Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 28-08-2020, 08:08 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilary
I just wanted to add that crocidolite is blue asbestos. The fibrous stone is called crocidolite. However, it is a type of asbestos. Asbestos is a term that means "fibrous rock." There are 6 main types of asbestos.

Chrysotile is white asbestos, found in the rock Serpentine in veins. The fibrous rock is called chrysotile, but it is a type of asbestos. It is much less dangerous than blue asbestos (crocidolite) because it does dissolve in the lungs naturally over time, whereas blue and brown (amosite) asbestos do not dissolve ever.

As to the tumbled nature, I did think the same thing at first. My science teacher friend, also a rock expert guy, polishes and makes his own jewelry, however, said the only safe way is to have the stone is if it's completely polished. He thinks tumbled can still have active fibers. He also thinks the epoxy will make it safe.

It's not ideal, I agree. But it's the only way I feel it will be safe.

I have a big piece of Chrysotile (white asbestos) in a raw specimen.
I got it because I like such stuff. It is unbelievable how much 'stuff' like this is out there.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 28-08-2020, 10:59 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
I have a big piece of Chrysotile (white asbestos) in a raw specimen.
I got it because I like such stuff. It is unbelievable how much 'stuff' like this is out there.

LOL, you must be crazy! (That's ok, so am I :) ).

It's good to know you're still healthy and alive. Do you just not handle it much?
Old 28-08-2020, 11:49 PM
Master
Quote:
LOL, you must be crazy! (That's ok, so am I :) ).

It's good to know you're still healthy and alive. Do you just not handle it much?

I just do not handle it, and if I do, I wash my hands, etc.

I have a few other poisonous pieces.....
it isn't like I like living dangerously, I just like collecting them.

I am still a curious 'boy' at large.

This year, I was able to purchase a specimen that had arsenic base crystals. I got it at a very good price.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 29-08-2020, 02:31 PM
Knower
Do you mean Orpiment or Realgar?
Old 29-08-2020, 03:27 PM
Master
Quote:
Do you mean Orpiment or Realgar?

I have them as combined specimens. The specimen I have, has really nice crystals. If I find her, I will post her name.

Old 31-08-2020, 06:49 PM
Pathfinder

Tiger eye or crocodilite ( or whatever it was called like ) is asbestos replaced by quartz hence the fibrious structure and glow or shine ( which asbestos doesn't do ) . Of course there could be traces on there which is unlikely if you got high quality stone. Asbestos doesn't oxidate like falcon eye meaning the iron quartz already replaced the asbestos and oxidates into brown/yellow tiger eye ( a type of rust basically )

All serpentine contains asbestos but it is too little to cause a serious health issue unless you seriously damage the stone and inhale from close. Silver serptine contains ALOT of asbestos and shouldn't be sold or bought. Difference between silver and normal serpentine is that silver variant of silver stripes throughout the stone which is basically layers of asbestos. Stichtite sometimes may contain the dangerous type especially in atlantisite.

All minerals could contain asbestos therefore one should always check large clusters. Smaller tumbled stones rarely contain any unless it's one of the types i described above.

Zeolites usually are found with asbestos one needs to be carefull. with okenite its almost impossible to spot.
Old 31-08-2020, 06:52 PM
Pathfinder

Tiger eye or crocodilite ( or whatever it was called like ) is asbestos replaced by quartz hence the fibrious structure and glow or shine ( which asbestos doesn't do ) . Of course there could be traces on there which is unlikely if you got high quality stone. Asbestos doesn't oxidate like falcon eye meaning the iron quartz already replaced the asbestos and oxidates into brown/yellow tiger eye ( a type of rust basically ).

All serpentine contains asbestos but it is too little to cause a serious health issue unless you seriously damage the stone and inhale from close. Silver serptine contains ALOT of asbestos and shouldn't be sold or bought. Difference between silver and normal serpentine is that silver variant of silver stripes throughout the stone which is basically layers of asbestos. Stichtite sometimes may contain the dangerous type especially in atlantisite.

All minerals could contain asbestos therefore one should always check large clusters. Smaller tumbled stones rarely contain any unless it's one of the types i described above.

Zeolites usually are found with asbestos one needs to be carefull. with okenite its almost impossible to spot.