Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 10-12-2021, 08:16 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
With the greatest respect, I had simply asked what Christianity teaches its adherents a medium is.

It depends on the 'Denomination' Bob....
Old 10-12-2021, 08:18 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Different Denominations have varied ideas. The Anglicans at one time actually did a ' Study ' which apparently was never Published but I did find an interesting Article......
With great respect, I'd just like to learn what Christianity teaches its followers a medium is and/or does.....
Old 10-12-2021, 08:20 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
It depends on the 'Denomination' Bob....
Then maybe the person who gives an answer could disclose the denomination guiding her?
Old 10-12-2021, 08:21 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
She was'nt a Religious person but she always used to say that Jesus was the first Medium.

Namaste

I have heard this said many times before, was She a Medium ?
Old 10-12-2021, 08:22 AM
Master
Quote:
Then maybe the person who gives an answer could disclose the denomination guiding her?
Mybe.......
Old 10-12-2021, 08:32 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Mybe.......
Why wouldn't anyone do that? Makes things simpler, I suggest.
Old 10-12-2021, 01:27 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
And it can also help the spirit to say many things...that is of no help necessarily to the living

I agree! anyone can, especially if they KNEW that person. have anyone ever stop to think, why do these who claim to have this "gift" can only say so much? one helping solve a crime says, "I see something green, ah, I see water. why don't they say jane doe is at lake so-and so. her killer is John Jones, he's as 727 east 68 st. Daniel interpreted the Kings dreams completely, NO I see something like this or that. something his magic men couldn't do. his was a gift of God, those men wasn't!

but Jesus wasn't a spirit medium, the Bible Never showed that Jesus talked to the dead. it ONLY showed that he raised or resurrected many back to life. Jesus would NOT even teach such thing. verses say Jesus taught what his Father wanted him to teach, (John 14:24 John 5:30 and John 15:15 ... "for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you").

which would mean that Jesus knew and agreed with His Father and God, concerning ANYTHING dealing with the nature of psychics. be-it fortune telling, tarot cards, zodiac sign readings, etc. Jesus Father finds these acts detestable, (Micah 5:12). in (Duet.18:10-12) Jehovah commanded his People the Israelites, (Deut. 18:10,11 NOT to practice " fortune-telling, interpret omens, function as mediums or psychics, or call forth the spirits of the dead).

MANY believe it's a "gift from God", it's NOT! Paul and Silas, two followers of Jesus, concerning a young lady at (Acts 16:16-19 "Paul, being grieved, turned and said to the spirit, I command thee in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her. And he came out the same hour). the Spirit was a Demon! now, this girl wasn't saying things like "the dead say they can hear you."

she was telling people to listen to these men of God. she followed them around, with her Master. who used her to make money, because he believes she could speak the future? (16) showed that she was "possessed with a spirit of divination." Paul got irritated, he KNEW what was of God and of satan.

MANY don't seem to understand the power satan has. and what he will do to have people go against Jehovah and Jesus. this teaching of one communicating with the dead. is what satan brought forth, by means on trickery, as he once tricked Eve. the dead knows NOTHING at all, (Eccles. 9:5 "... But the dead know nothing, and they have no more reward, For the memory of them is forgotten").

the dead can't speak to ANY of the Living, they have NO memory of anyone living. because once one had died, so does every function of their being. Demons knows everything, about every Human, dead or alive. so, it's NOT hard for them to make a medium saying your "mother has a red bow in her head." knowing that she did when she was alive, the living member knew this. so now, she believes "God has given this medium a gift."
Old 10-12-2021, 01:50 PM
Ascender
Quote:
'medium' communicates with those said to be dead in order that she can use the communication to help someone alive on earth.

none of Jesus followers, in the Bible would call Jesus a medium. because they already know from the Mosiac Laws. that the act or dealing with those who does these things, is detestable to Jehovah God. Jehovah wouldn't use a lie to help those who's Living. this is why he cause Man to jot down his words we now called the Bible. here's Biblical Proof!...

1Sam.28:3-19, long story, I’ll try to make it short!.. Samuel, (servant of God), and Saul, knew it was against God to deal with spirit mediums, psychics, foretellers, etc), Samuel died, Saul anger God to the point, he wouldn't answer none of his prayers. he was afraid of the Philistine army, so he went to a medium. Asked her to bring up Samuel, she did.

this Samuel asked Saul, why did he bring him up, Saul basically said I need your help, the problem with that was this wasn't the real Samuel. even IF!... the dead could speak to the living. Samuel wouldn't come back through a medium, especially since he knew it was against God.

of course, Saul was punished for going to the medium. Also, the medium said he and his sons would die by the philistines, the Sons did! but He didn't, he died by suicide,(1Sam. 31:2-4). So it wasn't really Samuel, who spoke to Saul, but a demon. peace
Old 10-12-2021, 01:59 PM
Master
The Transfiguration.

Six days later Jesus took Peter and James and his brother John along and led them up into a lofty mountain by themselves. And he was transfigured before them; his face shone as the sun, and his outer garments became brilliant as the light. And look! there appeared to them Moses and E·liʹjah conversing with him. Then Peter said to Jesus: “Lord, it is fine for us to be here. If you wish, I will erect three tents here, one for you, one for Moses, and one for E·liʹjah.” - Matthew 17:1–4 (New World Translation)

Conversing means to have an interactive conversation......Jesus was speaking to the dead.....
Old 10-12-2021, 02:42 PM
Deactivated Account
Look I'll be perfectly receptive to anyone who can explain what their denomination of the religion called 'Christianity' teaches them a medium is or a medium does. I don't want to hear historical chapter and verse or explanations of them - I'd just like to hear what's taught now in the Christian church.

Can anyone answer that simple question?