Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 02-09-2020, 08:43 PM
Experiencer
Working with High Vibe crystals for too long might unground you, but what about...

Working with High vibe crystals for too long might unground you if not taking grounding measures and practices, but what about working with 'low vibe' black / lower chakra crystals/stones... ?

Since past month+ I have been working more with black obsidian and I must tell you, every day I see more and more of the obstacles in front of my obstacles... I mean I see how in my particular case, despite me knowing so much that I could be able to do a lot of important things in my life, one of the reasons I still do not do it at a high level is because of distractions disguised as part of work but they are not work.

And somehow I notice how the obsidian is teaching and pointing me towards these. This is merely JUST ONE example.. there's much more. And it's absolutely valuable to me. And I feel how these thoughts about RECOGNIZING these problems appeared when the obsidian were introduced again. (i make days/weeks or even month+ of crystals rotation on my desk which i also use in meditation).

Weeks ago I tried replacing them with my almandine garnet big sphere since I haven't used that one since quite some time.. and it just felt wrong like never before. Increasinlgy wrong and bad.. and I quickly put the obsidian spheres back on my desk. There's also a tourmaline that stays behind my laptop by the way, no matter what, that one is there forever :)) I'm just mentioning this, i am sure I can go switch now to other crystals from time to time, as I believe there were enough lessons received.

So I think I can now go back to one of my other mini grids, yellow calcite optic isphere in middle, 2 raw pyrites on its left and right, a herkimer diamond behind and a chinese frog in front pointing towards me. that was a good one for my work.

My question here.... what if I use grounding crystals / lower charka crystals for too long without using higher vibration crystals? What does it happen? Do i draw too much of the celestial energies so to speak into this plane of existance and somehow I become more materialistic? Should i strive for balance for the sake of it or follow my heart, brain and intuition..?

Thanks in advance!
Old 04-09-2020, 04:53 PM
Knower
I'm no expert, relatively new here to crystals. But I think following your intuition is a great idea. I don't think these lower-chakra stones will cause you harm. They will teach you, yes, but only to your benefit in the long run. When you feel the intuitive nudge to balance with some higher vibe stones, do so. It sounds like you are doing what is needed for you right now.

Don't forget. Some materialism is healthy for you. It's not a bad thing to have self-respect, and to treat yourself with some TLC everyday. If it becomes a problem, and you stall in other areas of your life, such as showing compassion and attaining spiritual knowledge, then maybe it's time to include other stones.

Just my opinion... :)
Old 04-09-2020, 06:57 PM
Master
Nothing happens. It's an up and down thing for the most part anyway. And if you feel drawn now to use these other crystals your intuition etc. will only benefit from it. After all we don't get chakras cleared and balanced in one go. They have layers. Apart from that, by living life new stuff could get added to it.
I've noticed throughout the years on my spiritual path that I go from more Earth energies to Cosmic, sometimes nothing in particular which helps to digest it all and then it starts again.
It's all one system. If things happen mainly on let's say the Solar Plexus ALL other layers and chakras will benefit. It's not like nothing happens to the higher chakras then.
Also, don't forget that some crystals which we tend to think of as lower chakra crystals are actually ALSO higher chakra crystals.

Like Hilary said, follow your intuition and you won't go wrong. And if right now it's lots of obsidian you maybe need to clear things you weren't ready for earlier. If that's cleared you will also have 'higher' access to the other chakras and intuition and so on.
Old 04-09-2020, 08:22 PM
Knower
Perfect advice from both Hilary and FairyCrystal.

I think most people, me included, benefit way more from high vibe crystals when they are grounded.

In my experience, working with grounding crystals only enhance and deepen the communication with high vibe crystals.
Old 04-09-2020, 08:51 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Castor
Perfect advice from both Hilary and FairyCrystal.

I think most people, me included, benefit way more from high vibe crystals when they are grounded.

In my experience, working with grounding crystals only enhance and deepen the communication with high vibe crystals.
Yes, and I have to say -and that's speaking for me- that when I still needed to work lots on my lower chakras and releasing loads of stuff, I didn't feel attracted to high vibration crystals either.
It came by itself when I myself had cleared a lot.
Old 05-09-2020, 04:58 PM
Administrator
My question here.... what if I use grounding crystals / lower charka crystals for too long without using higher vibration crystals? What does it happen? Do i draw too much of the celestial energies so to speak into this plane of existance and somehow I become more materialistic? Should i strive for balance for the sake of it or follow my heart, brain and intuition..?

Hello

I have always use Grounding separate from a crystal. I like to be know that daily as I face the World around me I have made that attachment both to the Earth and to the Universe in being grounded. From there I will let my intuition guide me to what crystal I might well want for the day. Some days I am not drawn to any of them but I will note my house is surrounded by them.

Many carry a pouch with them of a mix of crystals. I have tried this, and I have found that not all are activated only what is needed.

