Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 13-01-2022, 06:45 PM
Master

Blessed are they who mourn

“Blessed are they who mourn” is the second Beatitude. If there is a hierarchy of Beatitudes why is this next to the top ? It sounds counterintuitive to think that mourning is a blessing. Any thoughts about the meaning and wisdom of this ?
Old 13-01-2022, 07:48 PM
Bambo

Thats very nice
Old 13-01-2022, 09:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
“Blessed are they who mourn” is the second Beatitude. If there is a hierarchy of Beatitudes why is this next to the top ? It sounds counterintuitive to think that mourning is a blessing. Any thoughts about the meaning and wisdom of this ?

When we 'Mourn' we naturally look for 'Comfort' somewhere, a way out of the suffering/pain we are feeling, those who understand our grief and try to help and comfort us are our blessings.... Imo.... but I presume this Beatitude is about 'Sin' and the mourning is a show of repentance and a change of heart which in turn brings inner comfort.
Old 13-01-2022, 09:24 PM
Master

Quote:
It sounds counterintuitive to think that mourning is a blessing. Any thoughts about the meaning and wisdom of this ?

I've always seen this as if you are mourning in this life you will be conforted in the next life. Those who mourn are experiencing an extreme inner suffering, the loss of hope is unimaginable, you are being shattered to pieces.

In my humble opinion, conforting is already here, no need to wait next life but only God can give it and man must find God for this to happen, conciously or unconciously.
Old 13-01-2022, 10:47 PM
Master

Thanks to all who have responded. IMO it is to understand what is meant by mourning. We rapidly jump to thinking of the experience of losing a loved one. We can expand this to many things: loss of our fortune, loss of our status, even the losing of our favorite team or politician. All of these things represent attachments. Progress happens on the spiritual path when we surrender attachments. The losing of attachments is the gaining of freedom. What is left if we lose ‘all’ ? God becomes the last man standing…..that is our comfort.

The soul responds to this loss by leading us to inspiration. Anything that causes us to take a breath….(mourning the loss of an attachment)….is bringing in the oxygen that gives us life. This newfound life is our comfort. It should be noted that anyone without pain has an almost impossible chance of conversing with the spiritual world. Understand in this way: broadly defined the pain is an emptiness in one’s life……and this can mean lack of satisfaction despite having wealth and fame.
Old 13-01-2022, 11:02 PM
Master

We can remember that, theoretically, in their vows nuns, ascetics, etc renounce their attachments to many of the things mentioned. It is part of the spiritual path they have chosen and desired. Essentially it as an assessment of risks vs. rewards….:)
Old 13-01-2022, 11:37 PM
Master

Molearner:

A great thread. Synchronistic. I feel right now a great loss. No career, no status, no security, But it does not feel inspirational, it feels easier to wallow.
Old 14-01-2022, 12:24 AM
Master

Quote:
The soul responds to this loss by leading us to inspiration. Anything that causes us to take a breath….(mourning the loss of an attachment)….is bringing in the oxygen that gives us life. This newfound life is our comfort.

yeah, this is one of those things that is very hard to see. In some ways happiness (perhaps just excess happiness or perhaps happiness in general, I don't know the answer) can come to be seen as a curse when you get to a certain point...

I look at it as in some ways a virus that we don't even know to get rid of and even want to perpetuate because of how desirable we have come to agree it is en masse. When in reality it is something that just gets one a high and shortens ones life down to a maximum of around 100 years...

so like you i do think there is more to mourning than it would appear... but then again I also remember the words of god:

1-Corinthians 1:27

But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

there are several passages in the bible like this, which indicate that the 'truths' we've all agreed to adhere to are but another weak fabrication.
Old 14-01-2022, 01:55 AM
Master
The second beatitude builds on our mental recognition of our poverty of spirit by adding an emotional response of sorrow.

When we face the evil in our own lives, it saddens us; when we face the evil in the world—which includes possible evil in our workplace—that, too, touches our emotions with grief.

The evil may come from ourselves, from others... , or from sources unknown. In any case, when we honestly mourn evil words, evil deeds, evil policies on the job, God sees our sorrow and comforts us with the knowledge that it will not always be this way.

Lord have mercy on my sins, we are all so pure, lol.

Pack of dogs snapping.... your day of judgment comes.

For now, I mourn..

Blessed are they who mourn, because they can see through the ****.

Last edited by Nowayout : 14-01-2022 at 02:39 AM.
Old 14-01-2022, 02:27 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiedust
Molearner:

A great thread. Synchronistic. I feel right now a great loss. No career, no status, no security, But it does not feel inspirational, it feels easier to wallow.

Your mourning is for material things, that's OK, but not it, but then again the world and its financial systems are evil too. Capitalism... Communism, global decay.

Life is hard work....spiritually and otherwise when our lot is to be on top. Basic survival can be so hard!

Nature is going to show us all that we are way out of line...

Christos, save us.

Your Crucifixion was totally wrong, yet the ways of this world go on.