Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 03-01-2012, 05:43 PM
goldentimes

Post witchs and wiccans tools

Hi there, I have been doing witchcraft for many years now but only the basics, but now I got some wonds that I would like to use (as I haven't used wonds before in rituals and spells). I would like to know how to use wonds and when to use them?

Can you help
Old 03-01-2012, 06:56 PM
Master
Hiya gt ! You probably need an answer from a more formal user than I, but here is my input. I don't use wands as such, occasionally I might use a twig that I pick from the ground. I consider that any tool that you make yourself has more energy than any shop-bought item. I do have a staff [actually a walking pole] made from a Chestnut branch and a Swiss Army knife rather than an Athame.
Old 03-01-2012, 07:37 PM
Occultist

Your thread is Witches and Wiccan tools? Your a Witch who wants to use a Wiccan tool? Wands are just a divinaton tool an extention of your hand. I found a stick painted it attached shells and sand and feathers and stones unto it and its in my home. I dont consider it a Wiccan tool however.
Old 04-01-2012, 10:39 AM
goldentimes

Hi occultist, that is a good point. As I work alone, my belives are like wiccans but has a little touch of pagans. So thats why I call myself a witch. in my heart I love my sun god, the 4 faces of the moon-goddesses as well as mother earth-with her mother nature.
I have to buy my wands as I do not have woodlands near me, but the wands I have got I'm hoping to dress them up so they become my own and has my energy

Can you use wands within a spell and/or rituals?

I would like to thank norseman as it all helps me.
Old 06-01-2012, 11:44 PM
Quintessence

You can use any implement however you like unless you're part of a tradition that expects you to adhere to specific rules.

The wand is probably the one implement I use most often as far as more ceremonial things go. It directs energy; most of the time I just use my hands and fingers, honestly. Some believe the wand is linked to a particular elemental energy and will use it for that sort of thing in particular, but for me the wand is quintessential.
Old 07-01-2012, 12:52 PM
LadyMoondancer

as quint says, you can do what you want unless your tradition or coven teaches you to do things a certain way.

For myself, I don't have a wand. I use the forefinger of my right hand. I do have a pentacle, I don't have a besom. I have a bunch of little things like small china souffle cups to hold offerings or water/salt. I have a whole bunch of candleholders and candles. Incense burners, a few little statues of my patron goddesses, Selket, Sekhmet and Bast. An assortment of oils and incenses. I don't have an altar. I set up a wooden tv table that I cover with a tempered glass 'cutting board" to keep wax off the table. I have a few different colored "altar cloths" that I place between the tabletop and the glass. I don't adhere to any specific placing of stuff on my altar - I just put the things where I can get at 'em. Incense does go in the back so the smoke doesn't get in my eyes. I might put a few crystals and sprinkle some herbs on the altar. On the floor underneath the altar, I keep an ashtray, matches, some kleenex (to wipe fingers after anointing candles with oils and herbs).
For some reason, I like to face my altar to the north, in the middle of my living room and then my cat Pippin wanders over and sets himself on the floor - always at the southwest corner of the altar. My other cat Samantha, before she went to be with Bast, would always come sit next to me when I would do this one spell to store power - like she wanted some of it too.

Basically, all tools are items designed to focus your mental energies. As you become more experienced, you will find that you don't need all the little "crutches." But I like to use them. Somehow, they make me feel more "witchy" when I dress in my long blue dress and I have a bunch of candles and incense going. Although I have done simple things wearing my jeans or pjs and using only one little candle.

One time I went to the chapel in the hospital where I worked - on my lunch break (2am, as I work nights). I was in my nursing uniform, no candles, no incense, no nothing but me. And I raised energy and did what I came to do.

It's all very personal.