Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 31-10-2021, 04:17 AM
Pathfinder

Thumbs up is healing just letting go?

is there nothing to "fix", but just things we need to accept?
once that happens, are we healed?

is the common phrase true "fighting will just make it worse" ,
and we have to surrender in order to heal?

These are overall questions/thoughts I have on healing, particularly healing emotional wounds.
Old 31-10-2021, 06:01 AM
asearcher

hi my personal belief is that it is the last part and then it happens automatically, but there are steps before that, if lets say one is in grieving, there are all those steps one go through that even if it don't seem like it at the time, like anger, sadness, fear, is in it's way healing too - but one has to watch out so one does not get stuck in one phase of the process.

One can take "time out" in the fighting, one can say "well we can't solve this tonight" (if you are fighting in the evening) and "we have to leave it a rest", and then one can continue later on. Sometimes if one has too much emotions tied up to the one you are fighting with there are all these other feelings involved as well and it can block you from thinking clearly. Also it can take lots of efforts and so on, to be able to see the other one's perspective on matters.

One can always ask others, example through pray, to send healing to you, but one still gotta do the inner work it takes to truly be free/healed.
Old 31-10-2021, 09:58 AM
Master
There are no set rules for how one behaves where healing is concerned .

Some lose their self, their self worth, their voice and need to be heard .

Some have to stand their ground and stamp their feet where other's curl up into a little ball and lick their wounds .

Accepting how things are is a good practice, but when one truly looks at oneself, one knows their flaws, their weaknesses and their denials, their delusions ..

In this respect there is plenty to fix, plenty to work on .

x daz x
Old 23-11-2021, 04:07 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by asearcher
hi my personal belief is that it is the last part and then it happens automatically, but there are steps before that, if lets say one is in grieving, there are all those steps one go through that even if it don't seem like it at the time, like anger, sadness, fear, is in it's way healing too - but one has to watch out so one does not get stuck in one phase of the process.

Thanks A searcher, I really appreciated that. I think I needed to hear that, especially what you said how there's many "phases" to healing, like anger, grief, etc., before we reach the acceptance or "surrender." I sometimes get so caught up in trying to rush to the end goal that I get dissatisfied when it doesn't
happen as soon as I'd like it. But really all of the emotions and processing I do before that helps with healing, and it's apart of the journey. Thank you :)

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 24-11-2021 at 01:14 PM. Reason: Shortened quote as Admin has asked to 2-3 sentences
Old 23-11-2021, 11:11 AM
Deactivated Account
Healing doesn't always mean being totally cured of a troublesome condition. Sometimes it can just mean relief from symptoms, from pain, from stress or whatever.

Letting go may be part of the healing, however....
Old 23-11-2021, 04:57 PM
Madamedude

Based on personal experiences, letting go is what triggers the healing. There are no set timers given we are all different and also affected by outside circumstances.
Old 24-11-2021, 06:40 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pea Soup
*Deleted*
I didn't see xxxxx giving any advice. I read an observation being made, a viewpoint being expressed......
Old 24-11-2021, 06:48 AM
Pea Soup

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
I didn't see xxxxx giving any advice. I read an observation being made, a viewpoint being expressed......
..GOOD ...I'm glad he isn't !!!!!
Old 24-11-2021, 08:25 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pea Soup
*deleted
I totally accept he was offering an opinion or viewpoint based on personal experience but that's not an unusual situation. However I didn't read anything appearing to me as giving advice.

Even if advice was being offered though nobody is under any obligation to take any notice of it.
Old 24-11-2021, 08:52 AM
Pea Soup

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
I totally accept he was offering an opinion or viewpoint based on personal experience but that's not an unusual situation. However I didn't read anything appearing to me as giving advice.

Even if advice was being offered though nobody is under any obligation to take any notice of it.
That's ok... I guess you didn't read my pm. Not to worry.