Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Time Travel

Old 31-05-2020, 11:37 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeGood88
I don't even want to go back that far. The 1990s was my childhood in this life, so I want it to be no different, for my next life.

I don't care what it takes, I DO NOT want to have anything to do with the future, in my next life! Be it late 21st or early 22nd century, I don't care.

It's like technology is making us worse, instead of better. Also, I have a general idea of what the dark ages were like. No life nor timeline is perfect.

Do you honestly think I would be content with reincarnating into the future? Maybe if it was 2008 and I was still a young, carefree 20 year old, but not in 2020, where I'm an older, worried 32 year old who has seen things getting progressively worse, over time and seeing no light at the end of the tunnel just seals the deal.

I see were you're coming from and I feel the same way regarding the future. But what can be done about it? That's right, nothing. We are either subject to a tyrannical deity that takes great delight in suffering, or we are subject to the chaotic lawlessness of the universe, which is straight point Darwinism. I think we have only one life to live, and the best thing to do would be to try to make the best of it.

If reincarnation is real or not is up for debate (I'm personally very sceptical about it to be honest) but you may have a better chance in the future, if mankind at some time faces a turning point and makes a drastic change after some 'awakening' event took place. But unfortunately, this is just hopeless New Age optimism and wishful thinking as I truly doubt mankind will ever change. Forget about this peaceful Age of Aquarius nonsense where we're having a beer at an intergalactic pub with our space buddies.
Old 31-05-2020, 11:40 AM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
I just want to add, every timeline sucks. Not specifically this one. A long time ago the average citizen enjoyed watching the very sight of someone getting brutally executed in public or tortured, or forced to participate in a game of life and death in a Colosseum, and not ONE person stood up against this inhuman practices. To most it was the same as watching a game of soccer. Or perhaps would you want to reincarnate back in the early 1900s and live through the first and second world wars? Be careful what you wish for, pal.
And yet somehow through all of this inexplicable evil life still goes on. People still fall in love, find moments of happiness and joy, find beauty and meaning. Perhaps only insane people are happy and want to go on living????
Old 31-05-2020, 11:47 AM
Knower

What's the point in life, if reinarnation isn't real? I guess there wouldn't be one and all life is therefore meaningless and I doubt we have a God that enjoys torture. Why force someone to live a life they don't want? That's why people like Hitler existed, if that's the case.
Old 31-05-2020, 12:35 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
And yet somehow through all of this inexplicable evil life still goes on. People still fall in love, find moments of happiness and joy, find beauty and meaning. Perhaps only insane people are happy and want to go on living????

People also find joy and happiness in the darkest things. A serial killer would pretty much find beauty and meaning with cutting someone to shreds. Love? You mean that romantic couple sitting by the lake? Deep underneath the surface they don't love each other at all. The only possible reason they are in ''love'' is for personal gain. Be it wealth, lust, or simply just for the sake of having kids. The Disney type love is not real. You wanna know where hell is? Not deep down in the Earth's core as religious fundamentalistic nutjobs believe, but it is right here among us and people are the devils.
Old 31-05-2020, 12:43 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
What's the point in life, if reinarnation isn't real? I guess there wouldn't be one and all life is therefore meaningless and I doubt we have a God that enjoys torture. Why force someone to live a life they don't want? That's why people like Hitler existed, if that's the case.

Why force someone to live a life they don't want?

God: It's free real estate

Last edited by Dargor : 31-05-2020 at 04:47 PM.
Old 01-06-2020, 01:33 PM
ketzer

Quote:
People also find joy and happiness in the darkest things. A serial killer would pretty much find beauty and meaning with cutting someone to shreds. Love? You mean that romantic couple sitting by the lake? Deep underneath the surface they don't love each other at all. The only possible reason they are in ''love'' is for personal gain. Be it wealth, lust, or simply just for the sake of having kids. The Disney type love is not real. You wanna know where hell is? Not deep down in the Earth's core as religious fundamentalistic nutjobs believe, but it is right here among us and people are the devils.
Hell is within oneself. They create it either with their perception, interpretations, and their thoughts, or even literally within their consciousness. If one rejects the reality of the light, or insists there can be no light until all is only light, then all they will experience will be a reality composed of the darkness. The light is of course still there, but they refuse to look at it and see it, and object to anyone who points to it as being naive or pollyannish. People are both angels and devils, both reside within the range of expression of each human being. Learning what that means, and how to express oneself, I expect is one reason we incarnate into a world of good and evil. If one wishes to acquire the knowledge of good and evil, they must become thoroughly acquainted with both, without, as well as within.
Old 01-06-2020, 01:49 PM
ketzer

Quote:
What's the point in life, if reinarnation isn't real? ...
I don't know what the point would be. I don't subscribe to the traditional western christian belief that we are created at conception, get one shot at life, and if we get it wrong we are doomed for eternity.

