Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Philosophy & Theory

Old 30-12-2020, 12:30 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartholomew

In a simple declarative sentence the purpose of (human) life is to gain wisdom, all that the Earth can teach us.

Human souls are born (created) on their own plane in a state of innocence. The journey begins. Through the application of knowledge they will become wise. And then they will be ready to “ascend” to the post human stage of spiritual evolution. It is true that one can learn everything that is needed while yet in the spiritual realms (heavens) but this is insufficient. It is not knowledge that frees us but wisdom and wisdom is the child of experience. In the heavens it is not possible for souls to associate for very long with others of differing positions in growth… We can learn but we are hard pressed to gain through experience. So we come to a physical world. On a planet such as this one it is possible to meet and overcome adversity. This is the mechanism which produces the needed wisdom. This is the path to freedom (ascension). This is the immediate purpose of human life on a world. I say immediate. This truly is only an introduction to a much broader landscape.

There is much more to this story as we might well imagine. In essence though the above says it all.

Blessings to us all,

Bartholomew

Well done brother Bart. Your simple declarative statement seems simple enough. And I really don't find anything amiss in the rest of the post either. I pretty much agree. Yet, where things get complicated for me is in this wisdom thing. Knowledge does not free us, but I have often found it is rather helpful to attaining what seems, at least in hindsight, to be wisdom. Yet at other times it turns out it was the mistake of relying too much on knowledge, or mistaking knowledge for truth, that caused me to mistake foolishness for wisdom. I must admit it can be a bit aggravating for a moment or two when knowledge, as it often seems to do, doubles back upon itself and blocks its own path. Or just as often, it seems that one has gotten a hold of an exciting new piece of knowledge, and it seems it is about to lead somewhere new, only to find that one has gotten ahold of one's own tail and is just running in circles. Despite all that, I do like knowledge, but I am more wary of it then I was when I was younger.

I like to think, or perhaps it is just hope, that I have gained a bit of wisdom in this life as I have often paid a rather steep price in experience. Don't ask me what that wisdom is, as I have found that the more I can define it, the less likely it is to actually turn out to be wisdom. Even when I feel rather sure it is wisdom and not foolishness, when I try to explain it, what comes out of my mouth always seems to sound to me like a foolish babble.

Better just to tap in to that keg of ale you monks are so famous for and then we can babble for a good reason.
Old 30-12-2020, 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
Well done brother Bart. Your simple declarative statement seems simple enough. And I really don't find anything amiss in the rest of the post either. I pretty much agree. Yet, where things get complicated for me is in this wisdom thing. Knowledge does not free us, but I have often found it is rather helpful to attaining what seems, at least in hindsight, to be wisdom. Yet at other times it turns out it was the mistake of relying too much on knowledge, or mistaking knowledge for truth, that caused me to mistake foolishness for wisdom. I must admit it can be a bit aggravating for a moment or two when knowledge, as it often seems to do, doubles back upon itself and blocks its own path. Or just as often, it seems that one has gotten a hold of an exciting new piece of knowledge, and it seems it is about to lead somewhere new, only to find that one has gotten ahold of one's own tail and is just running in circles. Despite all that, I do like knowledge, but I am more wary of it then I was when I was younger.

I like to think, or perhaps it is just hope, that I have gained a bit of wisdom in this life as I have often paid a rather steep price in experience. Don't ask me what that wisdom is, as I have found that the more I can define it, the less likely it is to actually turn out to be wisdom. Even when I feel rather sure it is wisdom and not foolishness, when I try to explain it, what comes out of my mouth always seems to sound to me like a foolish babble.

Better just to tap in to that keg of ale you monks are so famous for and then we can babble for a good reason.
Did you notice how 'knowledge' in your post lined up ! Look.
It doesn't do it in the quote box.
Like the stars - must mean something

Best wishes to James always. Come back anytime.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 30-12-2020, 02:10 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I wonder if you learn on other planes when you stub your toe
not to scream profanities with children around?

I found it amusing that you should mention "not to scream profanities" as I have always been uncomfortable with profanities with anyone. Let me share a story with you.

Many years ago, when I was a Vice President and Department Manager in trading systems at Merrill Lynch, one of my colleagues told me a funny story and we were both laughing aloud in my office. Later, my secretary, who was outside my office at the time, asked me to tell her what we were laughing about .

I told her that I couldn't repeat the story because it had a "bad word", the "F-word" in it. She responded that she was familiar with the word and asked again if I could repeat the story.

I then told her the story but, when I came to that word, I couldn't say the word and just said literally the "F-word" instead of the word itself. Of course,that ruined the story.

