Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > North American Indigenous Spirituality

Old 21-03-2020, 05:33 PM
ImthatIm

White Buffalo Calf Pipe

This (video) is the leader and keeper of the Sacred Calf Pipe. (Chanunpa Wakan)
You may say He is the Pope of this Land called America (Turtle Island)
This is my main Way of Life. I have also come to enjoy other Ways as well
since this Pipe Way is tolerant of many things, especially if they
involve Love and the Creator and Creation.

Are there any others that follow this Way or have comments about the Pipe for discussion?

vid. is 10 mins. long
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHqVdZmpRgI
Old 21-03-2020, 06:03 PM
Master
ImthatIm,

Thank you for sharing the video.

22 years ago, friend on the Navajo reservation shared the white buffalo prophecy. She told me how all the elders were teaching old ways in preparation. My father-in-law, showed me the desert plants that were edible. We all have choices to make. Each step rolls like thunder.
Old 22-03-2020, 01:58 AM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anala
ImthatIm,

Thank you for sharing the video.

22 years ago, friend on the Navajo reservation shared the white buffalo prophecy. She told me how all the elders were teaching old ways in preparation. My father-in-law, showed me the desert plants that were edible. We all have choices to make. Each step rolls like thunder.

"Each step rolls like thunder."

Nice saying.I really like it.

That's what we are doing is brushing up on some of the plants
that are known but that we don't often pick or gather.
We are also gathering and searching for one's we do seasonally gather.
Everything seems so intense now, every decision questioned and analyzed
to make sure it is wise, with COVID-19 about.

Stay well, Anal
Old 22-03-2020, 02:48 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
"Each step rolls like thunder."

Nice saying.I really like it.

That's what we are doing is brushing up on some of the plants
that are known but that we don't often pick or gather.
We are also gathering and searching for one's we do seasonally gather.
Everything seems so intense now, every decision questioned and analyzed
to make sure it is wise, with COVID-19 about.

Stay well, Anal

A long time ago I met some Shoshoni women who taught every one the song for spring. The rough translation I believe is was to “walk soft on the earth like the paws of a rabbit.” But we did not heed the warning. We walked like thunder and here we are. We each has a lesson learned and a skill or knowledge to share. It is time to come together.

Have you seen all the nations dancing? Grass dancers, Eagle dancers, jingle dancers? I have seen a half a dozen on Facebook today. They are dancing to heal.
Take the best of care, ImthatIm
Old 23-03-2020, 02:41 PM
ImthatIm

Anala
I did check out some dancers dancing for healing.

As a man, there is so much knowledge of walking softly that I learn
from women.
I hope to continue walking and acting softer, by learning from
women and Spirit.
There is so much beauty to witness, that I pray my Heart and others Hearts
are ready and available to receive it.

Last edited by ImthatIm : 23-03-2020 at 05:29 PM.
Old 23-03-2020, 05:27 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
A MESSAGE FROM LAKOTA
CHIEF ARVOL LOOKING HORSE

03/19/2020

A “disease of the mind” has set in world leaders and many members of our global community, with their belief that a solution of retaliation and destruction of peoples will bring peace.

In our Prophecies it is told that we are now at the crossroads: Either unite spiritually as a global nation or faced with chaos, disasters, diseases, and tears from our relatives’ eyes.

We are the only species that is destroying the source of life, meaning Mother Earth, in the name of power, mineral resources, and ownership of land. Using chemicals and methods of warfare that are doing irreversible damage, as Mother Earth is becoming tired and cannot sustain any more impacts of war.

I ask you to join me in this endeavor. Our vision is for the peoples of all continents, regardless of their beliefs in the Creator, to come together as one at their Sacred Sites.

