Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > General Paranormal

Old 09-08-2020, 03:55 PM
Seeker

Color Spiritual quest for Siddhas

Hey guys

A friend and me are currently planing an adventure to India. Our rough sketch is to visit the Isha ashram, attend a few programs and then head out to find Siddhas (people who attained Siddhis). Timespan: 1,5~3months
Although I did experience quite a lot of basic-level telepathy and other paranormal stuff, I want to totally eradicate the last pieces of doubt in my mind questioning the master-level siddhis. I want to experience these things for myself, I want to see them, learn how to -at least in theory- achieve them and generally ask the people who obviously achieved higher understanding than me a few questions about the nature of reality. Since I cannot gauge my current level of understanding in relation to siddhis, I leave open whether or not I want to stay there to achieve some of them myself. First and most important step: experience these things with my own eyes.

The big question is only: how can I find these Siddhas (that also speak English)? I totally do not intend to waste my time on people who just talk. I know there is a general attitude to not exhibit these skills in public and most definately I do not want to meet a black magician or someone with low (e.g. money) intentions. Are you aware of areas which are said to have a lot of siddhas?

If any of you could help me finding the real masters, that would be most appreciated
Old 18-11-2020, 11:37 AM
Seeker

Unhappy

no replies? .__.
Old 19-11-2020, 02:36 AM
Guide
Hey there!

Lol well you can meet my teacher and see Or you can follow a teacher's instruction and attain during your own path too if you so chose. Sometimes you might develop siddhis on your own depending on where you're at on the path. I'm unsure if there is a specific area in which any multitude congregate.

I can attest these things exist, if that helps to know, and in the beginning allot like yourself I wanted to approach it in a way not only to see if I could unravel the mysteries but also get some sort of evidence.

Safe to say I myself have 100% absolute veridical proof in my own sadhana but wanted to reitterate that this itself isn't the point. We prove to our self these things are real but then never take up the actual path of self realization by asking "who am I?" or "what am I?" What are we to these secret powers that seem so tantalizing to the part of our mind that isn't the real us?

Most siddhis can be learned at a specific juncture in the spiritual path, after breaking through a certain point. This very special point MUST be reached first. To seek it out just to see if it's real, I do totally understand as well as urge people to lol, but to continue chasing them will absolutely send one off on a huge tangent and cost someone potentially many many lifetimes of reincarnation and suffering they could have cut allot shorter. The grace I've personally earned was the kind which kept me from doing this very thing.

This among other reasons are the reason why nobody shouts it from the rooftop "hey guess what!" lol. But should you find what you're looking for I assure you the siddha will likely be compassionate towards your query and should it be the case that they oblige you I strongly suggest have something with you to offer back. Do not EVER go to someone like that empty handed ever.
Old 19-11-2020, 10:24 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by deLord
Hey guys

A friend and me are currently planing an adventure to India. Our rough sketch is to visit the Isha ashram, attend a few programs and then head out to find Siddhas (people who attained Siddhis). Timespan: 1,5~3months
Although I did experience quite a lot of basic-level telepathy and other paranormal stuff, I want to totally eradicate the last pieces of doubt in my mind questioning the master-level siddhis. I want to experience these things for myself, I want to see them, learn how to -at least in theory- achieve them and generally ask the people who obviously achieved higher understanding than me a few questions about the nature of reality. Since I cannot gauge my current level of understanding in relation to siddhis, I leave open whether or not I want to stay there to achieve some of them myself. First and most important step: experience these things with my own eyes.

The big question is only: how can I find these Siddhas (that also speak English)? I totally do not intend to waste my time on people who just talk. I know there is a general attitude to not exhibit these skills in public and most definately I do not want to meet a black magician or someone with low (e.g. money) intentions. Are you aware of areas which are said to have a lot of siddhas?

If any of you could help me finding the real masters, that would be most appreciated

I found some of the Siddhas by myself.
I never could find a teacher to teach me and I lived in Asia for 8-10 years.

The key seems to be riveted in that of going in to deeper, silent meditation.
Being able to quiet the mind seems to be the hardest part to accomplish what you want.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 20-11-2020, 09:48 PM
Aditi

Those who market Indian spirituality to westerners like to prop up the mystical powers because it is what people from our culture generally respond to, with money.

In my religion, siddhis are considered to be worldly achievements, not evidence of spirituality. In fact, they are warned about as one of the possible distractions from the true end. It would be embarrassing to show off or brag about a thing like that.

If you are familiar with stories from the Puranas, you will know that asuras often win powers through meditation. But asuras (typically) are not even aware that true divinity is real. They believe that the Self is the body.

What I'm getting at is, the sort of person who wants to show off powers would, at best, be the sort of person who wants you to pay to see the show. You might be better off doing the work yourself.

I also want to share this short Indian story, just so that you are not blindsided by this attitude when you meet with it in real life:
Two friends grew up in the same village; one went off to study with a spiritual master, while the other remained home. When they met up again a few years later, they took a walk together. On their walk, they reached a river and one paid the ferryman, the other used powers to walk across the water. When they reached the other side, the one who had taken the boat said, "Is this what you have to show for your hard work? Something worth no more than two cents?"
Old 22-11-2020, 05:40 AM
Experiencer

Great story Aditi.

One thing to understand so you are not confounded or confused is the term Siddha. A Siddha is someone who has attained full accomplishment on the Spiritual Path they are practiced. Full Spiritual Attainment.

If they have siddhis - or show them is something related, but also different. In most true traditions or paths, or individuals - gaining of the 8 major and minor siddhis is only a sign of certain stage of attainment and are not to be proud of, nor stuck in. Generally speaking, Siddha is what we want, not siddhis.

