Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 05-08-2020, 10:25 AM
Pathfinder

Afraid to Use Tarot Cards?

There is a post about being afraid to use tarot cards.

I thought that I add my beliefs and post it under Tarot and Oracle Cards section :)

Tarot cards alone are nothing magical just ink onto a card. Yes the cards does hold energy which is why you ideally need to cleanse the card and bath if with your energy before use.

I can easily work with other decks that doesn’t belong to me perfect, its the higher beings are doing the heavy work ( be thankful to them with open and closing prayer or just thank you at the end )

Dismiss everything you see on TV/movies/stories because spiritual world is nothing like that. (Tarots will not grow legs and chase you with a frying pan).

It is important to be a higher vibration state before any work (easier for higher being to work with you while making it hard for lower to interrupt with nonsense trying to scare, drain energy and tell lies). It is the reason why a lot of people meditate before working (important to work on all your charkas before anything).

I do not believe demons or demonic things exist, we are all energy when we die and if you experience have astral travel etc you may experience changing your form. You can become a pink unicorn chair with evil eyes lol.

Sadly, it is the fear that lowers your vibrations which can allow troublemakers to interrupt. In my developer group told us never do any spiritual work when ill as that lowers your vibrations which could give you nonsense during reading.

If you are scare to use then do not use (could be a sign from your guides telling you not to), work on your chakras and wellbeing first if you would like to use it.

These higher beings including your past on relatives are always watching and protecting you from any harm, makes it far easier for them if you look after yourself and rise your vibrations (love life!). If you need to seek guidance from them see an experience medium/tarot.

This is my beliefs from my experience, I done medium-ship and tarot reading (doing both in 1, great results ).
Old 05-08-2020, 11:27 AM
Deactivated Account
I've asked Tarot practitioners on several occasions, and in various locations, exactly what they feel their cards do and how they think they are involved providing details they offer as information or guidance. Few have been able to explain.

Ask an experienced medium about her attributes and she'll be able to explain in detail. It's an interesting comparison I find.
Old 05-08-2020, 11:40 AM
55Degrees

Hi jasonbdj
Welcome to the tarot section.

Yes, it does seem that tarot gets a bad rap by those who don't understand it. Fear comes from lack of understanding and sometimes that fear is so deeply ingrained it can never be overcome.

I've used tarot for years, my approach is more psychological, but that only means I use different terms than someone more spiritually inclined.

I agree tho, the cards are paper and ink, nothing more, the magick/energy comes from the reader, in whatever name you wish to give it. No demons or entities are involved (I'd probably scare most of them off anyway ) .

Everybody practices differently but the end goal is the same ie receiving messages thar can guide or forewarn the querant.

I think those people who try to scare others, by suggesting tarot is evil, have watched too many silly movies or have been led to believe it's bad from sources that have no understanding of it.

Nice to have you here, please stick around and join in our discussions and fun & games.
Old 05-08-2020, 11:52 AM
55Degrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
I've asked Tarot practitioners on several occasions, and in various locations, exactly what they feel their cards do and how they think they are involved providing details they offer as information or guidance. Few have been able to explain.

Ask an experienced medium about her attributes and she'll be able to explain in detail. It's an interesting comparison I find.

My cards trigger my subconscious, reading the archetypal patterns portrayed in the images.
Archetypes are ancient images of communication from before the written word. These images allow my subconscious to translate them into a language that is then relayed to the querant.
I have no idea what you mean by 'how they think they are involved', but I will assume you mean, how the cards are involved. The cards act as a trigger to access the information.

I don't really know what point you are trying to make here, because the majority of tarot readers I know could happily answer your question.
Old 05-08-2020, 12:27 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:

Not all tarot readers are the same, all have different energies and ways of working.

For me I put medium-ship in my way of working example -

- What is happening on the picture, what stands out and what it means to me.
- What emotions or any pains am I feeling while holding this card.
- Any images or films pop onto my inner screen.

There are people that just uses the words on the card.

I can give a reading from a objects and even flowers.

I find Tarot cards quite powerful tools to be able to give a deeper reading for people an myself which why am loving it .
Old 05-08-2020, 12:48 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55Degrees
Hi jasonbdj
Welcome to the tarot section.

