They can't even tell you who is their own God which is telling in of itself.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 05-09-2020, 05:16 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
INTERESTING TOPIC!

Gnostics claim they believe........ but their beliefs resonate with anti-Christianity and not with 'hidden' knowledge which is deceptive in of itself.

They can cleverly manipulate virtually anything to make God look bad but they offer only criticism and nothing of real value. They can't even tell you who is their own God which is telling in of itself.

' but their beliefs resonate with anti-Christianity and not with 'hidden' knowledge which is deceptive in of itself.'

Yet you personally start a Thread about the Gospel of Thomas which is Gnostic, tut tut tut....
You've not mentioned it being ' Anti Christian '
Old 05-09-2020, 05:16 PM
Master
What sources do Gnostics even use in their defence that Jesus is on their side?

Like John, I am suspicious of ''hidden knowledge''. Why should knowledge be hidden?