She broke out laughing anyway but for a different reason. She said that the story itself wasn't particularly funny .... but the funniest part was that I stumbled awkwardly and couldn't say that "bad word" even when given permission to do so.
Old 30-12-2020, 02:30 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Did you notice how 'knowledge' in your post lined up ! Look.
It doesn't do it in the quote box.
Like the stars - must mean something

Best wishes to James always. Come back anytime.
It does not line up on my screen either, no matter how I change the zoom.

Like the stars, I suppose the words don't always seem to line up the same for everyone, nor even for the same person depending on how they look at things.
Old 30-12-2020, 02:30 PM
Master
Quote:
The use of the word "planes" on a forum which deals with spirituality refers, not to airplanes or airports, but to those subtle, less tangible concentric sheaths which surround the hard Earth. These are not known to science but they are to those who regularly interact with them. Here are a couple of examples:

1. A couple or three decades back my wife and I were visiting with a lady friend of ours when she, with a look of fear on her face, told me, suddenly, that "something terrible just happened in Texas". (her exact words) The next day we all read and heard about the Waco incident. How did she know if the physical Earth is all there is? She could not have known if our minds result from only the electrical/chemical processes of our brains. But she did know and the reason is because our physical brains are more than just physically reactive things. They are much more. They have the ability to act as receivers of information coming from various subtle planes which are a very real part of the planet (and other worlds too). Please read on for a description of how this works. This is a true account. I DO NOT lie.

2. Military remote viewing. If it was nonsense the military would have never used it. Regardless of what we hear they still use it. And so do the Chinese and Russian intelligence organizations. They say they quit only as a form of disinformation, to deflect attention. They still use it. Remote viewing works when a woman or a man is sufficiently sensitive to the astral plane. They then, using their (mid range) minds, think of a specific location on the physical Earth and are able to sympathetically connect with other humans at that site. Language is no barrier because telepathy is being used. Our CIA is well aware of all this even if they do not fully understand how it works. It's real. It is not nonsense. Note: regardless of what they say they are still very much engaged with the practice. They are using disinformation to dissuade us to the contrary).

You must be interested in aspects of spirituality or you would not be on this forum. Why are you here if you do not believe? Visualize the Earth in three dimensions. Now see it as a series of concentric shells. The hard physical is the first. The liqueous extends a bit further away from the center. Next is the gaseous (atmosphere)... further still. Here mainstream science stops because science has not yet been able to quantify the less than physical components of the universe. The next shell is not physical material. It is generally not detectable except for the Kirlian photography which is able to detect it. Auras are made of ethereal matter. This next shell is, as we call it, the ethereal shell. Want to see ethereal matter? OK sit someone down on a chair in a dim light. Have them undressed, waist up. Make sure there is no alcohol or other depressants in you (that will lower your vibes) then look at them. Now let your eyes go slightly out of focus and gaze just to the side of their body. If your vibes are high enough you will see a very strange, blueish glowing all around them where their skin is exposed. From 1/8th of an inch to about 3 inches it is, depending on their health. This is the lowest of the spiritual planes, the ethereal. And how are you seeing it?
Our pineal glands are made of two parts. The inner serves as our connection apparatus to the subtle, higher worlds. The pineal is known to be concerned with various hormones. This is the overt function. There is another. There does exist a very small pocket of very light blue liquid which resonates at a frequency that is much higher than anything which has been identified in our physical spectrum. Einstein knew about his and wrote of it. He was one of many men and women who were capable of knowing about things and realizing that they couldn't be quantified or proven.
He didn't let this stop him. he knew. "I want to know God's thoughts. The rest are details" (A. Einstein) There is a direct physical connection between the pineal and the visual cortex. Why is this and what's it for? Why would melatonin want to use such a pathway? This is the avenue through which we perceive visions. When a psychic exclaims she or he has "seen" something it is this very real channel that is in play.

Please study these things. Don't take my word for it. And try to be open minded like a good scientist.

The next of the subtle concentric shells is the astral (emotional) plane. This is the one which is the most active in biological life on our planet. If it could be seen with our physical eyes it would appear as a three dimensional shell surrounding the Earth out to a distance of about 26,000 miles. The next is the mental shell and so on. These are all valid parts of the Earth without which no life (biological or otherwise, could exist).

At this point the occultist would consider the law of correspondences and look to the solar system as a whole. She or he would easily see the very same arrangement, with variations.