I don't expect that we are limited in our prior or subsequent experiences to life on one tiny planet, as one particular life form, on one linear unbranching timeline of events. IMO, time is eternal, all of eternity exists in the present moment, always has and always will. There are infinitely many worlds and an infinity of experiences for the soul to experience, the vast majority of which I expect are beyond the current comprehension of the limited human mind. Yet, it is my currently limited human mind I do my thinking with. If I wish to comprehend any further, I must open my mind and look beyond my own thoughts, and my own assumptions of what is true or false, what is good or evil. I expect the soul understands far more, and absorbs far more from the life experience, than that limited human mind ever could.

Anyway, my point is don't limit your vision of what you might be capable of creating in your next experience based on what you find wrong with this one. Don't let you past be your sole determiner of your future. When one looks back on a lifetime, even before they have finished it, one often sees how those "bad" aspects and experiences were often the most beneficial to ones growth in wisdom and understanding. However, one will never see this if all they ever focus on is how awful and unfair life can be. There is beauty and meaning in everything, lightness and darkness are both there, don't only focus on the one to the exclusion of the other and believe the next life is your opportunity to fix things and make it all balance out again. IMO, life works, and it is working now, even if it doesn't seem that way to that limited human mind.

Old 03-06-2020, 11:44 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
Hell is within oneself. They create it either with their perception, interpretations, and their thoughts, or even literally within their consciousness. If one rejects the reality of the light, or insists there can be no light until all is only light, then all they will experience will be a reality composed of the darkness. The light is of course still there, but they refuse to look at it and see it, and object to anyone who points to it as being naive or pollyannish. People are both angels and devils, both reside within the range of expression of each human being. Learning what that means, and how to express oneself, I expect is one reason we incarnate into a world of good and evil. If one wishes to acquire the knowledge of good and evil, they must become thoroughly acquainted with both, without, as well as within.

Maybe to a certain degree do we ''create'' our own heaven or hell, but it depends on the circumstances. As to simply look at the light that is supposedly always there is not how it works for everyone. If such are your beliefs then I respect it, but I know as a fact that there is a lot more going on than just that. Some individuals are exposed to different experiences that you could only ever comprehend if you were standing in their shoes, and if you did, you'd definitely see the other picture. Do you know what it would take for someone to reject the reality of light? To have reached past your limit. To have reached out to the light time after time, only to see the light fade away and have your hopes utterly crushed. Such things happen, and this is why I'm more inclined to believe Earth is closer to hell than it is to heaven.

Besides that, I do agree that people can be angels as well. To me the closest thing that resemble angels the most are close friends who are always there for you. But the idea of ''real'' angels with wings and halos is the biggest load of bullsh#t I've ever heard.
Old 03-06-2020, 04:06 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Maybe to a certain degree do we ''create'' our own heaven or hell, but it depends on the circumstances. As to simply look at the light that is supposedly always there is not how it works for everyone. If such are your beliefs then I respect it, but I know as a fact that there is a lot more going on than just that. Some individuals are exposed to different experiences that you could only ever comprehend if you were standing in their shoes, and if you did, you'd definitely see the other picture. Do you know what it would take for someone to reject the reality of light? To have reached past your limit. To have reached out to the light time after time, only to see the light fade away and have your hopes utterly crushed. Such things happen, and this is why I'm more inclined to believe Earth is closer to hell than it is to heaven.

Besides that, I do agree that people can be angels as well. To me the closest thing that resemble angels the most are close friends who are always there for you. But the idea of ''real'' angels with wings and halos is the biggest load of bullsh#t I've ever heard.