Yes, it does seem that tarot gets a bad rap by those who don't understand it. Fear comes from lack of understanding and sometimes that fear is so deeply ingrained it can never be overcome.

I've used tarot for years, my approach is more psychological, but that only means I use different terms than someone more spiritually inclined.

I agree tho, the cards are paper and ink, nothing more, the magick/energy comes from the reader, in whatever name you wish to give it. No demons or entities are involved (I'd probably scare most of them off anyway ) .

Everybody practices differently but the end goal is the same ie receiving messages thar can guide or forewarn the querant.

I think those people who try to scare others, by suggesting tarot is evil, have watched too many silly movies or have been led to believe it's bad from sources that have no understanding of it.

Nice to have you here, please stick around and join in our discussions and fun & games.

Yep, probably scared to see the death card in a reading (Death is not a purely negative card, usually means the end of something to me).

Yes we all have different ways of working, different energies, some things that works for you don't work for me which is why people should not try to follow that one person foot prints, same with crystals and medium-ship.

Thank you I admit I've only just started using tarot cards and am really impressed from first trying them.

Yes I will be around :)
Old 05-08-2020, 04:25 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonbdj
Not all tarot readers are the same, all have different energies and ways of working.

For me I put medium-ship in my way of working example -

- What is happening on the picture, what stands out and what it means to me.
- What emotions or any pains am I feeling while holding this card.
- Any images or films pop onto my inner screen.

There are people that just uses the words on the card.

I can give a reading from a objects and even flowers.

I find Tarot cards quite powerful tools to be able to give a deeper reading for people an myself which why am loving it .

psychic reading then?
Old 05-08-2020, 10:00 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
psychic reading then?

Some parts are but mostly it is mainly from the spirit.

If am about to give a reading, usually a image of a spirit pops up in my mind, like saying hello.

I firstly provide evidence that am working with the spirit before using the tools. I would discribe that person in spirit (hairstyle, build, cause of death etc) and a memory before going ahead with the tools or plain reading etc.

I try to use all available tools to be able to give out clearest detailing messages as possible.
Old 05-08-2020, 10:26 PM
Master
A person can do a tarot reading without using tarot cards; it is often referred to as and “intuitive reading.” Tarot is just and instrument that a person uses to communicate with their deeper being, and there are lots of different levels of tarot practitioner just like there are lots of different levels of mediums.

For me the most effective tarot cards are the ones that have archetypal symbols in them, because those symbols help to facilitate communion at the subconscious level. But the magic is not in the cards rather the magic is inside of us.

There are many ways to do divination and many tools available; tarot is such a tool, the Runes are another tool but some people don’t use these tools. You can dig a hole with your hands or use a tool. There is no better or worst, it is just a matter of preference.

Everything in this physical world is symbolic of something deeper. Tarot uses those symbols to access that which is deeper. Divination, or intuitive readings, are done in many different ways; just like there are many different religions and spiritual practices. Tarot practice is a prayer and a meditation, it is a form of worship, communion with our deeper being.
Old 05-08-2020, 10:44 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
A person can do a tarot reading without using tarot cards; it is often referred to as and “intuitive reading.” Tarot is just and instrument that a person uses to communicate with their deeper being, and there are lots of different levels of tarot practitioner just like there are lots of different levels of mediums.

For me the most effective tarot cards are the ones that have archetypal symbols in them, because those symbols help to facilitate communion at the subconscious level. But the magic is not in the cards rather the magic is inside of us.

There are many ways to do divination and many tools available; tarot is such a tool, the Runes are another tool but some people don’t use these tools. You can dig a hole with your hands or use a tool. There is no better or worst, it is just a matter of preference.

Everything in this physical world is symbolic of something deeper. Tarot uses those symbols to access that which is deeper. Divination, or intuitive readings, are done in many different ways; just like there are many different religions and spiritual practices. Tarot practice is a prayer and a meditation, it is a form of worship, communion with our deeper being.

Wish there is a like function on these forums :(

Yes, keep on sharing your experience and your beliefs. Nice for seekers to read when looking into the subject :)