Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 30-08-2023, 04:07 AM
Ascender
Do we start over after our body death?

Do we lose what we have gained in this life? We have our soul, what about other aspects of our selves? Do we have a choice? If you are sensitive, will you always be sensitive? If you channel, will you still be able to channel? Clean slate vs keep on trucking?

I know this is probably here somewhere on this forum. Please guide me to the correct thread. Thanks.
Old 30-08-2023, 10:12 AM
Experiencer

It's a wide topic, gemma, but no we do not lose what we learned from our experiences here on this earth.

We don't HAVE a soul so much as we are soul/spirit that can undertake life in a physical form. One's soul can be thought of as progressing along the path it chose for itself, maybe meandering at times and at others perhaps losing direction.

Your 'status' in the life/lives ahead will be influenced by spiritual progress but may also be constrained by the physical life you have chosen. If your spiritual progress thus far enables you to communicate from this world with souls/spirits in the next you will not lose that attribute. But you may choose not to use it in a further life or perhaps things will not work out as intended even when you DID plan to use that attribute.

Things in this world don't always go to plan.....
Old 30-08-2023, 05:56 PM
Master

According to the afterlife literature the personality remains unchanged in the immediate aftermath of physical death. The biggest change is that the personality no longer has a physical body.

Which is why some people struggle to accept the fact that they have "died". They still exist just as they were when physically alive, when maybe they expected that physical death would be the end of everything.

At a later stage the astral (emotional) body is also discarded, subsequently followed by the lower mental body. Thus the previous personality ceases to exist. But Consciousness remains, having absorbed all the lessons of its past personality experience.

You speak of those who are sensitive and those who channel. These seem to be qualities and activities of physical life which penetrate the barriers between the physical plane and the more subtle planes. Maybe they become redundant once we leave the physical plane and find ourselves on one of the more subtle planes.

Those who channel during their physical life will possibly want to continue to channel in the afterlife. No doubt the astral realms are filled with people doing all sorts of activities based on their Earthly interests. But who would they channel? Who would come and listen to them? People go to channels on Earth because they believe that these channels might have access to information which is not available to the average person. But after death is there any need to go to a channel for higher information? There seem to be plenty of teachers only too happy to share their knowledge.

So by all accounts nothing is lost at death except the limitations of physical existence and (at a later stage) the limitations of personality existence. We just keep on trucking.

Peace
Old 30-08-2023, 07:35 PM
Administrator
I always remember when I used to go to a Healing sanctury I was just sitting in the quiet. all of a sudden I heard running footsteps but they were on Cobbled streets.
Everyone there heard it. all of a sudden I was lifted off my seat and went over
To a woman who looked downcast.
I just put my hands on her shoulders and she started to cry.

Not because I was hurting her but I was giving her Healing, the spirit that worked through me was Doctor when he was Alive and he carried on working through people a few times.
He has worked through me a few times He lived in the vallies of south wales
his name was Dai Davies.
So you can keep on doing in the spirit realm what you did here.

Namaste
Old 02-09-2023, 11:03 PM
Ascender
Thank you all for the beautiful posts/stories...its motivation for me to keep learning and growing on this journey called life.
Old 03-09-2023, 02:23 AM
Seeker

I would think if we completely start over... there would be no point in going around again. If you believe that something continues from life to life, it would make sense that there is some type of progress possible. ��
Old 08-09-2023, 10:30 AM
Master

Hi Gemma, I've got to say that I would not relish having to come back over and over as a sensitive. It has been a very lonely journey at times and one where I have been vastly misunderstood for most of my life.
I fully appreciate that in many ways it is a gift, but I feel that gift comes at a price.
So I was so pleased that you asked that question in your opening thread "if you are a sensitive will you always be a sensitive ?"....
Old 10-12-2023, 01:18 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemma
Do we lose what we have gained in this life? We have our soul, what about other aspects of our selves? Do we have a choice? If you are sensitive, will you always be sensitive? If you channel, will you still be able to channel? Clean slate vs keep on trucking?

I know this is probably here somewhere on this forum. Please guide me to the correct thread. Thanks.

All that ‘goes’ are thoughts (beliefs) and perception. In truth, in accordance with direct experience, thoughts and perception aren’t things, as in separate objects. So no thing is ever in actuality gained, and thus no thing is ever actually lost.

It might seem so in accordance with the belief in souls, especially as an aspect of selves. With some scrutiny it can be noticed these arising, or appearing thoughts don’t actually define any separate ‘things’ ‘in’ perception. There is an experience of thoughts & perception, only in believing thoughts or taking thoughts to be true or truth, does it seem there is any separation in terms perception; seeing, hearing, etc.

Likewise it can be noticed the actual experience of ‘choice’ is not of a thing of perception, but of the thought, ‘choice’. For choice to be an actual experience, two thoughts would have to be simultaneously experienced, and a chooser would be present, which chooses one of the thoughts. In accordance with direct experience, there is never an experience of two thoughts at the same time. Only one appearing thought after another, as if in linear time.

There is in fact so actuality of a ‘non sensitive being’. Our shared if you will, infinite being, is indeed, sensitive, and is only seemingly ‘covered’ or obscured by the activity of, thought, and the believing of thoughts or of course most simply put - beliefs. Believe the truth of what’s found upon scrutiny of direct experience, rather than directly experiencing beliefs.

As beliefs are dispelled & incessant thinking is brought to rest, which can be an emotionally challenging process, the truth of ‘channeling’ most joyfully revealed & experienced.