Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 12-11-2019, 12:05 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
You may receive a lot of advice ... which to believe? Truth isn't decided by majority. The only exit from this dilemma I know, is to get in touch with your inner knowledge for guidance. The more you do it, the better you get at it. Surely, you have to leave behind all your existing beliefs, and not to distort the messages you receive.

There are no demons other than the ones you create yourself through your beliefs and expectations. There aren't many who NDE and report hellish experiences. I believe you're misinformed about that.

One of the main reasons you're here, alive, now, is to learn to not be afraid, as you can't function in the afterlife as long as you're afraid. Over there (as well as over here) your fear creates nightmarish situations. They won't do anything to your soul, but you won't be able to function over-there.

I really should! I have felt that feeling of inner knowing before and in those moments, my beliefs felt truly unbreakable! I would meditate and receive amazing answers and all of it was just through knowing. I also felt an intense feeling of warmth and love. Maybe that's the space I need to be in! I noticed whenever I'm in a more grounded and positive state, I don't worry about such things.
Thank you so much!
Old 12-11-2019, 12:10 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
I like to do research on various subjects.

What I find is the Bible does not necessary say what people say it says.

For example: virtually all Bibles say Moses wrote Genesis but the Bible does not say that. When I look at Genesis in Hebrew, I see many authors writing. Each has their own style of writing and peculiar language that identifies each group. To me, Genesis seems to have been written when the Jews were in captivity in Babylon. The Babylon Talmud was written in this time period. Noting that I suspect Genesis was a style of writing that later evolved into the style the talmud is written. If that is true, then Genesis is a book of opinions which makes sense.

I remember reading a few parts of the bible, but I guess I never looked into the writing or creation of it. That's a big thing to think about too! I realize that I give myself more questions than answers because I don't look at where things came from. You gave me some new ideas and questions to ask myself and I thank you for that because now I might be able to truly understand things for myself.
Old 12-11-2019, 12:48 PM
Angel1

Hi,
Going with your initial question....consider this...
why believe in anything others have said or written...of course,
all of it is still in you, ha!

Rather, Be still, sit in quiet...all disturbances out of the way.
Do this daily - set your intention as you find your comfortable place to sit.
Think what it is you want - the usual is peace, perhaps...clarity?
Understanding?
Once the mind is still (still like most can not imagine), so much will be shown to you inside.
:)
There will be no reason to believe in anything - you will know now.
This doesn't happen overnight, mainly because thoughts may take awhile to be quieted.
You'll figure it out if you really would like to know things.
You may be led to some books of inspiration you have never
known about - guiding you a bit and read them with more understanding...what a wonderful adventure this life of learning is!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 12-11-2019, 01:54 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
WOW, WHAT A POST!

What helps me is trying to get a good, historical on such subjects as you have mentioned.

For example:

When did Hell first appear in the Bible? Did various translations promote the Hell people are familiar with?

One I found interesting is when Guides were first introduced into historical writings? Why are Guides not found in older writings?

What was the catalyst that caused Doreen Virtue to change?

When did Angels first appear in the Bible? Why is it the Hebrew word commonly used for Angels,not always translated in some translations, not as Angels but by different words?

and the list goes on and on......
A lot of the same guidelines do go back farther. At the time most people couldn't read or write so why put it in writing? Stories were past down from person to person. Also before christanity there was wiccan,and pagans. In order to take dominance of the God thing the Christian's destroyed everything they could and what little was written. What writings did survive went underground and hidden away. People who still practice wiccan or paganism remain largely underground even to this day. It was less than 100 years ago people were killed for not believing in christanity. So that why we don't see anything written earlier than the Bible.
Old 13-11-2019, 10:37 PM
Knower

GoldenEmbers, here's my view of your experience for what it's worth:

There is one uncreated, infinite source. Call it God, source, the universe or whatever you will. It is infinite and completely beyond the constraints of created attributes.

When communication occurs between the created finite and the eternal uncreated infinite, it usually comes cloaked in the form of creation in order to make it comprehensible to our finite minds. Some enlightened people do catch rare glimpses of the uncreated infinite without the created mediator, but it is beyond our comprehension to describe it. Hence St. Paul's famous quote "eye hath not seen" etc.

