Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 12-09-2020, 04:51 PM
Lorelyen

Make a start by trusting the material/physical universe. It's 999‰ reliable. You know the floor isn't going to cave in under your feet (unless there's a sink hole or earthquake about to happen); you can trust a chair or bed (which by a tiny fluke might just collapse but probably won't); you can trust the food you eat (depending on what it is will yield its normal result). People are unpredictable. They'll have to earn your trust.

And find something noteworthy about every day in the physical world that pleases you - nice if it's from Nature but it could be anything.

Have a think about what spiritual ideas and practices have added to your life. If you can't think of anything good you need to rest from it for a while. It will have done some good - or I hope it will - but that may not yet be apparent. At least it's taught you that your current line of enquiry is useless/dangerous.

Most people draw bad entities into themselves because they're messing with forces they really don't understand and haven't though about self-defence. Occultists soon learn to use various devices to make sure an unwanted energy or entity simply doesn't get at them. And if it tries they can take action against it. That's why they have closing rituals at the end of workings and can clean their inner bodies and spaces of any likely intrusion.

There's no easy answer but one thing you must do is decide and know that you can get rid of this thing. Bad entities only bother people from whom they want to take something.
There's some very good advice earlier in the thread about Dion Fortune. Perhaps have a look at that. I won't personally offer any tips about protective paraphernalia as it usually needs consecration of some kind to be any good and you're in enough trouble over that already. But eventually it has to come from you.

And this is just my opinion, about 99% of the stuff you read or youtube from the New Age Spiritual Industry is rubbish. Great traditions have been sacrificed to make it cheap and easy.
Old 12-09-2020, 05:43 PM
Master
Having difficulty to trust is basically always not trusting yourself on a deep level. If you don't know how to go about improving this then go see someone who can help you. A coach, counsellor, and so on.
As for the spiritual, learn to do it properly from someone who knows what they're talking about and what they're doing. This can be online, nowadays you can do intuitive development courses online, but you can also search in your area.
This can be extremely healthy to first cleanse your energy system and body from whatever (huge relief) and then learn how to take care of your energy system (aura, chakras, shielding and so on).
When you learn this from the bottom up it will also begin to build self-trust.

I've struggled for years with a fear that 'they' would be stronger, which always held me back. They being energy beings. One day I did a ritual outdoors in a woods and I came across something that scared the Bejesus out of me. It wasn't anything that was trying to hurt me, but dang was I scared! It took me a long time -as in years- to get over that as it roused that fear.
I think this fear is related to past lives mostly.
In a way it helped that at some point my relationship fell apart and I moved into this house. All alone except for my 2 cats so whenever something is up I have to deal with it myself. That made me feel stronger.

Another important one: know when you cannot handle something yourself. We all have our limits, especially when not so experienced, and even when more weathered there are still things that aren't our forté.
Know when to call in someone else's help who is experienced or an expert in that area.
The same goes for your mental health and personal growth issues: know when to get some help in. Therapist, healers, readers, coaches etc etc aren't there for nothing!
It's a sign of strength to know when you need someone to help and support you, not of weakness.
Knowing when to get help and also doing that will help build trust in Self as well. It helps build a knowing that you can and do take care of you.
You don't have to be able to sort everything on your own. No one can.
Even a great coach will regularly get a coach him/herself so they keep learning and evolving. If your coach doesn't then find another one.
Just to stipulate that seeking support and help is a good thing.
Old 12-09-2020, 06:16 PM
Experiencer
You're so confused that you're hurting yourself!

I'm going to help you achieve clarity, peace & happiness - Inside & Outside

Read this thread about why "Logic is misleading": https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/s...d.php?t=137101

I'm sure that you will have all the logic and reasons in the world why being on caccoon of fear, not wanting to trust anybody is the right thing to do.

Logic is always misleading. Please read the whole thread & everybodies comments there. You're going to find it very useful & practical to yourself
Old 13-09-2020, 01:14 PM
Lorelyen

Pray tell, what's a "caccoon?"
Old 13-09-2020, 02:14 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeajen
Now, a month ago I feel heavily drawn intuitively towards trusting the Universe and whatever God is, problem is I have trauma there so deep, I have been heavily deceived for years, and tricked, and feel pressured to trust.
Traumas that remain unresolved are put into what's called the Shadow Self. Metaphorically it's like a deep, dark dungeon where everything festers and grows bigger and meaner. What happens before the trauma is that we have an experience but then it's how our minds process that experience that makes it traumatic. The trauma is an emotional reaction to your perceptions of what happened - not the event itself. What you're dealing with now is the aftermath of that process.

What I'd suggest is hitting YouTube and searching for "Shadow Work Teal Swan" without the quotes. Teal Swan is very good at this and 'keeps it real', as in she doesn't include any superfluous Spirituality. Find something that suits you personally. Try -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHPI6LucOo0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ure=emb_lo go

I think for you this goes back to certainly your experience with your 'bad Spirits' but perhaps those 'bad Spirits' have a story to tell themselves. I'm guessing that there's something prior to that where this all begins. Now what you're left with is the fear of being attacked again. Those 'bad Spirits' came from your perceptual reality, most likely what Jung would call an avatar of your unconscious mind - they represent something deep inside you. I had a troubled childhood and this is where most of my monsters came from.
Old 13-09-2020, 04:49 PM
Newbie ;)

Thank you for all the advice. I appreciate people caring enough to respond!
Old 18-09-2020, 06:18 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeajen
This is very hard to explain but I honestly don't have anyone to talk to about this. I was into New Age for fifteen years, have always been drawn to it. In 2015, I accidentally invited in bad spirits that taunted me. No method worked, I wore myself out trying things to get rid of it. I was forced to go to Christianity for a few years to find strength. After two years of that, it did not feel right to me either, and i went back and forth a few times miserably.
Now, a month ago I feel heavily drawn intuitively towards trusting the Universe and whatever God is, problem is I have trauma there so deep, I have been heavily deceived for years, and tricked, and feel pressured to trust.
I have physical issues in my gut that the past month have been worse. When I looked it up, it said the spiritual meaning was that I wasn't trusting Source. How can I trust when there is no safety net? I have been burned a million times. Then to top it all off, if you dont trust, you get physical ailments pushing you whether you want to or not.

I do not how to process things. I have acknowledged this, prayed to whatever God I hope is there, and have not seen much yet. I just feel my intuition is telling me I have to trust, but its the hardest thing ever. I dont want to not have boundaries and let anything and everything in so I can be attacked again.

Any advice?
Sorry to hear your situation. If you have trust issues, the first thing you must do is trust yourself. Before and above anything else. Doing this will give you confidence in whatever it is you want to pursue. Follow your heart as it will lead to what and where you need to be. It is difficult to trust other individuals that have wronged you in your past, it certainly doesn't help. I too have trust issues with people as I have been burnt so many times. Most times you have to give people a chance, sometimes you may sense someone may want to burn you. Don't take it as a negative context, look at a positive view. These are the experiences we have to grow and learn from. As for your negative spirit. Send it love, don't feed it fear. Giving it the negative emotions it feeds off from you makes it stronger. Give it love, tell it no longer has any purpose in your life and it is now time for it to leave. Surround yourself in a glowing white light (visualise), do this daily and say that daily in your own worrds. You/we create our own realities. What we put into them is what we get out of them.

Peace and love

Ha ezek lennének az utolsó szavaim, minden jót kívánok az élet során. Ahogy mindent megtettem, hogy figyelmeztesselek. Béke és szeretet mindig - HA

Yes, I spell my alias incorrectly on purpose. To prove I am not perfect. Yet.