I have seen siddhis in action, except it was not promoted by the Siddha. This is what happens - they happen on their own for the benefit of a person or persons, or nature, etc. I hope you think about this a bit.

Otherwise, I have seen westerners go to India searching this way and who knows where they end up. With ego attachment to siddhis, usually, (not always) comes lower ego stuff, deceit greed desire for power or praise, maybe, etc - who knows.

Kindly look for a Siddha - one who is Illuminated by and KNOWS, Dwells in, IS, the Divine Light / Love of God/ Truth. Anyway, best of luck to you.
Old 27-11-2020, 01:13 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apakhana Akshobhya
Hey there!

1) Lol well you can meet my teacher and see

2) I can attest these things exist, if that helps to know

3) Safe to say I myself have 100% absolute veridical proof in my own sadhana but wanted to reitterate that this itself isn't the point. We prove to our self these things are real but then never take up the actual path of self realization by asking "who am I?" or "what am I?" What are we to these secret powers that seem so tantalizing to the part of our mind that isn't the real us?

4) Most siddhis can be learned at a specific juncture in the spiritual path, after breaking through a certain point. This very special point MUST be reached first. To seek it out just to see if it's real, I do totally understand as well as urge people to lol, but to continue chasing them will absolutely send one off on a huge tangent and cost someone potentially many many lifetimes of reincarnation and suffering they could have cut allot shorter. The grace I've personally earned was the kind which kept me from doing this very thing.

5) This among other reasons are the reason why nobody shouts it from the rooftop "hey guess what!" lol. But should you find what you're looking for I assure you the siddha will likely be compassionate towards your query and should it be the case that they oblige you I strongly suggest have something with you to offer back. Do not EVER go to someone like that empty handed ever.

Thanks, a lot of useful content.
1) yes maybe - who is he and where is he situated?
2) yes, that helps :)
3) I did not understand the meaning of your last sentence there
4) can you elaborate a bit more on this juncture point and how I might be able to estimate how far I am from this point or how to reach it?
5) "hey guess what" yes, I hope the Siddha would understand that I am not searching these things to brag about them or stuff. This truely is more about understanding the nature of reality. Plus I would never use a siddhi to cause suffering. What do you deem reasonable in terms of "not empty handed"?

@BigJohn
oh yes, definately. My meditation sucks most of the time. If I am lucky, I get a few minutes per week of absolute stillness during my meditation. This may be the hardest thing I ever worked on

@Aditi
as mentioned already, I am far from getting stuck with them for lower reasons. The most important thing is just to know without the shadow of a doubt that these things can be achieved - and then also to understand why nobody seems to use them. What I mean is: there is so much good that could be done with siddhis - but why is nobody (?) doing it? Politicians and corporate greed destroy our planet and it would be rather easy for a siddha to change something about that.
I know the story of the two friends and the ferryman :) but to fully understand I think one has to experience the "this is better than what you did"-part. Because without having reached it, how can anyone know that attaining enlightenment if far far better than "just" attaining a siddhi? I imagine someone who never fell in love. How are you gonna describe to him what he misses? I think it's impossible. It's like describing colors to a (color-)blind.

@BlueElephant
Why should one not be proud that one has achieved this stage? What's wrong with being happy that all the hard work has finally paid off?

@all
Which siddhis did you experience? Please tell me
Old 27-11-2020, 03:42 PM
Master
Quote:
Thanks, a lot of useful content.
1) yes maybe - who is he and where is he situated?
2) yes, that helps :)
3) I did not understand the meaning of your last sentence there
4) can you elaborate a bit more on this juncture point and how I might be able to estimate how far I am from this point or how to reach it?
5) "hey guess what" yes, I hope the Siddha would understand that I am not searching these things to brag about them or stuff. This truely is more about understanding the nature of reality. Plus I would never use a siddhi to cause suffering. What do you deem reasonable in terms of "not empty handed"?

@BigJohn
oh yes, definately. My meditation sucks most of the time. If I am lucky, I get a few minutes per week of absolute stillness during my meditation. This may be the hardest thing I ever worked on

@Aditi
as mentioned already, I am far from getting stuck with them for lower reasons. The most important thing is just to know without the shadow of a doubt that these things can be achieved - and then also to understand why nobody seems to use them. What I mean is: there is so much good that could be done with siddhis - but why is nobody (?) doing it? Politicians and corporate greed destroy our planet and it would be rather easy for a siddha to change something about that.
I know the story of the two friends and the ferryman :) but to fully understand I think one has to experience the "this is better than what you did"-part. Because without having reached it, how can anyone know that attaining enlightenment if far far better than "just" attaining a siddhi? I imagine someone who never fell in love. How are you gonna describe to him what he misses? I think it's impossible. It's like describing colors to a (color-)blind.

@BlueElephant
Why should one not be proud that one has achieved this stage? What's wrong with being happy that all the hard work has finally paid off?

@all
Which siddhis did you experience? Please tell me

I was able to bi-locate twice.

............ and a few other things.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 27-11-2020, 03:49 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
I was able to bi-locate twice.

............ and a few other things.

Siddhis manifest quite naturally for the "pure of heart" when the situation commands it.

Having met many siddhas at the Khumba Mela in India as well as at other places, I realized that virtually anything is possible. I also realized that siddhis are rarely displayed without a trace of ego.
Old 27-11-2020, 07:56 PM
Experiencer

Thumbs up

Quote:

@BlueElephant

Like I said - it is considered a trap and can easily block one from attaining the True Goal - whatever form of Liberated Realization the Tradition or Holy person has to offer, and where you might take it beyond that, or along side of that.

Otherwise, of course you have choices in what you do or not do, once that lower level has been accomplished by you. (Happy Face).