Anyway, early on in the history of humanity, humans imagined these interactions to be carried by celestial winged beings known as angels, which literally just means "messenger". This concept has become embedded in the collective consciousness, and so when people hold any sort of intercourse with the uncreated infinite they typically imagine they're talking to these angels. Similarly, when people see demonic spirits they see them in innumerable different forms, depending on whatever form the person's imagination assumes to be the most horrible. Unfortunately the human mind's capacity to imagine all forms of terrors seems to know no end, while our capacity to envision truth, beauty and light is severely limited - hence we tend to see limited varieties of angels but endless species of demons. I guess the human mind finds the winged angel to be an appropriate symbol to represent celestial wisdom, but the rather cartoonish concept of a guy in red pyjamas on his way to mulch the garden doesn't really suffice to express the full spectrum of terror.

ANYWAY, you clearly have some anxiety about the path you've chosen, and your anxiety has manifested itself in the form of an evil spirit guide. Like all created visions of the uncreated, it's purely your mind attempting to translate non-form into form. As evidence, note that the people who have these experiences always seem to be people with some degree of religious anxiety.

All of this is to say, don't be concerned and you are safe.
Old 15-11-2019, 12:23 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEmbers
Hello,
I am in a great state of confusion and I am very unsure of what to believe in.
In childhood, I believed in Jesus and I had even saw him as my own father.

There were so many Ideas that turned me away from religion. One being, that anyone who committed any sin of any sort, would be cast into hell. This one was the driving motivation of my fear at that time. I was only 12 and really scared of going to hell!

Another idea that had turned me away from religion was the idea that, as a christian, you would have to spread the word to others. I was very shy and found this to be too "preachy", though If you did not even do this, you would go to hell because the person, (if they passed away) would have their blood on your hands and that especially scared me.

Over all, I think I found all of this to be way too much work. To fully know jesus, you would have to repent every one of your sins and be an avid christian. I found that extremely daunting.

Recently, I have come across videos that say, psychics, loa and the entire idea of spiritual practice is all demonic. Of course, this scares the **** outta me! I guess I just got curious and fell down the rabbit hole with such videos.

One that really changed my point of view was Doreen Virtue's conversion from spirituality to religion. It really caused me to think about things and Alot!

A few days ago, I was in meditation (i might have fell asleep partially) and asked my guides if they were there and these really creepy, demonic voices responded. "Yes, we're here!" It could have been a dream, but man, did that scare the **** out of me!!!

It made me rethink this whole spiritual thing. It terrifies me to think that our spirit guides are actually demons in disguise and trying to decieve us. (at least that's what i think at the moment.) It just makes me wonder if psychics are even real. I don't know, are the beings that they are talking with demons or are they actually people who have passed on??? I'm so sorry, I'm just really afraid and confused.

Another question I have is, why do so many people report having ndes that involve hell? A lot of psychics and spiritual people don't believe in hell, but if so, then why are there so many people with near death experiences that report hell? Is hell really just a place of our own energy at the time of death. (hence, do we create it through manifestation?) I'm just really scared.

I hope someone could help me to understand this. I'm sorry, I don't mean to challenge anyone's beliefs, but my own. I guess what I'm searching for is clarity.

the things you are afraid of, all of them, do not originate from the highest source of all. that includes fear of hell and all else you mentioned. the battle scarred soul knows these things having wrestled with them and come out a little into the light of paradise, which children are kin too. Yes, the battle scarred soul is kin to the innocent one. Now that is a relief of pure joy. But do there exist the darker beings. Yes, and from them come the obstacles to overcome. They are untrustworthy and to use an extreme example people messing around with the occult are gonna get their *** in trouble here. The key is discernment and its not so easy, do not worry though, stand tall within yourself (lol as Jesus would say get up and walk! You see the spiritual sense of that?)
Old 17-11-2019, 07:11 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Thank you for clearing all that up. I was honestly very afraid and confused. Whenever I feel that way, I will always look back at this.

I think the idea of unconditional love is awesome! Especially the part about forgiveness. Honestly, Thank you very much!

You are most welcome.
Old 01-05-2020, 09:18 PM
Knower

Quote:
Hello,
I am in a great state of confusion and I am very unsure of what to believe in.
In childhood, I believed in Jesus and I had even saw him as my own father.