I don't mean to imply that there is only light either. Only that there is both and we have some choice in which we devote our attention to. That which we experience becomes a part of us, and if we experience too much darkness, too early in life, then often we become sensitized to always be looking for that darkness, if only to avoid being taken in by it again. Such is the instinct to avoid danger and survive. Yet there is more to the life experience than survival, there is beauty and meaning there alongside the darkness, that which helps to give one a will to survive. One can often see it right through the darkness and even within that darkness itself.

I have gone through many experiences in life, even a few that stand out beneath all of the rest as grindingly unfair and cruel, and I have realized it is not worth trying to get another to understand what it was like to live them. Even if they could put themselves in my shoes and go through it all exactly as I did, they could not understand what I experienced. They are not me. They are just another wearing my shoes. And yet there is a lesson there for anyone to learn. That which we experience is not composed only of what is there or the events, but what we bring into the experience is a major factor in what we find there as well as what we take away. All experiences in life, even the darkest of the dark, still show us an image of what we are inside, something useful to see, I think.

I have been reaching for the light all my life, and have been disappointed time and again, until I no longer think that reaching for the light is the point, though I suppose we are driven to do so to some extent. These days I spend more time trying to notice and appreciate the light that reaches me on its own. I have found that there is a good deal more light there then I first thought. That I had failed to notice it as I was obsessed with the light I was reaching for. The darkness is still there, but so is the light. I try to appreciate the light, and on my better days, try to add some more of my own light to it. What darkness I cannot change, which is the vast majority of it, I remember that in my past, it has been darkness that has generally made me look for and sometimes find that light. If we stop looking and just give up, then eventually the darkness envelopes us and we descend down into our own pit of disrepair and hell.

I have faced mostly devils or demons in my life and can think of very few angels, yet it is still my life to live and I have not yet let them drag me down into that pit from where they always seem to come from themselves. Sometimes I get a little bitter about that. You must have at least once run across a speaker who tries to get everyone to pause for 2, 5, or 10 minutes to think about someone who was a real mentor to them in life, someone who lifted them up and helped to make them who they are. Though I do try, I generally come up empty handed with that exercise, at least as far as in the person flesh and blood mentors go anyway. Yet I can think of so many who have tried to drag me down over the course of my life. Perhaps that was to be my challenge, to stay out of the pit on my own, IDK, and it isn’t over yet so who knows how it ends.

There is both good and evil in the world. I expect it is that way by design and is necessary for the experience I am having, at least it seems so for me. Though I seem to notice more of the evil then the good, I do see the good is there, and whenever (well often anyway) I feel like I am about to give in and be consumed by the evil, I look for the good to remind me that I don't have to become that evil, there are still choices that I have the power to make. One can choose to try to be a slayer of the light or a slayer of the darkness.

“When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, "Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.” ― Fred Rogers

Last edited by ketzer : 03-06-2020 at 08:22 PM.
Old 08-06-2020, 12:19 AM
Knower
Quote:

I also know for a fact angels do exist, they are mostly anonymous. That's entirely the point. They lack an ego. Or they can be your next door neighbor who lent you next month's rent. Even the small little things, matter!

You only use your self-exposure and narrow down angels as close friends, nothing more. That sounds, harsh. And limited. Plenty of people have family, friends, peers, anything that resemble the same. The fact that you acknowledge and speak of the experience of your own conditioning of realism does not mean those who have gone through and EXPERIENCED the opposite, doesn't exists. Random acts of kindness, miracles that are far too coincidental and far in-between to be dismissed are just as factual, all the same. You seemingly have a very strong conditioned victim stance paired with your own narrow-minded view of 'realism' all the same as you seem to inform others on. I shall do the same. Very strong logical and informed pessimism - just how far have you truly tried out the other end? Honestly? You attract what you believe in. You indeed create your own private hell to an extent yourself. Confirmation bias comes to mind and is THE leading contributor to ignorance. Light is felt, not seen. Always have been. I'm very sorry you have a strong stance against it. I respect your view to a point and I sound very critical because I used to be you. Tough love.

How you view the world and your experiences, are all the same. I have been through both and CONSTANTLY put myself in others' shoes (empathy and observance, both) and I find that fact that you call positivity, unconditional love, and angels bull**** to be downright, disrespectful to people like myself. Indirectly calls empathetic people, compassion, VERY REAL human traits, fake. Without that 'Disney love', we'd be in even greater hell.