Spirituality, like so much in our human experience, has been subjected to nothing more than sensationalism. This is a pity. Such things happen because we humans are too strongly ruled by our lower, desire, minds. When we are thus engrossed can we be expected to soar to the heights of knowledge and wisdom? Not hardly but we spend lots of time in the lower planes thinking that messages and ancestor worship are the epitomy of spiritual practice. It is not.

Physical matter exists. Astral emotional matter exists. Mental matter exists. These are the basics of the composition of the Earth "system" without which we could not survive. The concentric shells of subtle matter are the heavens of the Earth that are so often spoken of. Heaven is not some magical place where we go to sit around with smiles on our faces in some irrational setting. Heaven is the higher correspondence of the Earth. Here we live between our physical lives, with purpose. Those who do not believe it would do well to set their prejudices aside and seriously investigate, incorporating their own psychic experiences.

Thanks... It is perfectly OK if you do not believe the same things that we do. I ask that you be good enough, though, to allow us our convictions. And perhaps you will be more generous with your comments. Forgive me for my manner.

This is not a channeled message from Bartholomew. It's from me, James.

Once again, I enjoy reading your posts as we are in sync on the points you raise though our terminology may differ.

As you know, I had my first inkling of "remote viewing" quite suddenly and unexpectedly over 50 years ago during a near death experience. Since I had not been exposed to such information previously, it was understandably mind-boggling and life-transforming as it became undeniably clear that there was a vantage point from which one could see not only one's body from afar but also the vast panorama of existence (nearby as well as remote).

The panchakoshas (five bodies of man) in Hinduism closely correspond to what you wrote with the physical body and the astral/emotional body and the mental body being the first three of the bodies. One gets glimpses of "remote viewing" spontaneously as needed when the situation demands it so there is no question whatsoever regarding the validity of what you wrote .... both through literature (vicariously through others) as well as through one's own direct experiences.

Baird Spalding once wrote about an interesting experiment with Polynesian fisherman who, without the aid of instruments or the stars, were taken to an unfamiliar location and were able to find their way back home quite easily. When asked how they were able to do that, they simply responded that they went to the point from which everything originates and were able to navigate their way back home from that vantage point. "Remote viewing" is more common in various cultures than most people would suspect.

This is an interesting subject. I hope that you write more about this.
Old 30-12-2020, 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters

This is an interesting subject. I hope that you write more about this.
Hi,
OK, let's make it known on this thread ---James has closed his account here.

He is welcome back anytime.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 30-12-2020, 04:58 PM
Master
Quote:
Thanks Big John. ...

I hope we can meet again.... perhaps in the Healing Room... Maybe you should take it over. No destroyer has soiled it yet.
I hope none does. I give it to you to manage. And Lady Pumpkin is lonely. She yearns for a behind the ear scratch... ha ha

You brought tears to my eyes......

I would be delighted to take over the Healing Room. I am deeply humbled by your words.

THANK YOU
Very much.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 31-12-2020, 08:21 AM
Master
Quote:
Hi,
OK, let's make it known on this thread ---James has closed his account here.

He is welcome back anytime.

I am sorry to hear that James (Bartholomew) has closed his account here. I hadn't expected that.
Old 31-12-2020, 11:10 AM
AbodhiSky

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
It does not line up on my screen either, no matter how I change the zoom.

Like the stars, I suppose the words don't always seem to line up the same for everyone, nor even for the same person depending on how they look at things.

it probably depends on the dimensions of ones monitor screen as well, we all live in our own worlds! everyone has a totally different bank of knowledge and experience we use to "see" so no seeing is the same, no two people can experience the same thing, we just think we do
Old 31-12-2020, 04:50 PM
Ascender
Quote:

In a simple declarative sentence the purpose of (human) life is to gain wisdom, all that the Earth can teach us.

Human souls are born (created) on their own plane in a state of innocence. The journey begins. Through the application of knowledge they will become wise. And then they will be ready to “ascend” to the post human stage of spiritual evolution. It is true that one can learn everything that is needed while yet in the spiritual realms (heavens) but this is insufficient. It is not knowledge that frees us but wisdom and wisdom is the child of experience. In the heavens it is not possible for souls to associate for very long with others of differing positions in growth… We can learn but we are hard pressed to gain through experience. So we come to a physical world. On a planet such as this one it is possible to meet and overcome adversity. This is the mechanism which produces the needed wisdom. This is the path to freedom (ascension). This is the immediate purpose of human life on a world. I say immediate. This truly is only an introduction to a much broader landscape.

There is much more to this story as we might well imagine. In essence though the above says it all.

Blessings to us all,

Bartholomew

These words, this man...come see just how beautiful this is. Happy New Year to all...