There were so many Ideas that turned me away from religion. One being, that anyone who committed any sin of any sort, would be cast into hell. This one was the driving motivation of my fear at that time. I was only 12 and really scared of going to hell!

Another idea that had turned me away from religion was the idea that, as a christian, you would have to spread the word to others. I was very shy and found this to be too "preachy", though If you did not even do this, you would go to hell because the person, (if they passed away) would have their blood on your hands and that especially scared me.

Over all, I think I found all of this to be way too much work. To fully know jesus, you would have to repent every one of your sins and be an avid christian. I found that extremely daunting.

Recently, I have come across videos that say, psychics, loa and the entire idea of spiritual practice is all demonic. Of course, this scares the **** outta me! I guess I just got curious and fell down the rabbit hole with such videos.

One that really changed my point of view was Doreen Virtue's conversion from spirituality to religion. It really caused me to think about things and Alot!

A few days ago, I was in meditation (i might have fell asleep partially) and asked my guides if they were there and these really creepy, demonic voices responded. "Yes, we're here!" It could have been a dream, but man, did that scare the **** out of me!!!

It made me rethink this whole spiritual thing. It terrifies me to think that our spirit guides are actually demons in disguise and trying to decieve us. (at least that's what i think at the moment.) It just makes me wonder if psychics are even real. I don't know, are the beings that they are talking with demons or are they actually people who have passed on??? I'm so sorry, I'm just really afraid and confused.

Another question I have is, why do so many people report having ndes that involve hell? A lot of psychics and spiritual people don't believe in hell, but if so, then why are there so many people with near death experiences that report hell? Is hell really just a place of our own energy at the time of death. (hence, do we create it through manifestation?) I'm just really scared.

I hope someone could help me to understand this. I'm sorry, I don't mean to challenge anyone's beliefs, but my own. I guess what I'm searching for is clarity.

Heaven and hell are states of mind. A positive mind is a heavenly state of mind and a negative one, a hellish state of mind.

Positivity is being a good soul, being kind to oneself first and also others, being strong willed, confident, a fighter, being a good soul and recognizing that all are One, being content, happy what u have, relaxed and at peace.

You can react to negative events in life with Truth. Ie, if someone is bad to you, see them as God/ Truth ie Nothing. Avoid negative and bad people and surround yourself with positive people if possible.

The truth is that heaven and hell is an illusion as really there is Nothing, no image no form, all is just an illusion, it’s just a game to discover Truth and experience pleasure and pain. If you practice Truth, these beings can’t come near you as the light in the game is too strong and you will vibrate at a higher frequency than them. Ignore them and live your life.

Slander and bull**** are just negative beings trying to fool you into sinking down to their frequency and level of unhappiness, you need to accept that even those demons deserve their pain, ignore them and continue with your life.
Old 01-05-2020, 11:51 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulforce
Hey there GE,

you've asked a few thought provoking questions. If you continue to seek the answers they will come and you will see you have nothing to worry about.

Being confused is okay. It's okay not to have all the answers, because you're growing and still maturing physically as well as emotionally. There is no rush to find out what happens on the other side. The main thing that's important is that your curiosity grows stronger every day.

If Jesus is your father that's great! Don't let others define what your father means to you. Ask the father to reveal himself to you and let his light shine on you.

Your inner voice is saying something is wrong with this "truth". This "truth" is not the home that you remember, and what you remember conflicts with what your experiences has been so far in religion (Christianity). However remember that you're loved and will always be loved by God no matter what religion you choose to follow. It's all for you because God lives in you. So listen to his voice.

I did a mission trip once in Japan. And I learned that the most Godly type of Evangelism is showing your love to others. Love dear GoldenEmbers needs no words. It's an action that invokes a feeling of belonging in others. Why is that so complicated? Because unconditional love is so rare humans have made it their mission to build a stairway to heaven when in fact heaven is a place they've never left.

It's okay to feel that way, but whether or not you think you know Jesus, Jesus knows you.

Let me ask you this question. What language do we speak in heaven? If the body is made of flesh and bone, and you move on in spirit, what's the need for a human language? So by through each other's mind we communicate with each another. And that kind of communication is instantaneous.

