Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Welcome to Spiritual Forums > News & Announcements

Old 28-08-2020, 11:33 AM
Ascender
Ok but what about chat, though?

A very small amount of people come in. About 5. Start coming in, please. Don't be shy ����
Old 28-08-2020, 11:45 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker
@ bobjob ... maybe you are right but for those who are not in a position to contribute, it kind of puts some pressure on them ... I’ll leave this to you and the admins to figure out since you all have more experience with running forums.

Yes it does create pressure but it's not for me to figure anything - not my website.
Old 28-08-2020, 06:39 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
This is the actual situation, copied from the 'Donate' link.

"Please Donate!

Spiritual Forums is an ad-free volunteer-supported web site. That's why we depend on you for your support to keep the web site up and running. Currently our hosting expenses run at about $90 American dollars per month. Anything you can give will be appreciated. Please consider donating to support Spiritual Forums!"

To me that's a very acceptable request and perhaps ought to be displayed somewhere prominent. And I still think it would be nice to have an acknowledgement page for donors.

If this is correct( $90 per month )....that is $1080 per year.....according to the site we have 2;905 active members....if each member gave 37 cents a year that would cover the expenses ? United we stand ? It should not be an insurmountable problem...:)
Old 28-08-2020, 10:21 PM
bartholomew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
If this is correct( $90 per month )....that is $1080 per year.....according to the site we have 2;905 active members....if each member gave 37 cents a year that would cover the expenses ? United we stand ? It should not be an insurmountable problem...:)

Thanks. This is the sort of information I was asking for when I mentioned a "financial statement". It is helpful for members to have some idea of what might be expected of them. Then we are both reminded of the need and given a suggested amount for regular donations. Since not all members donate a regular, or at least annual, report of funds needed is, I think, a good idea. This approach will help to prevent fiscal shortcomings.
Old 29-08-2020, 12:29 PM
Master
I think it could be a good idea if all members were able to see how much is needed financially to run the forum, to know how much have been donated and how much money is still missing so that members could give a donation according to their finances and what they wish to donate. 37 cents is not a lot, and even if one third of the active members would contribute it would be only a little more than one dollar.
Old 29-08-2020, 01:42 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartholomew
Thanks. This is the sort of information I was asking for when I mentioned a "financial statement".

But that's not what you wrote......

Quote:
It is helpful for members to have some idea of what might be expected of them. Then we are both reminded of the need and given a suggested amount for regular donations. Since not all members donate a regular, or at least annual, report of funds needed is, I think, a good idea. This approach will help to prevent fiscal shortcomings.

Had the owner asked for donations because she was struggling with the running costs then it would be simple and clear-cut.

But this issue of financial support has not been raised - to the best of my understanding and memory - in previous years so we're starting from a ground-zero position and various options are available.

I could sit down for a short while and propose a number of schemes, none of which would need any statement of website finances. I know that others could come up with ideas of their own.
Old 29-08-2020, 01:49 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:

Just as easily those willing to donate could register their interest and the annual bill divided by the number of donors would be the amount we each would contribute.

That way the total financial burden of running this website would be met for a 12 months period. Then we'd repeat the process for the next 12 months and any additional donations would meet any unexpected shortfall.
Old 29-08-2020, 01:53 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:

There may be 2,905 registered members but how many are regulars, let alone active ones, is moot.

There are other, perhaps less-uncertain, ways to address this subject, though, as I have suggested elsewhere.
Old 29-08-2020, 04:15 PM
Newbie ;)

I found an @ in my mailbox asking to post things , I did , not sure what goes on here or why ? but posting stuff is no problem for me . I did and will do it without any expectation, meaning I do not mix in 'energy effects' in anyway
Old 01-09-2020, 09:28 PM
Master
Will the forum continue?