Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 11-10-2023, 06:14 PM
Administrator
Hello

I know as a Medium that something lives on when one passes....now is that afterlife or simply residual energy that is left behind. I do feel that we are more than the one lifetime we come into. I do feel that we come back again.

I have always felt that we are two levels of being that which is the flesh and blood we are in the life we are now in, when we die that part of us is Spirit and that is what I can connect with.

The other part of us is that Soul that is a combination of many beings that reincarnate over and over. This is that part of us that science so wants to understand are we more than the sum our parts ?

It would be pretty sad to live a life and to die and find out that is all she wrote....that there is nothing more.

Right or wrong I guess we all have to wait to find out....no rush for me on that side of life.

Lynn
Old 11-10-2023, 07:13 PM
Master
As for me, I got a 'feeling' we are all wrong and that there is more to what goes on but it is far beyond our comprehension.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 11-10-2023, 11:03 PM
Master
The mind/body comprehension, perceives/understands as it is and can at any given time. So your view/my view relates as our experience only can.

My experience with spirit matters has opened me to see that, the interconnected nature of life, is a continuum even in death, so there is ‘activity’ that both affects and directs us. Our interpretation is based upon our ‘current’ state of awareness. So in the case of ‘spiritual’ intervention or ‘connection’ to spirit matters, it’s often determined, by our ability to translate what is presented to us, only as far as we know at any given moment in our life.

I’ve never been shown heaven, as a place ‘somewhere’ but rather I’ve been shown a place that at the time I perceived as heaven. It was as a ‘pure light’ state of being. Everything was clean and pure white. It was a spontaneous opening through deeper release as one. At the time I was undoing all belief and conditioning so my perception naturally attuned to heaven simply because somewhere in me had this belief.

In understanding now, I see that it represented a clean and pure state of being. A connection through new symbolism created inwardly rather than outside of me. I’ve had other experiences in the depth of my own darkness whereby the scene has been ‘black’. So both sides of myself, spirit and matter were determining the scene both times.

I believe Nde also acts in this way. When someone is near death, the mind body has surrendered to know more, to understand more to life as its own increment and piece of the whole. So it’s just another form of ‘opening’ the mind body to live and experience itself differently. To shine ‘more’ upon the experience when the person begins again. To open one’s awareness to a greater degree of life understanding.

In seeing life as a continuum, it means that everything experienced is temporary arrangement, it’s a process, so perhaps heaven too, is place that you pass through to understand the nature of life as a ‘whole’. How you move through ‘yourself’ and embrace everything, that opens in you. All of you.

My process and experiences, has allowed me to understand ‘heaven on earth’ / heaven as myself. It’s a state of being/open, clear and in peace of my being. It’s embracing everything within yourself.

What happens after death doesn’t concern me now.
Old 06-11-2023, 06:21 AM
Ascender

I know there is an afterlife. I've experienced visitations all my life, from humans and animals. The earliest was when I was maybe 5 or 6 and our dog was killed in front of my eyes. My sister and I were with our dad at the local dump. We were getting ready to leave and Dad whistled for our dog and she came running to the car at the same time a very large dump truck was coming down the road. The truck hit her and she died instantly. I don't remember how long it was after she died, but I was in bed asleep and woke up. I sat up and looked down on the floor and our dog was asleep on the rug next to my bed. We had a nightlight on in our room and I could clearly see our dog sleeping on the floor. I was really excited and happy and ran downstairs to tell my mom and dad that I had just seen our dog. They tried to convince me that I had dreamed it. But I hadn't.

My youngest brother died 6 years ago and the night after he passed, I was in the bathroom with the door closed and I heard the sound of his bedroom moccasins going down the hall to the bedroom that he used. I was his caregiver while he was going through treatment for stage 4 oral cancer. His moccasins had rubber soles so they made clunking shuffle noise when he walked down the hall. I know there is an afterlife.
Old 06-11-2023, 06:23 AM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
I have never been able to understand why any sort of afterlife should have anything to do with religion or any other belief system.

I believe that religion became a 'thing' to help explain the unexplainable to early civilizations and then became away to control society.
Old 07-11-2023, 02:49 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler
I know there is an afterlife.

Yes, me too.

Thank you for sharing your story.

I can relate because when I lost my childhood dog (I was a teen when he died) - I heard him walking on the stairs, etc.

He gave us a lot of signs, he really was a sweet dog.

As a grown-up, I also got signs from my two cats after they left their bodies. Our pets are family members and the strong bond we have with them never goes away.

Even my husband saw one of our cats in the hallway - he is a scientist, so I loved that he had that experience.
Old 13-11-2023, 03:34 PM
Experiencer
This is a strange and hard topic. But from what I know, both Science and most religion agrees that something happens when we die. Science says energy is indestructible, and everything is energy. This is law, and not theory either. Energy will change form though... I believe dying is this change of energy. And it's always there and always been there from the moment of the bang. I believe if we take away that theory of time, that manmade concept of time, we can easily understand that there is no past life, or life after death, or life before death, or any of that. It comes out to be that life is constant and is always. This energy, this frequency, whatever you call it, it's always.
Old 13-11-2023, 03:46 PM
Master
I would say, on this specific topic it is neither. I think it's far more complex than either could even begin to understand.
Old 10-12-2023, 01:06 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Lockwood
The majority of people in Western countries deny the existence of the afterlife because it is contrary to the scientific consensus. Christians do believe in an afterlife but this is dependent on accepting Jesus as their saviour. Spiritualists believe we all transition to the afterlife as confirmed by the Padgett messages, Robert Hugh Benson/Anthony Borgia, Yogi Ramacharaka, Arthur Findlay & many others. So who is right?

Someone else being right would be believing someone else’s belief, and by definition a belief isn’t true.

With ample inspection, crazy as it may initially seem, the Holy Grail lies in questioning the validity of the belief one is alive, and the duality of life & death.