So repentance, let's talk about repentance. What is it really? It's knowing did something wrong and you feel a sense of shame/sorrow over it. That's the only kind of repentance that matters to the soul. When you know that you did wrong and you wish you hadn't I tell you the truth you've already repented.

God does not need you to speak in the language of a human being and say that you're sorry "please forgive me". Your heart has already done that for you. God needs no time to hear your prayer he has heard it the moment you thought it. The very instant you cried out "PLEASE FORGIVE ME!", it has been forgiven before the moment the first sound has left your lips.

It's human nature to fear what we don't understand. When some one talks about conditional love, we all know it and left it up as truth. But the minute some one exemplifies unconditional love, then it's the uncanny valley (an unsettling feeling when some one does not know if it's human or not.

A psychic is nothing more than just an interpreter or medium between the spiritual world and ours. However you are totally capable of connecting with your loved ones without the need of a medium. When you pray to God, you're listening for an answer are you not? If you hear one than you are a medium the same way that mediums are when they connect with your loved ones on the other side.

Remember the uncanny valley feeling I was talking about. Your brain is trying to translate what it's sensing and it might come across as very strange. Hence we label it demonic. However people who have never heard before hear voices in a strange way until their brain has time to adjust to that frequency.
It's the same with spirituality. BUT, your guides, your true guides won't ever try and scare you. It could be possibly that you picked up the signature of other spirits around you. And they were just playing with you. Don't fear them, they cannot hurt you because your guardian spirit and higher self is will never leave you.

Hahaha no. Your spirit guides aren't demons, and I personally don't believe in such things that religion teaches, because the notion a being exists purely for the pleasure of negativity ignores the natural duality of the universe. Where there is darkness their is light, and where there is light there is darkness. They are the same because we are all connected.

Actually very few people who report NDE's experience a hellish one. Normally they always experience a positive or neutral outcome even if the NDE starts out negatively.

The reason why some people report a hellish NDE has more to do with their need to experience darkness so they can understand that there is light. Remember light and darkness are two sides of the same coin.

Do not worry though, we experience hardships so that we can learn and grow in the light. When you were small your parents must have said no to you once in awhile. When they said no you felt rejected and pain, and you cried, but as you grew older you came to understand that it was for your benefit and you grew to have a greater appreciation for the thing you couldn't have. Love is the same way. Some of us experience a lot of hardship so we understand more what love is by knowing what it's not.

God Bless

sf

Awesome post! Just wonderful I really enjoyed that. Thank you!
Old 07-08-2020, 10:05 PM
Knower

Weird

So I don't know. This is probably an update to this entire post, but I honestly came back here not expecting to see this post. What I mean is, I had completely forgot about it. Well, now for some reason, I decided to log in to tis old account. It's been months since the posting of this and I completely forgot it existed. Even the account.

And it is so strange! I came back here at the right time because I come with the EXACT same set of questions I had asked before. It seems someone is trying to show me something, but that's only because I asked him/her/them to. Sometimes and especially now, I would look up to the sky at the horizon and just internally say, god or whoever you are, if you exist please prove it, reveal to me who you are.

That's when I started seeing major references on billboards, youtube accounts, pins on pinterest, hearing things on the news about jesus or just hearing his name. In one of those particular incidents of looking up at the horizon, I was worried about everything in my life and was crying.

Well, when I got home, (I live in the mountains),I was just taking a walk out on the front of the property and I saw a huge almost fireball (which I latet learned was a meteor and a part of a meteor shower going on on the 28th and 29th of june. ) that pulsated. It was huge and shot through the sky just before it dissappeated. It was seconds that this happened. Somehow I was on the right part of the property, looking at the right part of the sky, in the right direction at the right time. Like god was showing me he existed because I asked.

Not only that, just recently, I've started trying to pray and read the bible. I have bipolar disorder and ussually, I can't do anything because I'm so depressed. When I started all of this, that changed. I was on top of doing chores every day, I took good care of myself and over all was a different person. It shocked me.

I can't say I've completely turned to jesus, but I am definitely comsidering it. I still have that fear of hell, but It's not as bad. Inalso want to note, that as soon as I started seeing jesus' name, I sincerely asked him to show me it was him and that he could work in my life.

I think I got exactly what I asked for. I don't intend to change anyone's belief or offend anyone, this is just a sort of update. Thanks for reading!