Its an interesting question. Noted that not all of us have yet made that connection to our intuition or are just at that opening to learning more point in life. In this place I have always felt its a bit of trial and error, and learning.

Lynn
Old 05-09-2020, 06:36 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
Yes, and I have to say -and that's speaking for me- that when I still needed to work lots on my lower chakras and releasing loads of stuff, I didn't feel attracted to high vibration crystals either.
It came by itself when I myself had cleared a lot.

That makes perfect sense.

I would add that besides working on the lower chakras or doing some form of shadow work or being present with what is, I think grounding in general is one of the most essential things.

Years ago I considered grounding to be boring and overrated. I was ignorant to the fact that I needed grounding more than anything.

Nowadays being grounded is my key focus. As much as I love high vibe crystals and all the astonishing things that comes with them, I’m totally in love with my grounding crystals. They are spectacular and amazing and go deep.

Whenever I am grounded, I feel more at ease, with that underlying sense of peace. All kind of things that bother me when I’m not grounded are much less of an issue. Life in general flows way more easily. When I'm grounded I feel calm and comfortable in my own skin.
Old 06-09-2020, 09:41 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Castor
That makes perfect sense.

I would add that besides working on the lower chakras or doing some form of shadow work or being present with what is, I think grounding in general is one of the most essential things.

Years ago I considered grounding to be boring and overrated. I was ignorant to the fact that I needed grounding more than anything.

Nowadays being grounded is my key focus. As much as I love high vibe crystals and all the astonishing things that comes with them, I’m totally in love with my grounding crystals. They are spectacular and amazing and go deep.

Whenever I am grounded, I feel more at ease, with that underlying sense of peace. All kind of things that bother me when I’m not grounded are much less of an issue. Life in general flows way more easily. When I'm grounded I feel calm and comfortable in my own skin.
oh yes, it is absolutely paramount to be grounded!
But personally I've never really turned to crystals for this. I learnt to ground when I first set foot on my development/spiritual path with an intuitive development course. The course started with that, and the effects were amazing! So I suppose I was never really all that grounded until then, hihi.

These days I hardly ever work on grounding, at some point your grounding gets stronger and last longer and longer.
But when I feel I need it I do it the way I was taught, not with crystals. I can also do it a helluva lot faster. I'm not even sure what one would consider grounding crystals.
Red jasper I suppose, which I never liked. Smokey quartz, which I'm not a fan of either. It's weird you know, I seem to have some natural resistance to grounding crystals?
I tend to feel like, if I need grounding I'll do it myself.

Maybe I'm unusual when it comes to crystals I don't know. I hardly ever go for a crystals for a specific purpose, except for the shungite on my neck.
But not like, my throat is in need so I'm going for a blue stone. Or my heart needs healing, I need rose quartz.
I just grab whatever whenever intuitively and often don't even know why. It just feels good.
Old 06-09-2020, 10:06 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal

Maybe I'm unusual when it comes to crystals I don't know. I hardly ever go for a crystals for a specific purpose, except for the shungite on my neck.
But not like, my throat is in need so I'm going for a blue stone. Or my heart needs healing, I need rose quartz.
I just grab whatever whenever intuitively and often don't even know why. It just feels good.

That's more or less what I do
Old 09-09-2020, 01:31 PM
Pathfinder

Depends on the planetary energies associated with those crystals.

Usually smokey quartz or tiger iron have different energies associated with them. Most red crystals are connected to mars and/or saturn depending on what you choose, it's hard to feel the difference if they are only connected to mars of both saturn and mars you have to feel for yourself. Yellow is sun and/or mars/ jupiter depending on the crystal, more orangy yellowish tones like in yellow calcite are not really yellow but more orangy and connected to sun+jupiter, same for citrine quartz which is more of a orangy yellow. Black crystals /stones are usually only associated with saturn which stands for restriction, materialism,abstract logic / pragmatism , discipline etcetra

Garnet is pretty grounding so is carnelian but both can stir up some agression or make you overly assertive. Orange carnelian is connected to mars and jupiter and darker red carnelian to mars. Lighter carnelian like orange carnelian affects the 1st and second chakra, yellow carnelian also exists usually on split necklaces.

Usually if you use alot of grounding stones it makes you extremely pessimistic but also very realistic - it might prevent you from taking action or make you depressed/ frustrated. (orange) carnelian is more optimistic in general.

imho the best grounding stones which create some balance are smokey quartz especially smokey quartz in citrine, Tiger iron and astrophylite ( which also affects 7th chakra ), ruby is both 1st and 7th chakra, mahogany obsidian , pietersite.

The strongest grounding stone by far is red tiger iron... especially when there is hematite and red jaspis in there. This one is connected to mars , saturn, sun its a really good one.

Red tiger stone does have the strongest mars and sun energy