Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 15-05-2020, 06:02 PM
Seeker

Newbie!

I have been reading up on Wicca, but I don't know any practitioners myself. My family is all very Christian. If someone wants to help out a budding witch, I would be so grateful. I'm just looking for a mentor and someone to help guide me through this process of learning. Thanks! (And no there are no covens here that I've been able to find.)
Old 19-05-2020, 07:02 PM
Master

Wicca is a religious tradition of witchcraft as you have probably already discovered. So a good place to start might be researching and learning about their holy days - or Sabbats as they are called. There eight sabbats and they are often referred to as the Wheel of the Year. After that there are full moon rituals and some new moon rituals you can learn about. There are also, two different kinds of Wicca. There is the original tradition of Gardnerian Wicca that one has to be initiated into to get the full benefit of it and to get the material that is not published. Then there is the new neo-wicca which most people follow. It's actually more about paganism than wicca but a lot of people enjoy it. So really, that's one off the first things you need to figure out - which path you want to follow.
Old 19-05-2020, 10:22 PM
Lepus

Hello

Read the other threads under Wicca.

Wicca is an Earth based religion that recognize both a God and a Goddess. Some wiccans choose to honor a specific deity from a pantheon and others choose to work with titles. Certain traditions will have you to honor a specific deity and non traditions will allow you be more eccletic because you can choose any deity to work with and incorporate any outside source into practice. However, many will say to have the deity choose you and not the other way around. The Wheel of the Year is celebrated in Wicca and each holy day or Sabbat has a story behind it. In Wicca, they are celebrations of the union of the Lord and Lady or God and Goddess. The Wheel of the Year also reflects the seasonal changes and the birth, life, death and rebirth. The Esbats is mostly geared towards covens and it's during the time of feast, healing, and psychic work during the Full moon. The Esbat is comsidered the counterparts of the eight Sabbats, which marks the Sun's journey through the seasons. The Esbats marks the moon's journey and the connection with the Goddess.

Many seem to forget that Wicca isn't always about reading books and purchasing expensive tools. Go outdoors and walk in nature. The Earth will provide you the tools! Connect with the four elements and feel the energies. Do your part by cleaning the Earth or planting trees or flowers. Preserving the Earth is key to forming a deeper bond or connection with Her. Other spirits will take note and appreciate your work. Walk into the woods or a forest park. Stand near a running water and see how the water flows. Look at the animals and watch their roles on this Earth. Walk barefoot. If you lke, say what is on your mind when walking in nature.

Beginners in Wicca should start taking notes. Meditate and Ground. Learn how to Visualize and Shield. Practice how to cast a circle and invoke the four quarters. Learn how to dismiss the four quarters and close the circle.

You should be able to recieve your tools in nature. Just be patient and keep your eyes open. She rewards those who help Her. I know from experience.

Lepus
Old 23-05-2020, 03:10 PM
Seeker

I'm actually pretty knowledgeable re: what Wicca is (and isn't) and all the things one might do in order to worship/magick. I'm letting my lack of self-confidence butt in and tell me I'm doing it wrong, tho. :/