Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 26-08-2020, 07:11 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil
Really, your question could be refering to so very much, that i could not start to give an answer.
thank you, I am just trying to understand it better.
Old 26-08-2020, 09:51 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Yes, as I said previously always present but not always recognised...
As I see the Holy Spirit as essence ( God's Essence ) I don't believe Jesus has anything to do with it, from my understanding the belief in a Holy Spirit came before Jesus.

yes of course Sky, he had the spirit in him and his name now represents it quite nicely.
Old 26-08-2020, 09:51 AM
Elfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
What is the Holy Spirit ?

According to Scriptures it seems to come and go so therefore isn't permanent.
....The "Holy Spirit "....is whatever one perceives to be in one's own mind....plain and simple....ask 1,000 People .....you will recieve 1,000 different answers ...!!
Old 26-08-2020, 09:55 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfin
....The "Holy Spirit "....is whatever one perceives to be in one's own mind....plain and simple....ask 1,000 People .....you will recieve 1,000 different answers ...!!

more than a 1000, taking cognitive dissonance into account
it's like when your kid asks you where children come from and in the awkward moment, there's a 1000 answers given, but we know.. there's only one :)
Old 26-08-2020, 10:04 AM
Elfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmartin
more than a 1000, taking cognitive dissonance into account
it's like when your kid asks you where children come from and in the awkward moment, there's a 1000 answers given, but we know.. there's only one :)
Hi ....Ahhh. but when my kids asked me that I always told them the truth...( Age appropriate explanation of course!).....I never told them we were found under a gooseberry bush or otherwise.....honesty is always the best policy..... But to talk about religion /God / faith .....that is up to each individual's beliefs ....and each singular individual.. in due course, will know , one way or another , whether their beliefs were correct .....or not !!!
Old 26-08-2020, 10:19 AM
Master

Quote:
Hi ....Ahhh. but when my kids asked me that I always told them the truth...( Age appropriate explanation of course!).....I never told them we were found under a gooseberry bush or otherwise.....honesty is always the best policy..... But to talk about religion /God / faith .....that is up to each individual's beliefs ....and each singular individual.. in due course, will know , one way or another , whether their beliefs were correct .....or not !!!

i told my son women lay eggs, just very tiny ones you can't see
technically that's true. i'm just not going to spill the beans on the fertilisation process. animals figure it out why can't he? i've already sat him down and told him 'ok now i'm going to tell you about women' ... wait five seconds then say 'and now i have'
its better to leave something of a mystery to it, hey, just like religion!
Old 26-08-2020, 10:26 AM
Elfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmartin
i told my son women lay eggs, just very tiny ones you can't see
technically that's true. i'm just not going to spill the beans on the fertilisation process. animals figure it out why can't he? i've already sat him down and told him 'ok now i'm going to tell you about women' ... wait five seconds then say 'and now i have'
its better to leave something of a mystery to it, hey, just like religion!
Lol....it's always the "akward " question".... When asked by my 3 sons , I would tell them that daddies have a "special" seed that they need to give the mummies .... It plants in the mummies tummy , and then a little baby grows , like a flower !....and then I walk away , hoping they won't probe further !!.... But I would never lie to them...
Old 26-08-2020, 10:39 AM
Master
Quote:

Of course it is how you perceive it to be unless you want to take the ideas of others and plant them in your own brain but then you might need some of those Anti-Rejection Tablets but I surpose they could be handed out by the Preachers...
I think Reflection Tablets would be more appropriate but that's just me
Old 26-08-2020, 10:41 AM
Master
I had my 3 older brothers tell me about the bird's and the bees. Hahaha. I remember asking my parents how bird's can stand on power lines and not get electrocuted? They told me because they have special feet. Here's one more serious. A lot of my family is racist. When speaking of different races I referred to them to the names I Hurd. Not ever meaning anything bad. It was just all I knew. I didn't know the truth and didn't understand why people got offended. But I'll never forget a 4th grade teacher who pulled me to the side one day and helped me to understand what I was really saying and doing. I am really glad she did that. After that I realized racism is really stupid.
Old 26-08-2020, 10:41 AM
Master
Quote:
Lol....it's always the "akward " question".... When asked by my 3 sons , I would tell them that daddies have a "special" seed that they need to give the mummies .... It plants in the mummies tummy , and then a little baby grows , like a flower !....and then I walk away , hoping they won't probe further !!.... But I would never lie to them...

How do they give the ' Special Seed ' to the Mummy...