Here is a Pipe song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lBzIl03qiY

When filling our Pipe with Kinnikinnick , we first have purified our surroundings and ourselves
and our objects with smoke. We center ourselves in our mind body and spirit, so that
what we feel, think and do, we do in a Sacred manner and refrain from any destructive
thoughts, feelings or actions, for it is said that when we put the Sacred Pipe together
with it's stone bowl which represents the Mother and All female aspects of Creation
and the wood/bone stem which represents the Father and All male aspects of Creation
we have the universe in our hands. So any destructive energy will be honored and the
purpose for the Pipe is for Health and help in Healing and making whole.
When loading our Pipe and we are centered with Creator and Creation we offer
our Kinnikinnick to the West where the sun goes down and the Thunder Being Live
and the Helper Spirits that live in that corner of the universe, these are some of the oldest
Grandfather Spirits of Creation. We ask them to visit us and honor our voice and prayers
and songs and intentions of our life energy and we place this plant medicine in the stone bowl.
Next we offer the the Kinnikinnick to the North,East,South honoring each of their directions and Spirits, then back to West completing the circle of
Life/Creation/time and then to the above direction to Wankan Tanka/God and the Tunkashilas?Grandfathers
where the Eagle represents the one that flies the
highest and carries our prayers to Wankan Tankan The Great Sacred Spirit (Mystery) this direction includes
all the star nations and Helper Spirit in that place of the universe.
We then offer to our Mother or Grandmother the Earth and the mole people
for they hear through the vibrations of the Earth and carry our prayer to Grandmother.
This is just a smidgen of what could be said on this matter, for the universe is immense.
The Pipe loading song is sung when filling the Pipe or just after filling, when possible.

It is said that when you do it this Way, you are holding All of Creation and the universe in you hands and what you ask
Wakan Tanka will hear you and honor your requests. This is why we only ask for Help and Health.
While abandoning any destructive thoughts, feeling, or actions.
It is also said that this Pipe represents you the human holding it that we are Earth/stone and sky/stem
and we clear our center out and the smoke is our spirit drawing in the Creators breathe/Spirit with
our own breath/Spirit and acting as a hollow tube/bone and working with the Creator through us.
This is a beautiful way of Life and I would never ever trade it for any other way of Life while
also trying to except All other Ways of Life and hope that you have found as much Peace, Love
and Joy that I have.
So ask humbly that at this time you use whatever Way you have to bring Health and Help to Life.
Old 24-03-2020, 12:11 AM
Master
Quote:
Anala
I did check out some dancers dancing for healing.

As a man, there is so much knowledge of walking softly that I learn
from women.
I hope to continue walking and acting softer, by learning from
women and Spirit.
There is so much beauty to witness, that I pray my Heart and others Hearts
are ready and available to receive it.

It is interesting. I do not see male and female. I did not know you were a man. I just see people’s beautiful self. That part in everyone that shines with beauty and love and hope. I see so much potential in people.

Your prayer resonates with my heart.

Thank you for sharing!

Woodpecker was at my window today! I told him hello and that I love him.

Take good care my friend.
Old 28-03-2020, 11:01 AM
Administrator
I have to agree with Anala in as much as I feel the soul that is what I connect with, makes no difference to Gender of the person. we don't get wood peckers near here the bird that is always around me is the Crow,they follow me everywhere,
I remember many moons ago I used to go on a site it doesn't exist now I had many Native friends on there. one was going through a tough time I told her to watch for the crow Knocking on her window it would be me.
within minutes she contacted me and said the crow was sitting by her window.
but when I meditate I only see the golden eagle and the wolf standing with me,

Namaste
Old 28-03-2020, 11:08 AM
Master
Quote:
Here is a Pipe song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lBzIl03qiY

When filling our Pipe with Kinnikinnick , we first have purified our surroundings and ourselves

KINNIKINNICK

Kinnikinnick is a word you do not hear often.

Not too long ago, I made up a batch of Kinnikinnick.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 29-03-2020, 06:54 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anala
It is interesting. I do not see male and female. I did not know you were a man. I just see people’s beautiful self. That part in everyone that shines with beauty and love and hope. I see so much potential in people.

Your prayer resonates with my heart.

Thank you for sharing!

Woodpecker was at my window today! I told him hello and that I love him.

Take good care my friend.

Thank you Ananla.
Stay well.