Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 17-07-2021, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
If you continue to ' Twist ' my words as you have done in your previous incarnations on here I will make it known to the Moderators.
Jesus had a sense of 'Self'- Ego as do all Humans and I have NEVER mentioned He was a sinner, can you please point out the Post Number so others can see your discrepancies.....
I bolded the above.
No one twist words of anyone else.
OR don't make it 'seem' as if they meant something they didn't.

See what I mean?

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 17-07-2021, 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbodhiSky
...Your belief that ego can control your beliefs is like an idea of Satan.
Some malevolent force that can control your beliefs.
I don't believe anything or anyone can control our beliefs.
Well, it's my ego that makes me believe I can have a 3rd Martini, lemme tellya...it's
my spirit, mind, soul, will, my higher self, Christ in me or common sense that fights that and says, Nope.

You could also place (and everyone else, too) 'IMO', before saying most everything here.
Quote:
....This force that can be good or bad, healthy or unhealthy, and it has the power to control our beliefs.
All of that is imagination to me. No such force exists....
In your opinion it is imagination....fine.
It is not imagination to me.
(Reminds me of CS Lewis' book, "The Screwtape Letters", weird name - Uncle Screwtape wrote letters to his nephew - mainly
about Man and how easily manipulated he is.
The devil has many tricks in his toolbox ---Example: Ok, let's see, some men
have decided not to murder ---well, let's tempt him with lust.
Oh, this guy has overcome lust, too?
Let's be more clever, throw him a curve and influence him to argue, that he is correct in his pride and Self-righteousness and his judgments!!! Yes!
Anything to stunt his growth towards truth and sway his attention from God!
Let's place him in power and start WARS!

My personal summary of the book.

A child knows and an adult knows what is bad for them to do...reaching for the cookie they were told not to...
reaching for an adulterous relationship they know is wrong.
I believe a ''force'', most certainly, exists ...and thus, why Christians must put on their armor everyday
and be spiritual warriors against this force - by whatever label or name or concept.
All the above is what I believe..and no one else has to.

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 17-07-2021, 02:13 PM
Master
I think you are missing the point.
Ego, and sin is about this organic situation we are in.

So, again, there is the spiritual existence, and their is the organic existence. We are born into sin.

These things ought to be obvious as you read the NDE accounts.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 17-07-2021, 02:13 PM
Molearner...in case you think you're seeing things I erased everything I said and thus you're 2 responses...
not because I'm a Mod ...I could have asked a Mod to do it. (Many ask me to delete threads and posts of theirs!!
Ha! Sometimes 15 threads they have started! And I do.)
Didn't want you to think I was being sneaky so am telling you here in the open. Thanks.

Old 17-07-2021, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
I think you are missing the point.
So, again, there is the spiritual existence, and their is the organic existence. ...
I do understand the flesh/human situation we are in this 3rd dimension full of
temptations and distractions to overcome and our spiritual existence, Morpheus.

Old 17-07-2021, 07:42 PM
AbodhiSky

I would reason if God made soul or spirit, God designed this human body and it's brain/mind, it's drives as well. So the "struggle" between ego and spirit was meant to be. To me, the why is for spirit to grow and evolve and learn new skills, develop more awareness and understanding, the two go together really. Awareness and understanding.

This is a physical lower vibration world created for spirit to evolve. To become more aware. To impose our nature, spirit, over the lower energies and natures.

That reminds me of the whole, "make your ego healthy" philosophy some are promoting here. God designed ego to be self centered and selfish and all the rest. Aggressive, pointing at others, mean etc. It gets angry, addicted to food or sex or alcohol or drugs and all the rest. It even gets addicted to hate and anger and conflict. It can habitually be negative and always pointing out how others are wrong. Stuck in those negative destructive patterns. It is like that by design. So that we get tired of being that way, suffering in various ways because of it, causing suffering to others in various ways, and so we look for a way out. Then the way out is higher awareness and love. Imposing our qualities and attributes of spirit onto this lower realm and it's energies. Making spirit foreground, instead of background.

The concept of "control" is interesting. It is like being in a car on a track at Disneyland and not knowing you have the power to take the wheel and steer it wherever you want, even off that track, out of that ride. Why we don't is a matter of awareness. It's like hitting your head on a low tree branch every day when you walk to work. Eventually, you get more awareness due to this suffering and you look and notice more, are aware of more, then you can duck.

So the bad is good eh. It is a world designed for us to wake up. To grow in awareness.
Old 17-07-2021, 07:52 PM
AbodhiSky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus

So, again, there is the spiritual existence, and their is the organic existence. We are born into sin.

I have read between life memories some have shared about when the soul is merged with the human body and it's brain/mind around the time of birth. Then usually all past life memories are blocked, knowledge of our true identity is blocked. So we start from there. Experiencing life and reality from the point of view of this body and it's brain and mind. That is basically being born into sin like you say. We are "one" in a sense with a lower vibration physical being.

Then over time we develop an ego, due to this self centered frame of reference and then the butting heads with others starts. A few find the way out, teach others, religions are formed and all the rest. Lights in the darkness.
Old 17-07-2021, 08:31 PM
AbodhiSky

The ego finds it's identity asserting it's differences or conflicts with others. The spirit, in contrast, finds its identity in love for others. Nice little talk on ego verses spirit here:

Quote:
"We can choose to allow our ego to run our lives or we can choose to allow God to run our lives."

https://www.archbalt.org/the-ego-vs-the-spirit/
Old 17-07-2021, 09:27 PM
Molearner

Feeding the ego is big business….gotta have those likes on Facebook…the premise behind all advertising….it has had exponential growth in our lifetimes…we like to believe that all things evolve to higher levels…..will this progress be manifested in spirituality ? Or does it become less likely ?
Old 18-07-2021, 11:36 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
The Holy Spirit, itself, is a grace of God and it is not given to those that are filled with pride…..I.e. those with big egos.
Then God has an ego too, and is judgemental, and if you use the term 'the ego; then sorry, you don't understand at all. By using the term 'the ego' you are talking about YOUR ego and falling into the ego trap of believing yourself to be beyond ego.