I've learned to love stronger from going through a lot of ****, buddy. NOT wanting people to go through what I have. Not becoming what I hate. And that's entirely THE point. YOU and your perception of the world and how you wish to live in it creates your own private hell just the same as viewing it, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. There's dual-realism and why both exists in the first place. Your view can be just as naive as someone whom has always had a big heart and empathy, being called fake because those that don't rule the world deem it weak and pointless. Well, without it, we are even more doomed. This cycle keeps the world going through grey stages, constantly. Never truly progressing on deeper levels. So, what do you want to believe in? If you were put in front of a barrel of a gun, will you stick to your views or hope for mercy? In that raw moment, most of us well hope for mercy. That shows the light in us. Empathy for one self IS proof that it can extend to others if you try and let go of the superficial layers and egos and conditioning and just see each other as PEOPLE not threats or lesser. To be wise and informed is to admit that anyone can be more wise than you.

Those that love, and love strongly and unconditionally usually are humble and lack an ego or want anything in return. Simply look at large donations done anonymously on ANY major charities, etc. Recently, there's been out-pourings of people paying bail money for all the protestors anonymously, the things that the media does not PURPOSELY cover for reasons I'm sure you understand with your viewpoint. The media does not have us in mind, whatsoever. Why can't you acknowledge that the light and history washing as fellow factual proof of angels or anything in that positive direction being covered up? Think more grey and neutral and you might actually find that being a fan of light can actually not be naive. You indeed attract what you want in life. I am living proof of it. Believe me or don't.

All the same, having a mindset like yours creates more of the problem. Continues the cycle, closes your heart off unintentionally. and you slowly join hands with the very thing you know eventually turns cold. Sit and lay idle while the truth is never shown, all the same. You have concluded your own truth and no longer seek further knowledge or growth of the world. What does that say about you? No potential ignorance in that? Where is your cynicism when it comes to those with a good heart not getting the proper exposure because they simply do not ask for it. Surely you can find logic in that. Or are you that far gone in your past and down your own conditioned rabbit hole? That buddy, I know very well. I grew up in the ghetto and on my own check by check. And I'm agnostic. This energy, this typing, it's passion, it's hurt, it's not me hating you. It's me feeling you, and worrying that you are too far gone. I'm hoping I get through to you.

Sorry, to come at you like this but you are spreading entirely too much victimized and traumatic negativity with a strong inclination that it's FACT, in here. Relax. We get it, you been through some ****. Most of us has as well. Your realism is so damn heart-breaking and you've become a victim of your own passions. We're alike, yet we're totally not. Facts vs. Facts. Informed and strong love rises from the dirt and ashes. Because being a pessimistic realist gets you stuck no where, fast. Logic. Egos. Eventually, Alone. Seeing the world for what it is can be subjective. Want something to believe in to better it, MOVE. Or don't be it. Don't highlight it either then. It's rather, simple and logical. No? With my new outlook all I see is ignorance with providing an over abundance of manmade facts of the past, the same old cycle that we all know doesn't work and is tainted in EITHER direction. Our true potential of loving beings is purposely being hidden from us.

Here's what I like to say in hopes it gets different wheels spinning. Are you the unloved or the loved? Are you truly biased or unbiased? Surely you can use yourself as an example that light can exist. Somewhere in there. Anytime you crack a smile and feel companionship and happiness, why can't that fact and experience be amplified in others? I don't see nor feel wisdom in any form of pessimism. You better damn well be content and happy with your viewpoint then, because then you are FACTUAL proof that you are wrong and are missing something. No ****, sherlock.

And most certainly do not dare say the world is not full of angels simply because you haven't counted or turned a conditioned blind eye to your blessings. Monsters and Angels exist. We are capable of being either. Except one is purposely blinded by mankind and I dare say, it's the monsters. They're the unloved. The unnatural that bred from greed and indifference. I can respect your view up until you call angels, **. That indeed triggered me. As it would to any equally conditioned person full of empathy who has been constantly called, fake. Thank you very much. I'm right here and I just showed you myself. Will you call me and my disney love, and lawful-chaotic good outlook fake to my face?
The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and… bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant.- Doctor Who ; Vincent and the Doctor

Last edited by SikuX : 08-06-2020 at 01:06 AM.